+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship Cost

beatitboss

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Hi Guys,

I will be applying to sponsor my fiancee who currently resides with me in Melbourne, Australia.

I am the citizen and she obviously isn't. Our case will be quite straightforward as we've been together for nearly 6 years now (we have all the necessary paperwork to prove it), she's in good health and she speaks both English/French. She also has a degree which means that in general our case won't be extremely complicated to process.

The only thing I was quite unsure about was the cost of the whole procedure.

Does anybody know how much does it roughly cost to get all of it done? We'll have to translate a couple of documents as we used to live in a non French/English speaking country but besides this little thing there won't be anything unusual in our situation.

Cheers,

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
The applications costs is $1040 including sponsorship fee, principle applicant fee, and Right of Permanent Residency fee.

On top of that you will have the medical exam, which will be anywhere from $150-500, depending how much it costs in your area (the range is quite large), translations will also depend what and how big the things are that you're translating. Printing photos, etc.... All adds up. If you say $2000 for budgeting purposes you will probably have some money left over at the end... It really all depends what you do win your application. But basic fees is $1040.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
tink23 got that pretty much right. It's a pretty costly process, we decided to pay half of the right of permanent residence fee, and wait for them to process it halfway through, then pay the rest just after i did my medical exam. That way it's not such a huge amount to deal with at once.