+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsorship OUTLAND or INLAND? Belgium

neenvdw

Apr 6, 2020
Hey everybody,

My partner is Canadian and I am Belgian and we try to move together to Canada. Currently my partner is on a Working Holiday Programme in Belgium with me but he will leave in june (if possible because of corona). We applied for a sponsorship outside Canada for me and sent it more than a month ago... now it appeared that it is lost in the post --' now we are reconsidering for me to just get an eta visa so i can stay in Canada for up to 6 months and apply from within Canada. My question is do we need to apply for inside or outside canada common law? I want to be able to stay with him in Canada during the process so I thought inside Canada would be better but what if something happens to my friends or family here? am i allowed to come back and if i apply for outside will i still be allowed to prolong my stay untill I get PR? thanks so much!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey everybody,

My partner is Canadian and I am Belgian and we try to move together to Canada. Currently my partner is on a Working Holiday Programme in Belgium with me but he will leave in june (if possible because of corona). We applied for a sponsorship outside Canada for me and sent it more than a month ago... now it appeared that it is lost in the post --' now we are reconsidering for me to just get an eta visa so i can stay in Canada for up to 6 months and apply from within Canada. My question is do we need to apply for inside or outside canada common law? I want to be able to stay with him in Canada during the process so I thought inside Canada would be better but what if something happens to my friends or family here? am i allowed to come back and if i apply for outside will i still be allowed to prolong my stay untill I get PR? thanks so much!!
Why do you think it's lost? Did you not send it registered and tracked?

If you apply inland, plan to be in Canada for the entire process. If that isn't an option, apply outland. Your choice.

neenvdw

Apr 6, 2020
Why do you think it's lost? Did you not send it registered and tracked?

If you apply inland, plan to be in Canada for the entire process. If that isn't an option, apply outland. Your choice.
i did send it with tracking through Bpost but it's been over a month and all they know is that it left Belgium but it was never scanned at the airport in canada...Stupid post say they cannot investigate. Okay thanks! but if I appy outland is it still possible to stay there untill I get PR or is that not guaranteed?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
i did send it with tracking through Bpost but it's been over a month and all they know is that it left Belgium but it was never scanned at the airport in canada...Stupid post say they cannot investigate. Okay thanks! but if I appy outland is it still possible to stay there untill I get PR or is that not guaranteed?
That's why an international courier like FedEx is always the best option when sending from outside Canada.

It is still very possible that it was still delivered but the tracking didn't update. AOR generally takes a few months (though with COVID-19 delays, that's no guarantee these days), so you could hold off and wait to see if you get AOR before sending another app.

Yes, you can apply outland while in Canada.

neenvdw

Apr 6, 2020
That's why an international courier like FedEx is always the best option when sending from outside Canada.

It is still very possible that it was still delivered but the tracking didn't update. AOR generally takes a few months (though with COVID-19 delays, that's no guarantee these days), so you could hold off and wait to see if you get AOR before sending another app.

Yes, you can apply outland while in Canada.
okay thanks! and we don't have FedEx here, I looked into options but not much was available :/ honestly, I think something is wrong because we cannot find it anywhere on any international tracking website...anyway thanks for your help. We'll see wht happens I guess!