+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPONSORSHIP HELP (Income)

DulceLayla

Jan 13, 2011
brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there,

My name is Katie and I just got married a few months ago and I am trying to help my husband with his papers.
So here is my problem:

I was on welfare from May 2011 until Jan 2012. I did a security course that lasted for 2 or 3 month I believe... I got my license and I started working on Jan 12th 2012 but now my work got slow and the hours started to drop and now I find myself without a job.
I have been looking for jobs but I got ill (liver problems)... I am still looking but my husband is the only one working right now....
When I was filling out the form to send them out to immigration I saw a form about our income.
Since the person to be sponsored is the only one working could our application still valid? We could combined our income but the whole money is coming from him not me.
What should I do in this case? I am almost 3 month pregnant btw...

Any help will be amazingly appreciated....

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DulceLayla said:
Hello there,

My name is Katie and I just got married a few months ago and I am trying to help my husband with his papers.
So here is my problem:

I was on welfare from May 2011 until Jan 2012. I did a security course that lasted for 2 or 3 month I believe... I got my license and I started working on Jan 12th 2012 but now my work got slow and the hours started to drop and now I find myself without a job.
I have been looking for jobs but I got ill (liver problems)... I am still looking but my husband is the only one working right now....
When I was filling out the form to send them out to immigration I saw a form about our income.
Since the person to be sponsored is the only one working could our application still valid? We could combined our income but the whole money is coming from him not me.
What should I do in this case? I am almost 3 month pregnant btw...

Any help will be amazingly appreciated....
if there are no dependents, there is no minimum income

DulceLayla

Jan 13, 2011
brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So how should I fill out that form then?
Should I put how much he makes a year? I thought the sponsor should support the person to be sponsored.
How does that work?

I am very confuse..

thank you!

here4ali

Mar 29, 2012
Simply answer all the questions about your income whether it is low or currently nothing. They also require last years tax assessment. If your income is low right now due to illness then simply write them a letter explaining everything. The more you explain the better for them, BUT do not worry at all about your income being low or whatever the situation may be BECAUSE there is NO MINIMUM requirement for spouse sponsorship and ALL immigration lawyers and CIC agents will tell you the same thing. Just fill in the blanks exact and also write a letter explaining the circumstances. Yes, the sponsor is suppose to support and be responsible for their spouse. If your circumstances are that with your income you are able to support yourself and your husband then don't worry. You can talk about his money saved, but of course when he moves here the income he is making now will stop until he gets a job here so the income he makes now is irrelevant, but money he has saved can help them to also see he is a good worker and good to save money and if you show proof of him sending you some money during your work lost this will also show he is helping you and that he can easily get a job here when he arrives.
Hope you feel better, but as far as the papers go just fill in the blanks correctly and give them letters of explanation for any questions that you want them to understand more clearly. Like a doctors note would help as well and also they ask for last years income to show that yes you do work and can when you are healthy and remember there is no minimum amount of income required to sponsor your husband. I know it sounds crazy because they ask for everything concerning your income and you are wondering why, but this is just standard procedure because everyone's situation is different and it also depends if you have children or are sponsoring children AND your husband, but just for sponsoring your spouse there is no minimum amount.
Best of Luck with everything

DulceLayla

Jan 13, 2011
brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am so glad to hear that we still are able to apply.

An additional info:
My husband has been living in Canada for the past 3 years. He had a case with immigration to become a protected refugee but last Nov he got a later saying that his case got refuse.
We do not know what is is status in Canada since they have not ask him to leave yet.
I do not know what is going on that is why I am trying to send this documents ASAP just in case...
I am 21 years old from Dom.Rep. I move here when I was 16 years old.
On 2011 I was family probs and I had not choice but to live on my own supported by the government. I was on welfare for almost 8 month I think.
I just hope we do not get his papers decline like his refugee claim.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DulceLayla said:
I am so glad to hear that we still are able to apply.

An additional info:
My husband has been living in Canada for the past 3 years. He had a case with immigration to become a protected refugee but last Nov he got a later saying that his case got refuse.
We do not know what is is status in Canada since they have not ask him to leave yet.
I do not know what is going on that is why I am trying to send this documents ASAP just in case...
I am 21 years old from Dom.Rep. I move here when I was 16 years old.
On 2011 I was family probs and I had not choice but to live on my own supported by the government. I was on welfare for almost 8 month I think.
I just hope we do not get his papers decline like his refugee claim.
Do not worry just apply evenif your income is not sufficient, they do not care about min. income if you are sponsoring just your spouse. They understand your spouse can work. If you wish to add things that he works that is fine but if you do not it won't make a difference.

Good luck

titejulie0

Apr 10, 2012
Thanks everybody for all those post. It's no nice to know that income are not SO important.. I've been living in Mexico for a years and income are not so high let say!

Happy to know that I'll be able to sponsor my Husband anyway!