+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship from Islambad

Hii

Oct 24, 2013
Hi everyone,

I start my sponsorship in 2011 and since then am waiting, I'm sick of waiting :mad: :mad: , I dont know why it is taking this long , its been almost 3 years and im not the only one who waited this long , i read many posts and some even waited longer , Spousal Sponsorship is in priority category and still every years the waiting time goes up and up ,once the file transferred to Islamabad seems like immigration in Canada does not care anymore, I called CIC many times and all they said "YOUR FILE IS IN ISLAMABAD AND WE CANT NOT HELP YOU " Can someone plz tell me once it is transferred, is that means Islamabad embassy is taking care of files or is it still CANADIAN EMBASSY in Islamabad. We all should do something about it ,The waiting is damaging many relationships.This waiting is effecting health, many couples are getting depression. Lets do something. I will Create Facebook account and we all can post and share the problems that can cause us from this waiting ... "hellojii123@hotmail.com" this is the email. I dont know what elsa to write here , but maybe this can help us , not only us but also the future files that goes to Islamabad and takes forever to be processed....

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Sorry to hear of your long wait. I think many of us can related to your frustrations. Unfortunately once the application is transferred to the local visa office, the call centre is almost useless since they have no visibility to your file anymore and we cannot call the local office for updates. This is something that frustrates us all.

As for a support group, many use this forum just for that. I know this forum and others like it have been helpful in getting me through this process. You have been waiting much longer, I hope you get resolution soon.

Hii

Oct 24, 2013
keesio said:
Sorry to hear of your long wait. I think many of us can related to your frustrations. Unfortunately once the application is transferred to the local visa office, the call centre is almost useless since they have no visibility to your file anymore and we cannot call the local office for updates. This is something that frustrates us all.

As for a support group, many use this forum just for that. I know this forum and others like it have been helpful in getting me through this process. You have been waiting much longer, I hope you get resolution soon.
Hello, I tried many offices , my local MP, immigration ministers office and other immigration office, all they said to wait they can not help me becoz the file is in Islamabad, If immigration ministers office tells me that they cannot do anything, then i don't know what should i do, Immgartion office is there to help us not to tell us that they cannot do anything and if they cannot help us then why they are there, this is effecting my health , waiting waiting , and when i called Islamabad woooooooooooow they wont even talk to you. :mad: :mad:.

M

mikeymyke

Why should this be affecting your health? You can go visit your spouse any time.

Hii

Oct 24, 2013
mikeymyke said:
Why should this be affecting your health? You can go visit your spouse any time.
In past 3 years i was with him most of the time, i came bk and fort almost 10 times , i sent the same supporting doc almost 8 times to Islamabad , I cant start work coz i wan be with him and once u start working then u cant just go bk and fort, I want to start my life, its been 3 years , how much time do they need to review the file , my file was suppose to be reviewed in April and i dont even know if they will approve the file , so waiting all this time and then get a rejection letter or again missing documents letter , this is too much , med and police clearance is already expired so we have to do that again :-[. Im soooo worried , all my mind is in this sponsorship am depress :mad:. you might be thinking what is wrong with me but this waiting thing is killing me :'(

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
mikeymyke said:
This is so rude. People work and can not just take all the time off they want, plus there is the cost of travelling. These people are not complaining about a couple months. They have been waiting YEARS!!

I hope your file is at a very slow VO and takes years to complete.

To the original poster and the other person waiting such a long time, I am so sorry for you. My heart aches for you. And I wish it was not this way. I absolutely do think the waiting, and stress of the unknown can play a part in health issues. I pray for you to have a quick positive DM.

M

mikeymyke

Becki567 said:
This is so rude. People work and can not just take all the time off they want, plus there is the cost of travelling. These people are not complaining about a couple months. They have been waiting YEARS!!

