Mar 6, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
App. Filed.......
10-Oct-2018
Good day,
Here is the situation, when I was emotional I withdrew my sponsorship for my husband and our interview got cancelled and they refunded me the 490$ for permanent residence. The very next day I sent them a letter explaining my stupidity and would like to continue with the sponsorship.
I received an email today saying that I would have to start all over for the sponsorship. Does this mean I have to redo all my husbands documentation also, general application, background declaration etc...? Or just the sponsorship application and processing fees of 550$?

If anybody has done what I did please advise of your experiences.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You need to restart from the beginning, and also be prepared to explain what has changed since your initial withdrawal.

sukh_s85

Mar 22, 2019
Good day,
Here is the situation, when I was emotional I withdrew my sponsorship for my husband and our interview got cancelled and they refunded me the 490$ for permanent residence. The very next day I sent them a letter explaining my stupidity and would like to continue with the sponsorship.
I received an email today saying that I would have to start all over for the sponsorship. Does this mean I have to redo all my husbands documentation also, general application, background declaration etc...? Or just the sponsorship application and processing fees of 550$?

If anybody has done what I did please advise of your experiences.
Everything has to be done again from scratch. Sorry, no other option .

Reactions: RachelleT36

RachelleT36

Mar 6, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
App. Filed.......
10-Oct-2018
You need to restart from the beginning, and also be prepared to explain what has changed since your initial withdrawal.
Agreed they told me to add a letter with the application explaining my withdrawal in the first place.
So start fresh from the beginning, all documentations?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Also be prepared to have your file scrutinized more carefully now. Cancelling a sponsorship and then wanting to restart it will raise red flags. These aren't usually decisions that are made on the spur of the moment..

RachelleT36

Mar 6, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
App. Filed.......
10-Oct-2018
Also be prepared to have your file scrutinized more carefully now. Cancelling a sponsorship and then wanting to restart it will raise red flags. These aren't usually decisions that are made on the spur of the moment..
Agreed!
question: on the sponsorship form it states the following" Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members:
I must indicate YES here correct? It also states that if I answer yes from question 6-15 I may not be eligible.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Agreed!
question: on the sponsorship form it states the following" Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members:
I must indicate YES here correct? It also states that if I answer yes from question 6-15 I may not be eligible.
No, say no here - you aren't waiting for a final decision, you withdrew that application. You will still be an eligible sponsor assuming you meet all the other requirements.

RachelleT36

Mar 6, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
App. Filed.......
10-Oct-2018
Would take some time and consider your relationship. Sponsoring someone is a big deal and there must be a good reason you withdrew the application. Maybe a couple of months will bring more clarity.
Agreed. Thank you

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018

• [URL='https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/funbox/header_pnp/click']

Preview
    I have a question. I became PR in September 2018. And landed. Me n my wife been have problems such as arguments where she would disrespect me etc. And call me names. When I arrived , she told me she not interested to see me. I was stranded. However few hours later she showed me up and took me in and was gone to work . Upon her return arguments conutuned where she asked me y have I come with little suitcase and if I have sold my store n house back home. Which I couldn't n it went on.
    She asked me to divorce her and got the landlord involved who told me to leave and decided if we wana be together or not . No pointing in arguing.
    I ended up in motel. And than after a week I received emails from her that she will report me from marriage fraud and that remarks that it's good I am outa her place that I could be very dangerous man.
    That even got me scared. And I approached a lawyer who advised me not to meet her in person or respond at all.
    Time went by..she kept sending emails that she loves me n and that she was under a spell of black magic and that's why she misbehaved. And beg me to come back. But I am confused and scared of in case she wrongly accused me of anything.
    I have my PR card.
    2 months ago I received a letter from IRCC asking me to provide proof if relationship was genuine . They mentioned that their record shows and information received that I am not living with her.
    My lawyer has submitted all the proof of relationship , her emails, our pics and etc.
    It's been 7 weeks that I am still waiting an outcome.
    She still asks me to come back to her.and I just don't know what to do anymore. I have found a job and I been working since December. I haven't gone to welfare because I don't want her to be in any financial burden . Even lawyer charged me alot of money to respond to that letter. I guess I didn't know much.
    Is there anyone out there who might have any suggestions or opinions? Please respond.
    Anyone who is going through the same .....
    Thank you for reading.. .[/URL]
ForumsSponsorship Withdrawal/Changed mind

Reply to Thread

Preview
I have a question. I became PR in September 2018. And landed. Me n my wife been have problems such as arguments where she would disrespect me etc. And call me names. When I arrived , she told me she not interested to see me. I was stranded. However few hours later she showed me up and took me in and was gone to work . Upon her return arguments conutuned where she asked me y have I come with little suitcase and if I have sold my store n house back home. Which I couldn't n it went on.
She asked me to divorce her and got the landlord involved who told me to leave and decided if we wana be together or not . No pointing in arguing.
I ended up in motel. And than after a week I received emails from her that she will report me from marriage fraud and that remarks that it's good I am outa her place that I could be very dangerous man.
That even got me scared. And I approached a lawyer who advised me not to meet her in person or respond at all.
Time went by..she kept sending emails that she loves me n and that she was under a spell of black magic and that's why she misbehaved. And beg me to come back. But I am confused and scared of in case she wrongly accused me of anything.
I have my PR card.
2 months ago I received a letter from IRCC asking me to provide proof if relationship was genuine . They mentioned that their record shows and information received that I am not living with her.
My lawyer has submitted all the proof of relationship , her emails, our pics and etc.
She still asks me to come back to her.and I just don't know what to do anymore. I have found a job and I been working since December. I haven't gone to welfare because I don't want her to be in any financial burden . Even lawyer charged me alot of money to respond to that letter. I guess I didn't know much.
Is there anyone out there who might have any suggestions or opinions? Please respond.
Thank you for reading.. .

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
  • https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/#

Preview
    I have my PR card.
ForumsSponsorship Withdrawal/Changed mind

Reply to Thread

Preview
I have my PR card.
I cant give you advice on your situation, but you will probably get a better response if you create your own personal thread instead of posting on other people's. On the list where you see everyone posts! There's a red button to create threads :)