+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPONSORSHIP COMMON LAW RELATIONSHIP

Hayley92

Jan 22, 2018
Hello I need some Serious Advice on common law Sponsorship
I apply for common law for my bf he from the Uk
he is inside Canada I sponsored him here he came for my bday first time ever
ok so what I would like to no is someone helped me sponsor him like my friend helped me she is now threatening to cancel his documents bc she doesn't want us to move from her apartment bc she wants money from us for rent bc she doesn't work long story short if she does cancel my stuff for god knows why would she ruin my documents with my bc if she cancels it can I re apply to sponsor my Bf again if he is or isn't in status please no Rude comments just need some supportive advice from who knows about Common law relation ship documents So please what can I do I need CLARITY AND HELPP

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Your story is confusing.

Why would you room mate be the one to cancel the sponsorship when it is YOU who is supposed to be the sponsor?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This story sounds familiar... I thought we had replied to similar story before. But it's never been clarified how/why a roommate/landlord be involved in a spousal sponsorship.

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
What does your friend have to do with your application?! She has no power to do anything concerning your application..

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello I need some Serious Advice on common law Sponsorship
I apply for common law for my bf he from the Uk
he is inside Canada I sponsored him here he came for my bday first time ever
ok so what I would like to no is someone helped me sponsor him like my friend helped me she is now threatening to cancel his documents bc she doesn't want us to move from her apartment bc she wants money from us for rent bc she doesn't work long story short if she does cancel my stuff for god knows why would she ruin my documents with my bc if she cancels it can I re apply to sponsor my Bf again if he is or isn't in status please no Rude comments just need some supportive advice from who knows about Common law relation ship documents So please what can I do I need CLARITY AND HELPP
Had you actually lived together for 1 full year with your boyfriend, before you submitted the app to sponsor him?

And if your friend "helped you" with your app, did you official declare her as your authorized representative on your application??

If you didn't declare her as such, then there is nothing to worry about she can't do anything to your app.
If you did declare her as representative, then immediately cancel her. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/change-cancel.html

Also make sure to change any passwords she may know that you use to log in to your account, so she can't do anything.

Reactions: Hayley92

Hayley92

Jan 22, 2018
This story sounds familiar... I thought we had replied to similar story before. But it's never been clarified how/why a roommate/landlord be involved in a spousal sponsorship.
Really glad your helping out others from my situation what can I do

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Really glad your helping out others from my situation what can I do
You can answer the specific questions people are asking you.
Your post and entire situation is very confusing to everyone as to what is actually happening.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
We are all trying to understand what does a "friend" play in this situation.
Did you and your bf lived together for 1 full year continuous BEFORE you submit your applicant?
Is this friend your representative?
Is she your landlord? (If you live at her place, it's normal that she asked for rent.)
Is she giving you document to proof that both of you rent from her as proof of relationship?

You need to give us some clear information before anyone can give you any advice.

Hayley92

Jan 22, 2018
What does your friend have to do with your application?! She has no power to do anything concerning your application..
She's threatening
Had you actually lived together for 1 full year with your boyfriend, before you submitted the app to sponsor him?

And if your friend "helped you" with your app, did you official declare her as your authorized representative on your application??

If you didn't declare her as such, then there is nothing to worry about she can't do anything to your app.
If you did declare her as representative, then immediately cancel her. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/change-cancel.html

Also make sure to change any passwords she may know that you use to log in to your account, so she can't do anything.
Thank u so much helped) a

Thank u very much helped so alot

Hayley92

Jan 22, 2018

Thank you uuu and is there anyway I can report my situation to someone for her threataning to take my application off

Hayley92

Jan 22, 2018
She i
We are all trying to understand what does a "friend" play in this situation.
Did you and your bf lived together for 1 full year continuous BEFORE you submit your applicant?
Is this friend your representative?
Is she your landlord? (If you live at her place, it's normal that she asked for rent.)
Is she giving you document to proof that both of you rent from her as proof of relationship?

You need to give us some clear information before anyone can give you any advice.
she is my sisters lovers friend. Right she helped do my documents like a representative right as well she isn't a landlord but she acts like one she takes money from me and her friend and she doesn't pay rent she takes people's money lives off of our money even tho she lives somewhere else and she threatens people to take off application and if she doesn't get money from us and if we move she told me she's gonna lie to immigration and say my love one is working and he not because she is so money hungry and angry and we're trying are BEST to get away from her bc she is NOOOOO Good to me and my love on including her friend she takes money from behind her back that's why we want to leave but she's making it hard for me to be happy with my love one in life bc she's controlling and very very rude i need help that's why I made this thread bc I can't keep crying every night wishing to be happy I'm doing the best I can

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
She i
she is my sisters lovers friend. Right she helped do my documents like a representative right as well she isn't a landlord but she acts like one she takes money from me and her friend and she doesn't pay rent she takes people's money lives off of our money even tho she lives somewhere else and she threatens people to take off application and if she doesn't get money from us and if we move she told me she's gonna lie to immigration and say my love one is working and he not because she is so money hungry and angry and we're trying are BEST to get away from her bc she is NOOOOO Good to me and my love on including her friend she takes money from behind her back that's why we want to leave but she's making it hard for me to be happy with my love one in life bc she's controlling and very very rude i need help that's why I made this thread bc I can't keep crying every night wishing to be happy I'm doing the best I can
No one on this forum can help you with your domestic situation.

In regards to your immigration situation, your posts are very confusing. People are trying to help but you don't seem to really be reading the responses and are not providing the necessary information.