File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
As my mother is principal applicant so I used representative form to be authorized for making changes. Let's see if I pass in the CIC application filling exam.

The application will be delivered on Monday 6 January.

MrNobody

Oct 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
nina.roy said:
Stay positive my friend, I too am in the same boat as you. I was eligible to apply for parents sponsorship based on 2011 income, but they froze the program then. Now when they re-opened it, they introduced a 3 year financial proof clause, which I meet only for 2011, 2012 and 2013, not for 2010. I took a chance and submitted the application anyway, lets see what they do with my application.

CIC will be counting only complete applications towards the 5000 cap, and I believe we will know about the cap being reached by the end of this month/Feb. So if my application is considered incomplete, I should expect it back within a month and we can try again in 2015.

What bothers me slightly about this new guide is that, say I waited till March/April 2014 to get my NOA (assuming the CAP was still not filled up by then), then they have not even bothered to provide us the Federal Minimum Income figures for 2013 for us to check if we are eligible to sponsor for yr 2013 or not.

In any case, lets hope for the best!

[size=20pt] :) Happy New Year Everyone! :) [/size]
Thanks Nina. Did you send the 2010 Option C's with your application too? If not, they might just return the application as incomplete without assessing it like some members here said previously. Although the problem is that if the 2010 Option C's are included, the application will be counted as complete, but only assessed sometime in 2017 and as we know, it will be denied.

I think as long as no decision is made on the current application, you cannot submit a new one for sponsorship of your parents either. So we're caught between a rock and a hard place.

I'm thinking of sending the application without the 2010 Option C's. That will be a test case to find out how strict CIC is on inclusion of 3 Option C's and if they will accept my request to consider other evidence while the 2013 NoA comes through.

Best of luck for your case!

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Anybody already sent his application yesterday or today ?
Is it received by the CIC ?

I sent mine yesterday by Canada Post..
It was supposed to be delivered by today, but the tracking showing that it will be delivered on 06 Jan

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
My parents have visited Canada at least 4 times already and plan to visit more in the future. If I decide to sponsor them, could it jeopardize their ability to travel to Canada under a visitors visa while their sponsorship is in process?

Do you know of any cases where the parents were allowed to travel to Canada while their sponsorship applications were in process?

Thanks!!

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
nush78l said:
My parents have visited Canada at least 4 times already and plan to visit more in the future. If I decide to sponsor them, could it jeopardize their ability to travel to Canada under a visitors visa while their sponsorship is in process?

Do you know of any cases where the parents were allowed to travel to Canada while their sponsorship applications were in process?

Thanks!!
Not at all, many parents travel

Few people in parents thread where parents are here and processing done in home country, you can ask there

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
nush78l said:

Thanks!!
No it should not affect ..
However I believe it's always better to get for them a super visa valid for xx years (depending on the expiry date of their passport and up to 10 years) .. And after that apply for sponsorship

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 07,2014 ,REACHED cic-m on Jan 10,2014,at 11.30 AM
Doc's Request.
In Process since 22/04/2016
Nomination.....
credit card charged on Jan 25,2014
AOR Received.
Recvd on JUN 09,2014 CPC-MISSISSAUGA.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Approved by CPC-MISSISSAUGA nd file trfd. to CPC-Ottawa on April 14,2016
Med's Request
received vide email dated June 30,2016.
Med's Done....
AS on July 21 nd information sent to CPC-Ottawa on July 26,Medical results recvd. line in ecas visible
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
Email dtd. Oct.20,2016 recvd. for submission of PPTS nd submitted on Oct. 24, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Docs recvd. on Aug 07,2016
LANDED..........
With God blessings, landed with my spouse at Calgary on April 26,2017.
nush78l said:

Thanks!!
@nush781,

petersiddle has very correctly opined. TRV and sponsored application are different entities.Ur parents can visit u in capacity of visitors even when their sponsored application is in process..

Good luck nd May God bless all !!!!
mspjal

bmramon

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/01/2014
AOR Received.
09/06/2014
File Transfer...
14-03-2016
Med's Request
21-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-02-2017
Sent my application on December 31st via Purolator - arrived at CPC-M on Jan 2 2014 at 8:56 am.

Will post updates as they come in the future.

Good luck to all!

waiting4u

Dec 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
13-12-2010
Med's Done....
27-10-2010
Passport Req..
10-01-2010
Re: Parents already here on supervisa

@IPSKang and @Bsramon

Can you guys please let me know what immigration office did you choose on Form IMM0008 Generic Application Form. I am confused if I should use Canada or Delhi office because my parents are already in Canada on supervisa. If you can respond soon that will help me send the application faster. Thanks

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Jan-2014 11:15am
goal80 said:
Anybody already sent his application yesterday or today ?
Is it received by the CIC ?

I sent mine yesterday by Canada Post..
It was supposed to be delivered by today, but the tracking showing that it will be delivered on 06 Jan
I sent mine on Jan 2 and was at CPC-M office on Jan 3rd morning. I used FedEx Priority Overnight service. Most courier and Canada Post requires you to submit package before noon for next day intercity delivery.

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
scorpion_ca said:
Is there any problem to submit hand written forms to CIC? Thanks!
Technically they can't refuse to take them but it will slowdown processing. When you fill up forms electronically, CIC asks you to validate a few forms. After validation is done it generates bar codes. CIC will take those barcode pages and scan them using special scanner build by IBM and all info on those form will go directly into their system. If you hand write all of them, someone need to enter all that info into their system manually.

calgary-eagle

Dec 18, 2013
toronto27 said:
Technically they can't refuse to take them but it will slowdown processing. When you fill up forms electronically, CIC asks you to validate a few forms. After validation is done it generates bar codes. CIC will take those barcode pages and scan them using special scanner build by IBM and all info on those form will go directly into their system. If you hand write all of them, someone need to enter all that info into their system manually.
I didn't know that! Some of the forms I finished validating them then I checked for errors and if I found one I would correct it and save it. Would you say the barcodes won't registers those changes since its already validated? that would mean if you found any mistake on the form you are obliged to rewrite the entire form.

calgary-eagle

Dec 18, 2013
I guess I should've clicked validate again and then save. Third mistake so far guys, I should stop reviewing my application its like a final exam done in a hurry. :eek:
I hope the officer does not just use the bar code for my application and actually review the printout.

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
calgary-eagle said:
I didn't know that! Some of the forms I finished validating them then I checked for errors and if I found one I would correct it and save it. Would you say the barcodes won't registers those changes since its already validated? that would mean if you found any mistake on the form you are obliged to rewrite the entire form.
You don't need to rewrite whole form, but you do need to press "Validate" button again after you make change(s) so barcode reflect those changes to be on safe side. I don't know if they are programmed to pick up any changes automatically but I did make sure I hit Validate button every time I make change in IMM1344 and IMM0008.