+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsorship of non-PR child of residents who have not made 730 days

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have been given advice to hold off on sponsorship. In your last post, you say you are planning to follow this advice, then ask if a letter from your employer would help? The answer is no. You do not meet the RO and a letter from your employer can not change that. Either you apply to sponsor your child and meet the consequences which is a possible investigation into your PR, being reported and possibly losing your PR status or you take the advice given and hold off on sponsorship. It is really up to you which you do. You have been informed of the possible consequences so it is up to you now to make your decision accordingly.

In order for a 3rd party to travel with a child, the parents permission is needed. If your daughter gets a TRP and is brought over by a friend, the friend should not have a problem if he has a letter from you allowing him to travel with your child. You should however be reachable by phone when he enters Canada in case he has a problem and needs to contact you.

You may want to send your friend a copy of the childs birth certificate as well listing you as the parents so immigration can easily verify that the letter is from you. If somebody had kidnapped a child and faked such a letter, they would likely not have a copy of the childs birth certificate so that could be a good sign for immigration that everything is ok.

Rustamjan

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Dear experts,

I have a question regarding TRP application. Can TRP be applied online ?

I have contracted an immigration consultant who says that it is most probably that the TRP application should be applied in hard copy (paper) to the the Embassy of Canada covering my home country. In my case it is Moscow visa post and as per my immigration consultant we would have to send all hard copies to my home country and from there my relatives will have to deliver the package to IOM (International Organization for Migration) which further deliver to Moscow visa post. The reason I am asking you dear experts, I doubt that this is the case and online application of TRP is not feasible. Please help me with this issue.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Per the CIC web site:

How to apply

If you are a citizen of a visa-exempt country, the visa office responsible for your country or region may have its own application form for temporary resident permits. You should check the visa office to find out about its specific application procedures.

Otherwise, you should submit an application for a temporary resident visa along with supporting documents to explain why you are inadmissible and why it may be justified for you to enter Canada.

Note: You may have to attend an interview so that an officer can assess your application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/permits.asp

Rustamjan

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Dear Scylla,

Thanks for the information about TRP. My non-PR child born outside of Canada have been rejected for TRV and therefore I am planning to apply for TRP as per the advise from experts here in the forum. All family members (my wife, 2 kids and myself) are PRs, third child born outside of Canada was rejected a TRV when we were in our home country. In January of this year we left our non-PR child in the home country and returned to Canada. We have not initiated sponsorship because of not meeting RO, therefore we were advised to apply for TRP. I have read about inadmissibility and was wondering if TRP would work for my daughter.

Thanks

Rustamjan

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
Unfortunately I was not able to info about TRP application in CIC website. I mean can I apply it online or should be applied in hard copy.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Rustamjan said:
Unfortunately I was not able to info about TRP application in CIC website. I mean can I apply it online or should be applied in hard copy.

Thanks
I've already provided you with the information you need above to apply for a TRP. I'm not sure what you are still looking for and I can't be of any further help than I already have been. I'll quote it here again:

If you are a citizen of a visa-exempt country, the visa office responsible for your country or region may have its own application form for temporary resident permits. You should check the visa office to find out about its specific application procedures.

Otherwise, you should submit an application for a temporary resident visa along with supporting documents to explain why you are inadmissible and why it may be justified for you to enter Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/permits.asp