+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship - Marriage question help!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thart said:
hi everyone! I have the same question here. just a little twist of situation. My 3 years long time boyfriend already landed here in Canada as a new immigrant few months ago under the FSW. We have been having this long distance relationship for almost more than a year now since the time I also arrived here in Canada before him but came here under working visa. Though we're both here in Canada he's in Scarborough,Ontario and I am in Montreal, Quebec. so a little far from each other still. We've been planning to get married ever since we were both in our country but due to this situation we have to suspend it. So now, since we're both here, we are planning to get married by next year and move in there with him. Here are some of my concerns regarding this spousal sponsorship. If we get married here, should we apply for the married application thing or conjugal or common-law-partner? what is the best way to apply for spousal sponsorship so we could be together again, since I am still working here in Montreal and i need to finish the 2 yrs. before applying for PR on my own without him needed to sponsor me but for sure it's gonna took us a long time to become together if we wait for that to happen.how long would you think it's going to take in processing our papers? what are the things we need to consider when we apply for spousal sponsorship? Please Please answer my concern regarding this. thanks so much for the answers and would really appreciate it alot!
If you are going to get married, get married and apply as spouse this means you dont have to provided proof of living together for 1 year or maintaining a 1 year conjugal relationship especially since you are both in Canada and free to marry, you do have to provide details that your relationship is genuine and ongoing, so proof of contact, trips outings etc

thart

Nov 29, 2010
Kedeisha said:
If you are going to get married, get married and apply as spouse this means you dont have to provided proof of living together for 1 year or maintaining a 1 year conjugal relationship especially since you are both in Canada and free to marry, you do have to provide details that your relationship is genuine and ongoing, so proof of contact, trips outings etc
thanks kedeisha for the informative answer.one more thing, if ever we got married and apply for the spousal sponsorship, does that mean I don't have to finish my contract for 2 years before applying for PR on my own? or should I still finish it while waiting for the ongoing processing of my papers?Is it ok to apply spousal sponsorship while far from each other(him being in scarborough and me here in Montreal)?or we need to be together while processing the papers. thanks so much for all the answers.