+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship of sibling possible?

Aparna13

Nov 19, 2017
Hello,

I'm 29. I have an elder brother who has a PR Visa and has been staying in Canada since close to 4 years. Is it possible for him to sponsor my PR Visa together with my mother's Super Visa under Dependent Parent Category?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
No, since your parent is alive he is ineligible to sponsor you for PR.

Also if he has any family in Canada (spouse, kids, relatives, etc) he would also be ineligible to sponsor you.

You need to find out how to qualify for an economic program and immigrate on your own.

If he meets income requirements he can apply supervisa for your mom, or apply to lottery to sponsor her for PR, but you will not be allowed to be included in those applications.

Aparna13

Nov 19, 2017
No, since your parent is alive he is ineligible to sponsor you for PR.

Also if he has any family in Canada (spouse, kids, relatives, etc) he would also be ineligible to sponsor you.

You need to find out how to qualify for an economic program and immigrate on your own.

If he meets income requirements he can apply supervisa for your mom, or apply to lottery to sponsor her for PR, but you will not be allowed to be included in those applications.
Okay. If I apply for a Provincial Nominee Program of the province my brother is based in, what are the chances of my application getting picked up from the ITA pool? Can it also get rejected?

Any other faster or better way to apply for Canada Immigration since the whole family wants to move.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Okay. If I apply for a Provincial Nominee Program of the province my brother is based in, what are the chances of my application getting picked up from the ITA pool? Can it also get rejected?

Any other faster or better way to apply for Canada Immigration since the whole family wants to move.
You need certain education/work experience to apply for PNP. Not knowing anything about yours, its impossible to say if you qualify.

An economic immigration stream is probably your best and only chance to immigrate.

Aparna13

Nov 19, 2017
I
You need certain education/work experience to apply for PNP. Not knowing anything about yours, its impossible to say if you qualify.

An economic immigration stream is probably your best and only chance to immigrate.
I am a graduate (Bachelor of Commerce B.Com) with 2 years and 2 months of work experience in the field of finance. My eligibility score is 67 and CRS points are 419 (as per the free evaluation asessment form)

My brother is settled in Alberta and I believe there are no PNPs for Alberta but only AINP where you need offer letters from an employer. So how should I proceed with my process? What do you suggest?

Aparna13

Nov 19, 2017

My eligibility score is 73* and not 67. Sorry for the error there. And CRS is 419.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I

I am a graduate (Bachelor of Commerce B.Com) with 2 years and 2 months of work experience in the field of finance. My eligibility score is 67 and CRS points are 419 (as per the free evaluation asessment form)

My brother is settled in Alberta and I believe there are no PNPs for Alberta but only AINP where you need offer letters from an employer. So how should I proceed with my process? What do you suggest?
Since you're asking about the Provincial Nominee immigration streams, you need to post your questions to the PNP section of the forum. This is where you'll get the best advice.