+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship procedure for child by parent who is a Canadian PR

CanadaResident1

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Hi All,

My wife and I are Canadian PRs. My wife is in home country and I am in Canada. We are expecting a baby in December and we are planning to have the baby born in our homeland. In this case, I would like to know the various possible options to bring my wife and child to Canada ASAP.

1. As I am in Canada, I can apply for sponsorship to my child. Could someone help me with the procedure for the same.

2. While this sponsorship approval is in process, I would like to have my wife and kid with me in Canada. Could someone help me with the possible options for this.

I am really anxious about bringing them to Canada AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. I would be immensely thankful if someone could help me sort out the above queries.

Thank you a ton in advance. :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CanadaResident1 said:
1. As I am in Canada, I can apply for sponsorship to my child. Could someone help me with the procedure for the same.

2. While this sponsorship approval is in process, I would like to have my wife and kid with me in Canada. Could someone help me with the possible options for this.
Hi

1. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

2. You can apply for a TRV for the child. If that's refused, you can apply for a TRP. If that is refused, then your child will need to remain in your country until the PR app is approved.

Post your future queries in the Family Class section of the forum.

CanadaResident1

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Hi canuck_in_uk,

Firstly, thank you for your response. I am now going to apply for sponsorship. While that is in process, could I apply for TRV/TRP or should I apply TRV/TRP before applying for sponsorship. Please clarify.

Thank you once again.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CanadaResident1 said:
Hi canuck_in_uk,

Firstly, thank you for your response. I am now going to apply for sponsorship. While that is in process, could I apply for TRV/TRP or should I apply TRV/TRP before applying for sponsorship. Please clarify.

Thank you once again.
It doesn't matter. You can apply before or after.

CanadaResident1

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Hi canuck_in_uk,

I have now applied for sponsorship for my child last month. I am not sure when I would be getting AOR. Hope I would get it soon:)

I want to know if it is advisable to apply for TRV with the fee receipt of this sponsorship application or wait until I get AOR and then apply for TRV with it.

Kindly advise.

Thanks a ton in advance.