+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship+education

Dhriti

Jun 21, 2019
I have a query that I want sponsorship in Canada (I have family living there who can do so) for the purpose of studies. Could my filing of sponsorship documents be simultaneous be with my applications to the universities and what amount of fees would I be paying- at domestic rates or international rates?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a query that I want sponsorship in Canada (I have family living there who can do so) for the purpose of studies. Could my filing of sponsorship documents be simultaneous be with my applications to the universities and what amount of fees would I be paying- at domestic rates or international rates?
What family members do you have living in Canada? Only specific family members can sponsor you.

You will pay international rates until you are a permanent resident of Canada. How much these rates are will depend on the program and school. You'll need to research this information on the school web site.

Dhriti

Jun 21, 2019
Thank you!! Actually I have my uncle staying there (father's brother) who is willing to sponsor me as it will greatly reduce the fees of the universities. Since I want to apply for the September 2020 session, approximately how long will it take for me to get my PR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you!! Actually I have my uncle staying there (father's brother) who is willing to sponsor me as it will greatly reduce the fees of the universities. Since I want to apply for the September 2020 session, approximately how long will it take for me to get my PR?
Does your uncle have a wife? Does he have children? Are either of your grandparents still alive? Any other family in Canada?

Dhriti

Jun 21, 2019
1.My uncle got divorced some time back and is living separate from his wife.
2.His daughter is married and hence, doesn't stay with him.
3.My both grandparents are alive but are here in India.
4.Yes I have my maternal uncle residing there too, and he stays with his wife and child.
However, both my unvles stay in different cities. Since my paternal uncle is at present staying all alone, he wanted to call me to Canada. But my problem is the education cost there for international students in universities of Toronto like UoT and York are pretty high!! Is there a way I can get my PR soon?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1.My uncle got divorced some time back and is living separate from his wife.
2.His daughter is married and hence, doesn't stay with him.
3.My both grandparents are alive but are here in India.
4.Yes I have my maternal uncle there too but since he stays with his wife and child.
However, both my unvles stay in different cities. Since my paternal uncle is at present staying all alone, he wanted to call me to Canada. But my problem is the education cost there for international students in universities of Toronto like UoT and York are pretty high!! Is there a way I can get my PR soon?
Your uncle cannot sponsor you. He doesn't meet the requirements. To qualify your uncle would have to meet all of the requirements below:

- Have no children
- Both of his parents are deceased
- No family in Canada

However your uncle has a daughter, his parents are alive and he has other family in Canada.

Again, it's not possible for him to sponsor you for PR.

If you wish to study in Canada, you will have to come here as an international student and pay international student fees. That is the only way.