20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
toronto27 said:
I have dealt with CIC on number of occasions in past 13 years. I came to Canada as a student and become PR under skilled worker category. Then I applied my parents Visitor Visa, after that their Super Visa and in between all that numerous communications. I have never provided them my original NOA and even if they ask I won't as it's an official financial document one should hold on to for countless situations in life.

I have always provided photocopy of my NOA for all my applications and never had any problem. So my point here is if the assigned officer doesn't see anything goofy on your application he/she will have no reason to ask you for official or notarized document.

Just sharing my experience.
I agree with going with the photocopy of the NOA or a notarized copy of it. Hard to part with the original NOA to CIC. It is one of the reason, CIC want Option C Printout. It doesn't force to you submit your original NOA. Plus photocopying the original NOA still maintains the unique printing/CRA lettering CRA. Not the same as printout from home printer from CRA website. Still can be falsified and not officially validated.

Screech339

mzm26

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
toronto27 said:
You don't need to write sum of three years just most recent (2012) NOC line 150. And yes the table given in the new guide released on Dec 31st includes LICO+30% so you don't need to add an extra 30% on that.
It is still confusing to me. In question 9 they ask to add all three years income, but in Q,8 why is it only recent year income.

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Jan-2014 11:15am
mzm26 said:
It is still confusing to me. In question 9 they ask to add all three years income, but in Q,8 why is it only recent year income.
You mentioned you have family of three... This is what will go on your form:

Question 8 - $45,040
Question 9 - (amount from 2012's NOA line 150, if you have co-signer than sum of both of your line 150)

You can read other threads; this has been discussed quite a few times.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Q9 - They didn't ask to add all three years of income. They asked to add sponsor and co-signer (16h & 19h) year 1 (latest) income. This info was verified by CIC rep.

mzm26 said:

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
I have sent the mom's PR application yesterday. She is currently on Super visa & in Canada .

Document Checklist

1. Application to sponsor

2. Financial Evaluation

3. Generic Application

4. Background Declaration

5. Additional Family Information

6. Use of Representative

9. Fee Payment Form

Supporting Documents

1. Copy of My PR

2. Copy of Marriage Certificate

3. Copy of Wife's PR

4. Relationship to sponsor : My Passport Copy ( I don't have birth certificate)

5. Copy of Wife & I's NOA 2010, 2011 & 2012 ( CRA Website)

6. Copy of my Mother's passport

mssga

Dec 31, 2013
PLEASE ADVICE!!!! I send in my application yesterday. However, looking over my photocopies, I just realized I made a mistake - when I signed the sponsorship form, I put the date as 2013-01-02 instead of 2014-01-12.

Should I send in the application again? I am panicking - after all that hard work what should I do? PLEASE SOMEONE ADVICE!

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Once your application is with CPC-M can you please post an update with date and time here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/parent-sponsorship-2014-application-reached-cpcm-t179188.0.html

We can track at later stage who's application get returned and when 5000 cap reached.

Thanks.

ipskang said:
I have sent the mom's PR application yesterday. She is currently on Super visa & in Canada .

Document Checklist

2. Financial Evaluation

3. Generic Application

6. Use of Representative

9. Fee Payment Form

Supporting Documents

1. Copy of My PR

3. Copy of Wife's PR

calgary-eagle

Dec 18, 2013
ipskang said:

Document Checklist

2. Financial Evaluation

3. Generic Application

6. Use of Representative

9. Fee Payment Form

Supporting Documents

1. Copy of My PR

3. Copy of Wife's PR

Did you use an immigration consultant? You don't need to fill up the "Use of Representative" form if its just you and your mother filling and sending your own documents. Anyone thinks otherwise? I know I didn't send that form since I didn't use any help.

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
calgary-eagle said:
Did you use an immigration consultant? You don't need to fill up the "Use of Representative" form if its just you and your mother filling and sending your own documents. Anyone thinks otherwise? I know I didn't send that form since I didn't use any help.
We did fill up Use of Representative as my dad is the principal applicant and CIC won't give me any information on his file unless he declares me as his representative. This way whether he is in Canada or not, I can have full control of the application process. I have done the same while I filed his Super Visa.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
calgary-eagle said:
It is a good idea to add yourself as a sponsor to the "use of representative" form if you want information as a sponsor on the progress of the application.

If you don't fill it out, only the applicant will be given information on their progress. CIC will not give any information to the sponsor for privacy concerns. Don't assume that because you are a sponsor, you will get information on the application process. You will be shutout of the inquiries to call centres once the DM is made to the sponsor side of the application.

Screech339

calgary-eagle

Dec 18, 2013
You guys make a good point. I struggled with mailing addresses for a while in the forms, before I decided to use my dad's address (principal applicant) in the generic form and mine (the sponsor) in the application to sponsor form. I imagine CIC will contact me for the first step: determining sponsor eligibility. and then they'll deal directly with my dad for the second step e.g medical forms, police certificate etc. right?

tameez1985

Nov 11, 2012
I am having some problems with using my credit card for CIC fee payment. I am opting to go for the certified check route. Do I still need to include IMM5401 form as mentioned somewhere before in this thread. I am pretty sure I don't but I still wanted to confirm.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
calgary-eagle said:
You guys make a good point. I struggled with mailing addresses for a while in the forms, before I decided to use my dad's address (principal applicant) in the generic form and mine (the sponsor) in the application to sponsor form. I imagine CIC will contact me for the first step: determining sponsor eligibility. and then they'll deal directly with my dad for the second step e.g medical forms, police certificate etc. right?
You are correct. I had this issue with my wife's PR sponsorship. Because I am not on the use of representative despite me being the sponsor and financially responsible for her for 3 years, CIC refuses to discuss my wife's PR progress with me over the phone since the first stage of the PR was completed. Had I known this, I would have submitted the "representative form" with my name in it with the application.

What if you had a spouse or parent that doesn't speak a word of english or french. Then you're screwed until the representative form is filled with your name in it is sent in.

Screech339

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you need to submit IMM5770 no matter how you pay.

tameez1985 said:
I am having some problems with using my credit card for CIC fee payment. I am opting to go for the certified check route. Do I still need to include IMM5401 form as mentioned somewhere before in this thread. I am pretty sure I don't but I still wanted to confirm.