+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship Imm5532 question 7 confusion. Please help!

a62520

Apr 3, 2020
Hi guys, I am having confusion with Imm 5532 question 7, the part that asks: "Date they met sponsor or principal applicant"

Does it mean it has to be met face to face?

In my case, both my wife and myself's parents are in China, we meet each other's parent through video chat, but we never get a chance to go to China and visit each other's parents because we never get a chance to break from work during the relationship.

While filling out this question, we were just going to fill out a list of friend's name, but it would be weird if our parents are not in the list, so guys, please help me with this question! <3

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys, I am having confusion with Imm 5532 question 7, the part that asks: "Date they met sponsor or principal applicant"

Does it mean it has to be met face to face?

In my case, both my wife and myself's parents are in China, we meet each other's parent through video chat, but we never get a chance to go to China and visit each other's parents because we never get a chance to break from work during the relationship.

While filling out this question, we were just going to fill out a list of friend's name, but it would be weird if our parents are not in the list, so guys, please help me with this question! <3
Just put the video chat date and explain on a separate sheet.

Reactions: takitfree