+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship [Spouse] - Help with CSQ Forms

curiousdan

Mar 9, 2017
Hello,

I have been looking and filling the forms for CSQ application to Quebec for sponsorship application of my spouse and have a question.

Based on my situation - application for spouse for CSQ, I believe I should be applying with Kit-A [http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/undertaking-application/kit-a.html] - which I believes excludes financial assessment, is that correct?

I don't see any requirement for filing any financial form but came across this while I was filling "Documents to submit in support of an undertaking application A-1520-BA". This form asks if I filled the "Financial Capacity Evaluation A-0535-A" form.

Could you please advise if A-0535-A [Financial Evaluation] is required for someone sponsoring their spouse?

The form seems a bit lengthy so just making sure if its mandatory or I can save some time and submit a day early :)

Please advise.

Last edited:
Reactions: leMauricien

angel4life08

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
Sent on 07-01-2017 SA...............:12-01-2017
File Transfer...
12-01-2017 AOR2...........: 02-02-2017 CSQ Filed....: 18-01-2017 CSQ Received: 05-04-2017
Med's Done....
07-12-2016 upfront - Passed
Interview........
Not Needed Bg Check......: 26-08-2017 DM...............: 29-09-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
17-11-2017
Hello,

I have been looking and filling the forms for CSQ application to Quebec for sponsorship application of my spouse and have a question.

Based on my situation - application for spouse for CSQ, I believe I should be applying with Kit-A [http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/undertaking-application/kit-a.html] - which I believes excludes financial assessment, is that correct?

I don't see any requirement for filing any financial form but came across this while I was filling "Documents to submit in support of an undertaking application A-1520-BA". This form asks if I filled the "Financial Capacity Evaluation A-0535-A" form.

Could you please advise if A-0535-A [Financial Evaluation] is required for someone sponsoring their spouse?

The form seems a bit lengthy so just making sure if its mandatory or I can save some time and submit a day early :)

Please advise.
Hi,
If you read in small letters on the left of the question it says "Complete this form if you must prove your financial capacity".
I personally wrote NA when I printed the form.
For spousal sponsorship, you don't need to show your financial status. Fill what applies to you and write NA for what doesn't.
Good luck

Parivash_a

Oct 30, 2017
Hi,
If you read in small letters on the left of the question it says "Complete this form if you must prove your financial capacity".
I personally wrote NA when I printed the form.
For spousal sponsorship, you don't need to show your financial status. Fill what applies to you and write NA for what doesn't.
Good luck
May I ask please when did you send the forms? After you have received the SA email, or I should be waiting to receive a separate email to do so? Also I need to know if this extra stage makes the total process longer or it is parallel to other stages? Thanks.

angel4life08

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
Sent on 07-01-2017 SA...............:12-01-2017
File Transfer...
12-01-2017 AOR2...........: 02-02-2017 CSQ Filed....: 18-01-2017 CSQ Received: 05-04-2017
Med's Done....
07-12-2016 upfront - Passed
Interview........
Not Needed Bg Check......: 26-08-2017 DM...............: 29-09-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
17-11-2017
May I ask please when did you send the forms? After you have received the SA email, or I should be waiting to receive a separate email to do so? Also I need to know if this extra stage makes the total process longer or it is parallel to other stages? Thanks.
I was requested to send the forms in the SA email, It was the first communication I received from them.
Applying for CSQ won't affect the duration of your application, they will work on your file while waiting for CSQ.

evap

Jun 12, 2017
Hi, I applied for my CSQ on October 16th. On October 26th they deducted the money from my credit card. And now I'm still waiting for their answer. I haven't got any news on it. I want to know if you have idea about the processing times?. I'm very worried because in the website says that it's taking 25 days to process the application.
Please share your experience on it.

Ps: I'm applying outland under the family class (spouse sponsorship)

sh.mo2018

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Hi, I applied for my CSQ on October 16th. On October 26th they deducted the money from my credit card. And now I'm still waiting for their answer. I haven't got any news on it. I want to know if you have idea about the processing times?. I'm very worried because in the website says that it's taking 25 days to process the application.
Please share your experience on it.

Ps: I'm applying outland under the family class (spouse sponsorship)
Hi, did you hear back finally? if yes, how long after submitting your CSQ? I'm in the same situation right now. Thanks

evap

Jun 12, 2017
Hi, did you hear back finally? if yes, how long after submitting your CSQ? I'm in the same situation right now. Thanks
Hello. I called them and they told me it usually takes two months to deliver the documents (to China). I waited more than three months and called them again. They asked me to send a letter to the same address stating that I didn't receive the document and probably they got lost in the mail.
I did that, and after 45 days I received it.
You can call and try the letter thing.
Just ask them to send it again and remember to write your contact details and passport number.
If you call them first, they will even tell you if your application was approved and the date.

Reactions: sh.mo2018