+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*****Sponsorship Inland questionS*****Help!

ticainland

Jun 5, 2019
Hi everybody!

Sorry in advance if this thread was ready solve but I didn't fin anything like this. I would appreciate any advice or orientation.

My husband is Canadian citizenship by birth. I'm applying as her spouse through the Sponsorship in land (Canada Class). I submitted my application on June 6th, 2019 and was received on June 7th, 2019 (still waiting). I know that through that category you SHOULD NOT leave Canada.

Now, my husband will have to leave the country in September for the matter of work but only for 5 days. And here are my questions:

1. Does he (as the sponsor) could leave the country for 5 days and come back without any issues?
2. Since he is leaving for work, could I accompanying him or that would risk application?
3. I came on April 29th and my visitor visa will expire on October 29. Should I apply for an extension?
4. If everything goes ok, I should receive the OWP before September:
a. Does that allow me to go with him and come back?
b. Should I still apply for an extension of my visitor visa?
3. Is there any way to check my paper application online? or it is too early to do that? I was expecting an email.

Thank you very much guys!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everybody!

Sorry in advance if this thread was ready solve but I didn't fin anything like this. I would appreciate any advice or orientation.

My husband is Canadian citizenship by birth. I'm applying as her spouse through the Sponsorship in land (Canada Class). I submitted my application on June 6th, 2019 and was received on June 7th, 2019 (still waiting). I know that through that category you SHOULD NOT leave Canada.

Now, my husband will have to leave the country in September for the matter of work but only for 5 days. And here are my questions:

1. Does he (as the sponsor) could leave the country for 5 days and come back without any issues?
2. Since he is leaving for work, could I accompanying him or that would risk application?
3. I came on April 29th and my visitor visa will expire on October 29. Should I apply for an extension?
4. If everything goes ok, I should receive the OWP before September:
a. Does that allow me to go with him and come back?
b. Should I still apply for an extension of my visitor visa?
3. Is there any way to check my paper application online? or it is too early to do that? I was expecting an email.

Thank you very much guys!!!
1. Yes - he's fine to leave the country.
2. You should avoid leaving since there's never a guarantee you'll be allowed back in.
3. No - no need to apply for an extension. The OWP application gives you implied status.
4. a) See answer to #2. OWP doesn't guarantee re-entry. Best not to leave unless you absolutely have to.
4. b) No - no need.
5. Too early.

Alisha2019

Jun 15, 2019
Hi ticainland,
I'm also applying through the spouse sponsorship inland class. I'm in the final stages of filling out my application and I was hoping you could maybe help me with 2 questions:
1. Regarding the open work permit application document checklist: The Checklist is quite long, but from what i understand all i have to submit is the application form, proof of payment and photocopies of my passport. Is that true?

2.) I have to proof my status as visitor in canada, but I didn't get a stamp in my passport when I last entered Canada. Did you or anyone else have the same problem? how did you solve it?

ticainland

Jun 5, 2019
Hi ticainland,
I'm also applying through the spouse sponsorship inland class. I'm in the final stages of filling out my application and I was hoping you could maybe help me with 2 questions:
1. Regarding the open work permit application document checklist: The Checklist is quite long, but from what i understand all i have to submit is the application form, proof of payment and photocopies of my passport. Is that true?

2.) I have to proof my status as visitor in canada, but I didn't get a stamp in my passport when I last entered Canada. Did you or anyone else have the same problem? how did you solve it?

Hi there!
1. I also submitted my Marriage certificate.
2. Yes, they didn't my Passport as well, but that is not a problem because they have all of your records.
What is your Province? - I did ask for my travel history for being able to apply for the Health System thorough my husband. The Registry doesn't have that information so, you will have to ask for it in order to show your last entry to Canada

Alisha2019

Jun 15, 2019
Hi, thank you for you help.
I had no idea you could ask for your travel history, where do you get that from? And did you write an explanation about not getting a stamp and submitted that?
I didn't realize I could get canadian healthcare while I wait for pr, I actually took out travel health insurance for a year to cover me during the processing time... I'm in Alberta btw.