To the original poster and the other person waiting such a long time, I am so sorry for you. My heart aches for you. And I wish it was not this way. I absolutely do think the waiting, and stress of the unknown can play a part in health issues. I pray for you to have a quick positive DM.
First of all, you dont' need to hope, as the Singapore VO office is long (28 months), shorter than Pakistan (31 months), but both long nonetheless.
Secondly, labor laws allow you to have at least 2 weeks paid vacation every year and most employers are more than willing to give you more time if you ask (albeit it's unpaid , but better than nothing). If you explain your circumstances, that you are visiting your spouse which you haven't seen in months, they're more than willing to give it to you, otherwise, such a cold-hearted employer shouldn't be one you should be working for anyway. I work as an electrician, whose workers are extremely hard to find, and they desperately need more such workers, but I was successful in asking for 2 months in each of the past 2 years, and I was successful asking for another 2 months again. They really needed me to work, but I just explained my circumstnaces, also I demonstrated I was a very good worker, with great attendance, no sick days, they were more than happy to give me the time off. Bear in mind, asking for 2 months off a year, is a hard sell, but I was successful because I was a good worker and my reason was to visit my fiance whom I haven't seen in a year. If I asked 2 months because I wanted to go to Hawaii and relax on a beach, they'd tell me to get bent. And you know what? Even if they refused to give me the time off, I'd say "bye bye" and go join another company who will give me the time off. My fiance (soon to be wife) is way more important than any job.

As for my PR application, I haven't filed my PR yet for my fiance, we will do that after we marry in Dec, then we will file in February. We both don't really care either way, whether she's refused or not, I'm more than willing to live in her country (Vietnam) with her, and she doesn't really care for living in Canada or not, she has lived in the US for a year studying and wasn't too crazy about it. Yes the VO office will be Singapore, which is a very long processing time, but you won't see me lose sleep or starve myself just because the processing times are long. We both even agreed, she should not even try for a TRV because the risks of a rejection are not worth it.

You know what I'm doing now? I was working 2 jobs just to save up for our wedding in Dec. I don't want to be apart from her, but at the same time, it is what it is, we have to wait many months, so to make the most of it, I should be visiting her often. My salary was not very high during the past 2 times I visited her, because I was an apprentice electrician, 1st to 2nd year, but I didn't complain, I just simply worked a second job to save up to go visit her (I stayed 2 months each time). Yes it was expensive, because I had to pay for a ticket, spending $, and also had a $1200/month mortgage on a house that I'm not even staying in for 2 months, and guess what? I did all that on a 2nd year apprentice salary ($20/hr) + worked 5 hours a day in evenings ($16/hr). Did that for 10 months 2 years ago, and I'm doing it for another 10 months again for our wedding.

It was difficult, but if I truly loved my fiance, I would do all in my power to see her. If you're really serious about your spouse, and since you can't do anything about the processing times, you have no choice but to go visit him/her, and if it's too expensive, that's too bad, cuz you have many options. Work 2 jobs (which is what I did), find a higher salary job, move to a lower rent accommodation (I chose the hard way by staying in a $1200/month house, but you don't see me complaining).

Vietnam and Pakistan, notice why they have long processing times? Because those countries, as sad as it seems, have high rates of marriage fraud. It sucks past fraud applications are causing regular folks to wait so long, but so what? We can't do anything about it other than to visit our spouse often.

In my case, I feel my circumstances are worse than most people, having to spend $1200/month on a house, working 2 jobs and not having enough sleep after coming home, having to do that for almost a year, but I still was able to save up $16,000 for total expenses on this wedding trip. There's no reason why an average person couldn't save up just $5000+ expenses for a once in a year trip for visiting. Pakistanis and Vietnamese do not have the luxury of being able to afford, or even allowed to travel to Canada freely, so it's up to us Canadians to be the ones doing the travelling.

I'm not stressed at all over this, because whether she's refused or not, or whether this PR application takes a million years to finish, we're happy because we're going to be together in the end, and I will be visiting her often until her PR is accepted or refused. And the OP should feel the same as well. A real genuine relationship is one where either party is willing to live in the other's country should the PR fail. I know Canada is probably a very high preference to live in compared to most countries, but you didnt marry your spouse just so they can come with you to Canada, you married your spouse because you both love each other and want to be together.

