+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship Evaluation

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
I'm looking through the CIC sponsorship guidelines in the Sponsorship Evaluation section. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900E4.asp) I don't know if they just haven't updated this part yet or they messed up but this part of the guideline has nothing to do with Sponsorship evaluation so I am looking to get some answers from you guys!

Number of family members and persons included in undertakings in effect and not yet in effect.

Yourself - 1

A) Current undertaking - Number of persons included in box#3 of Generic Application Form of Canada.

- If it's just my spouse then it's 1 right. Because in the Generic form question 3 it says how many family members, including you, are in this application. And since the Generic form is for the principal applicant it is 1 right? So for the part of 'Previous undertakings' I write 0 or leave it blank? Because I've never sponsored anyone before this.

Sorry for a complicating question! If the CIC site would just fix the Sponsorship evaluation section there wouldn't be any complications :mad:

cobra

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Visa Office......
London uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
I am confused as well. for questio 3 I have put '2' as it says how many family members are included in this application and i took that to mean myself and my husband? is that wrong? They don't make it easy for us do they!

greenish

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cobra,
I think you are talking about question 3 from the IMM0008 form (Generic Application Form for Canada). I'm pretty sure there should be a 1 in there, since it is the application for PR and it wants to know how many people are applying for permanent residency. Somewhere in the guide it talks about the case of sponsoring your spouse and in that case you should not include your spouse (the sponsor) in the PR application.

dream99,
on the sponsor evaluation form (IMM5481) 5.A) should be 1 in your case. Same reasoning as above. For question number 7 you will have a 2, since you are adding yourself.
And yes, for "previous undertakings" put a 0. They don't like blank spaces at CIC :)

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
greenish said:
Cobra,
I think you are talking about question 3 from the IMM0008 form (Generic Application Form for Canada). I'm pretty sure there should be a 1 in there, since it is the application for PR and it wants to know how many people are applying for permanent residency. Somewhere in the guide it talks about the case of sponsoring your spouse and in that case you should not include your spouse (the sponsor) in the PR application.

dream99,
on the sponsor evaluation form (IMM5481) 5.A) should be 1 in your case. Same reasoning as above. For question number 7 you will have a 2, since you are adding yourself.
And yes, for "previous undertakings" put a 0. They don't like blank spaces at CIC :)
I agree

box 4 already had 1
box 5a put 1
Box 5b-6B 0
and box 7 2
final number 2

cobra

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Visa Office......
London uk
Job Offer........