+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsorship withdrawal

silverstar77

Dec 19, 2018
Hello just wondering if it is possible to withdraw a sponsorship application if the applicant being sponsored has received approval in principle (AIP) status?

thank you

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
The application can be withdrawn up until the principal applicant lands.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
what if its an inland application?
Doesn't matter if it's inland or outland. Up until the applicant lands the application is being processed and thus can be withdrawn. The last chance to withdraw is during the actual landing appointment (they often ask the sponsor if they still want to sponsor but the app can be withdrawn regardless).

Reactions: scylla
Oct 28, 2019
Doesn't matter if it's inland or outland. Up until the applicant lands the application is being processed and thus can be withdrawn. The last chance to withdraw is during the actual landing appointment (they often ask the sponsor if they still want to sponsor but the app can be withdrawn regardless).
Some said it cannot be withdraw once it is approved.
Which one is the update version?
I am so confused.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
A sponsorship cannot be withdrawn once the principal applicant lands. As was explained clearly above, the last chance for an inland application to be withdrawn is at the landing interview.

If you're having significant enough doubts to investigate withdrawing an application, you should withdraw now and not miss an opportunity to do so. Once the applicant is landed, the sponsor is responsible for three years of financial support through the undertaking.

Oct 28, 2019
A sponsorship cannot be withdrawn once the principal applicant lands. As was explained clearly above, the last chance for an inland application to be withdrawn is at the landing interview.

If you're having significant enough doubts to investigate withdrawing an application, you should withdraw now and not miss an opportunity to do so. Once the applicant is landed, the sponsor is responsible for three years of financial support through the undertaking.
For the landing interview, do I need to be there? Or my wife can just come on her own and have the interview without me?
You mentioned that I will most likely to be given the chance to object in the landing interview.
The reason that I did not withdraw the application right away is that I still love her and still hope that things will workout, though not likely.
I know it is not logical, but if I withdraw now, it will ruin all the chance that things may work out for us.

So if she land without me and we are divorced. She can basically live anywhere without me knowing and apply for social assistant and I will be paying back every penny?

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
For the landing interview, do I need to be there? Or my wife can just come on her own and have the interview without me?
You mentioned that I will most likely to be given the chance to object in the landing interview.
The reason that I did not withdraw the application right away is that I still love her and still hope that things will workout, though not likely.
I know it is not logical, but if I withdraw now, it will ruin all the chance that things may work out for us.

So if she land without me and we are divorced. She can basically live anywhere without me knowing and apply for social assistant and I will be paying back every penny?
No, you have to accompany her to the landing interview, so you will definitely be able to withdraw then.

Oct 28, 2019
No, you have to accompany her to the landing interview, so you will definitely be able to withdraw then.
Thanks. That is a peace of mind.
And you are sure that this is the case, right? Because some people said it is over once it is approved by the VISA office.
Sorry to be doubting what you said, but I am very confused and nervous, especially with the uncertainty of what my wife really have in her mind.

reviv3r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
And you are sure that this is the case, right? Because some people said it is over once it is approved by the VISA office.
Sorry to be doubting what you said, but I am very confused and nervous, especially with the uncertainty of what my wife really have in her mind.
I concur with @Qwertypod The sponsor is required to accompany the principal applicant to the landing interview. If you get divorced, you’re required to inform IRCC.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Yes I am 100% sure of this. When I did the landing interview with my husband for his PR, they asked me if I still wanted to proceed with the undertaking. They ask this for a specific reason. Again, if you are nervous, withdraw before this stage, but you will have a chance at landing. I believe that they will also not issue her PR if you decline to accompany her to the interview, but it's best to do this in person to be sure for yourself.

Oct 28, 2019
Yes I am 100% sure of this. When I did the landing interview with my husband for his PR, they asked me if I still wanted to proceed with the undertaking. They ask this for a specific reason. Again, if you are nervous, withdraw before this stage, but you will have a chance at landing. I believe that they will also not issue her PR if you decline to accompany her to the interview, but it's best to do this in person to be sure for yourself.
Thanks for the confirmation. I will act accordingly.

Reactions: Qwertypod