Hii

Oct 24, 2013
Becki567 said:

Thank you so much ...It is really hard to wait years, at the first year i was fine thinking soon this will end but after second year its really getting me, specailly not knowing the results. when i gt married, i was not expecting that begining of my marriage will be like this , it is sad and i know im not alone, there are files that after 4 or 5 years are still waiting :(

M

mikeymyke

Have you ordered your GCMS notes to see why its taking so long? It could be you have red flags, or you're on an interview list.

i was not expecting that begining of my marriage will be like this
Yes but at the same time, you knew the processing time was going to be long right? It's going to be the same for me too (28 months), its ok just hang on tight, because you said you waited almost 3 years, and 31 months is almost 3 years, so you should be close to finish.

Hii

Oct 24, 2013
mikeymyke said:
First of all, you dont' need to hope, as the Singapore VO office is long (28 months), shorter than Pakistan (31 months), but both long nonetheless.
Secondly, labor laws allow you to have at least 2 weeks paid vacation every year and most employers are more than willing to give you more time if you ask (albeit it's unpaid , but better than nothing). If you explain your circumstances, that you are visiting your spouse which you haven't seen in months, they're more than willing to give it to you, otherwise, such a cold-hearted employer shouldn't be one you should be working for anyway. I work as an electrician, whose workers are extremely hard to find, and they desperately need more such workers, but I was successful in asking for 2 months in each of the past 2 years, and I was successful asking for another 2 months again. They really needed me to work, but I just explained my circumstnaces, also I demonstrated I was a very good worker, with great attendance, no sick days, they were more than happy to give me the time off. Bear in mind, asking for 2 months off a year, is a hard sell, but I was successful because I was a good worker and my reason was to visit my fiance whom I haven't seen in a year. If I asked 2 months because I wanted to go to Hawaii and relax on a beach, they'd tell me to get bent. And you know what? Even if they refused to give me the time off, I'd say "bye bye" and go join another company who will give me the time off. My fiance (soon to be wife) is way more important than any job.

As for my PR application, I haven't filed my PR yet for my fiance, we will do that after we marry in Dec, then we will file in February. We both don't really care either way, whether she's refused or not, I'm more than willing to live in her country (Vietnam) with her, and she doesn't really care for living in Canada or not, she has lived in the US for a year studying and wasn't too crazy about it. Yes the VO office will be Singapore, which is a very long processing time, but you won't see me lose sleep or starve myself just because the processing times are long. We both even agreed, she should not even try for a TRV because the risks of a rejection are not worth it.

You know what I'm doing now? I was working 2 jobs just to save up for our wedding in Dec. I don't want to be apart from her, but at the same time, it is what it is, we have to wait many months, so to make the most of it, I should be visiting her often. My salary was not very high during the past 2 times I visited her, because I was an apprentice electrician, 1st to 2nd year, but I didn't complain, I just simply worked a second job to save up to go visit her (I stayed 2 months each time). Yes it was expensive, because I had to pay for a ticket, spending $, and also had a $1200/month mortgage on a house that I'm not even staying in for 2 months, and guess what? I did all that on a 2nd year apprentice salary ($20/hr) + worked 5 hours a day in evenings ($16/hr). Did that for 10 months 2 years ago, and I'm doing it for another 10 months again for our wedding.

It was difficult, but if I truly loved my fiance, I would do all in my power to see her. If you're really serious about your spouse, and since you can't do anything about the processing times, you have no choice but to go visit him/her, and if it's too expensive, that's too bad, cuz you have many options. Work 2 jobs (which is what I did), find a higher salary job, move to a lower rent accommodation (I chose the hard way by staying in a $1200/month house, but you don't see me complaining).

Vietnam and Pakistan, notice why they have long processing times? Because those countries, as sad as it seems, have high rates of marriage fraud. It sucks past fraud applications are causing regular folks to wait so long, but so what? We can't do anything about it other than to visit our spouse often.

In my case, I feel my circumstances are worse than most people, having to spend $1200/month on a house, working 2 jobs and not having enough sleep after coming home, having to do that for almost a year, but I still was able to save up $16,000 for total expenses on this wedding trip. There's no reason why an average person couldn't save up just $5000+ expenses for a once in a year trip for visiting. Pakistanis and Vietnamese do not have the luxury of being able to afford, or even allowed to travel to Canada freely, so it's up to us Canadians to be the ones doing the travelling.

