+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPONSORSHIP INLAND BEFORE DEC 7, 2016

brizzha

Feb 6, 2018
Hello Everyone!!

Did any of you applied to become a PR by the end of 2016??
My husband is sponsoring me. Our application was received on December 2nd, 2016.

I think Immigration has moved on to complete applications received after December 7th, 2016 because they promise that they would finish in 12 months. Which is really unfair.

Mine is now stuck in the 26 month period.
I have sent my medical results and my police certificate already... My medical results were successful and they are still processing my background check (they have been on that for almost a year).

Is anyone in a similar situation?? O someone knows what is next?

Thanks

Prelude

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 17, 2015
AOR Received.
November 6, 2015
Med's Request
Done Upfront
Med's Done....
July 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: March 22, 2016 / Rec'd COPR: Mar 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 25, 2016!
I'm not sure... I know that inland applications (especially back around that time) had quite long processing times. My brother's wife from the US applied inland a few years ago, and hers definitely took 2+ years, though I know there was some kind of issue they had to resolve with her application situation. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

brizzha

Feb 6, 2018
I'm not sure... I know that inland applications (especially back around that time) had quite long processing times. My brother's wife from the US applied inland a few years ago, and hers definitely took 2+ years, though I know there was some kind of issue they had to resolve with her application situation. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Thank you for your answer!

Tipsywit63

Mar 27, 2018
Montréal
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
Med's Request
14-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Hello Everyone!!

Did any of you applied to become a PR by the end of 2016??
My husband is sponsoring me. Our application was received on December 2nd, 2016.

I think Immigration has moved on to complete applications received after December 7th, 2016 because they promise that they would finish in 12 months. Which is really unfair.

Mine is now stuck in the 26 month period.
I have sent my medical results and my police certificate already... My medical results were successful and they are still processing my background check (they have been on that for almost a year).

Is anyone in a similar situation?? O someone knows what is next?

Thanks
Hi, I am in the same situation as you!

Here is my timeline really quick (I am being sponsored inland as an American):
App Received - Dec 5, 2016
AOR - Jan 13, 2017
OWP - Aug 11, 2017
Med Request - Nov 14, 2017

I am also becoming frustrated waiting, just because I happened to be unlucky enough to submit 2 days prior to the changes of Dec 7, 2016. Though I promise I am happy for those who have submitted in 2017 who are slowly getting decisions made on their application now! Technically, we have a wait of 26 months that was in effect when we submitted our application, so that is still officially our wait time. But I don't think we will need to wait the full 26 months to have a decision made. As I understand it, with the influx of refugee claimants from the US, the backlog for background checks has swelled which has slowed down the process for everyone, not just us. I also read somewhere the government has been hiring to increase their capacity--both to respect their 12 month processing goal for spousal sponsorship but also to deal with current and future refugee claimants crossing the border from the US.

There has been some good signs recently. For weeks, when calling CIC for a status update, the automated voice said they were not processing any applications received after November 21, 2016. Less than one month ago, the message was updated to say that they are not processing applications received after April 3, 2017. It's possible they are focusing on the 2017 applications to try to hold true to their 12 month processing time, but this gives me hope that they will try address the "black hole" of apps received between November 21 and December 7 very, very soon, since they just recently opened up these applications for processing.

brizzha

Feb 6, 2018
Hi, I am in the same situation as you!

Here is my timeline really quick (I am being sponsored inland as an American):
App Received - Dec 5, 2016
AOR - Jan 13, 2017
OWP - Aug 11, 2017
Med Request - Nov 14, 2017

I am also becoming frustrated waiting, just because I happened to be unlucky enough to submit 2 days prior to the changes of Dec 7, 2016. Though I promise I am happy for those who have submitted in 2017 who are slowly getting decisions made on their application now! Technically, we have a wait of 26 months that was in effect when we submitted our application, so that is still officially our wait time. But I don't think we will need to wait the full 26 months to have a decision made. As I understand it, with the influx of refugee claimants from the US, the backlog for background checks has swelled which has slowed down the process for everyone, not just us. I also read somewhere the government has been hiring to increase their capacity--both to respect their 12 month processing goal for spousal sponsorship but also to deal with current and future refugee claimants crossing the border from the US.

There has been some good signs recently. For weeks, when calling CIC for a status update, the automated voice said they were not processing any applications received after November 21, 2016. Less than one month ago, the message was updated to say that they are not processing applications received after April 3, 2017. It's possible they are focusing on the 2017 applications to try to hold true to their 12 month processing time, but this gives me hope that they will try address the "black hole" of apps received between November 21 and December 7 very, very soon, since they just recently opened up these applications for processing.
Hello!

Do you have any good news?? Or news at all??
They just requested a new police certificate so, I am still waiting! Almost 2 years!! People are shocked when I tell them.

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017
I am in a similar timeline as well. Applied on December 2nd 2016. 'Permanent Residence Application Status' inside ECAS turned to 'in process' from 'application received' on April 25th 2018. The last time, I spoke with a call centre official, he told me that the background check is causing the delay and that I should hear back by end of September 2018. Apparently CIC has a set timeline within which they should ideally finish the last background check. Between September and April, I am assuming that this timeline is 5 months.

Is someone else waiting more than 5 months for a DM since their 'Permanent Residence Application Status' turned to 'in process'?