I'm not stressed at all over this, because whether she's refused or not, or whether this PR application takes a million years to finish, we're happy because we're going to be together in the end, and I will be visiting her often until her PR is accepted or refused. And the OP should feel the same as well. A real genuine relationship is one where either party is willing to live in the other's country should the PR fail. I know Canada is probably a very high preference to live in compared to most countries, but you didnt marry your spouse just so they can come with you to Canada, you married your spouse because you both love each other and want to be together.
sometime its not that easy , i visited my husband 8 times and every time the fair was 1800$ plus other expense , but as u said money is not important than relationship which is soo true , i left 2 jobs so far in 3 years just to be with my husband.

Hii

Oct 24, 2013
mikeymyke said:
Have you ordered your GCMS notes to see why its taking so long? It could be you have red flags, or you're on an interview list.

Yes but at the same time, you knew the processing time was going to be long right? It's going to be the same for me too (28 months), its ok just hang on tight, because you said you waited almost 3 years, and 31 months is almost 3 years, so you should be close to finish.
yes i did ordered GCMS notes but haven't received anything yet.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Mikeymyke's post may seem harsh, but it is also very true. I have had my disagreement with him lol but he's straight to the point which is something really refreshing in our society and on this forum. Me and my husband are already making other plans in case my husband's file doesn't get approved or if it takes more than 1 year to process. I save every dollar I can to be able to travel to see my husband as often as I can, I also took unpaid time off work on the condition that I would be available and work during my unpaid leave (yes I worked and was not paid, but it was the only way I could see my husband, it was worth it). As for other plans, I already prepared my resume "CV" for jobs in Europe and for UAE, Europe would be easier for me to find employment as I hold an EU passport, but on the other hand in UAE my salary would be more comparable to what I have in Canada, in both of these scenarios my husband could travel with me there and have legal resident status for as long as I am there. Relocating to my husband's country (Morocco) is also an option, it would be really difficult for me to find employment there, but not impossible, plus I can start my own business venture. If you really want, anything is possible.

Question is what would you do if your spouse was not approved to come to Canada? Would you move to their county? Or simply give up. Something to think about before anyone takes the decision to marry someone in another country.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Hii, i know this is not easy, this wait, and especially not knowing what the outcome will be. Do not sit back and just wait, take all measures available to you and make the inquiries, call your MP, e-mail them, if you do not hear back, repeat. You are entitled to have your MP do what is possible on your behalf, after all our taxes pay their salaries.

Hii

Oct 24, 2013
jomz said:
Mikeymyke's post may seem harsh, but it is also very true. I have had my disagreement with him lol but he's straight to the point which is something really refreshing in our society and on this forum. Me and my husband are already making other plans in case my husband's file doesn't get approved or if it takes more than 1 year to process. I save every dollar I can to be able to travel to see my husband as often as I can, I also took unpaid time off work on the condition that I would be available and work during my unpaid leave (yes I worked and was not paid, but it was the only way I could see my husband, it was worth it). As for other plans, I already prepared my resume "CV" for jobs in Europe and for UAE, Europe would be easier for me to find employment as I hold an EU passport, but on the other hand in UAE my salary would be more comparable to what I have in Canada, in both of these scenarios my husband could travel with me there and have legal resident status for as long as I am there. Relocating to my husband's country (Morocco) is also an option, it would be really difficult for me to find employment there, but not impossible, plus I can start my own business venture. If you really want, anything is possible.

Question is what would you do if your spouse was not approved to come to Canada? Would you move to their county? Or simply give up. Something to think about before anyone takes the decision to marry someone in another country.
I will never give up, and i will for sure move there.I already somehow prepared myself if i get rejection letter but still waiting this long hurts. I know Mikeymyke's post was little harsh but it really doesn't bothered me coz he might not know how would someone feels waited that long. At the 1st year pretty much every1 feels ok coz by the time u get the 1st stage approval and then immigration sents ur file overseas it usually takes about a year but after that waiting and not knowing what is going on with the file really does hurt.:(

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Inchallah you will get some news soon, I understand you hurt, I hope you have good friends and family here to talk to, sometimes its just good to say things out loud. If you can, try to sign up for some night classes, for anything really, language courses, or art classes, really anything to fill your time to help cope.