April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
Hello Expert,

Not sure if this is the appropriate section for this topic.

I have friend who became a permanent resident under Family Class - Same-sex conjugal partner. He landed on February 2018. They have been in a long distance relationship for 7 years prior to sponsorship. To tell the story short, 6 months after his arrival to Canada, their relationship started to deteriorate as his partner started to became verbally abusive(using cruelty words etc) and last October 2018 he found out that his partner was having an affair to someone for 2 years already. after some arguments and discussion my friend came up to decision that he no longer wants to be with his partner. but his partner still want to fix the problem and rectify the mistakes. but my friend has his final decision that he no longer wants to be with his partner and move.

Lately his partner told him that he will report to the immigration that my friend just used his partner just to acquired permanent residency.

Do you think it's a ground for misrepresentation?

Thanks for the comments in advance.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hello Expert,

Not sure if this is the appropriate section for this topic.

I have friend who became a permanent resident under Family Class - Same-sex conjugal partner. He landed on February 2018. They have been in a long distance relationship for 7 years prior to sponsorship. To tell the story short, 6 months after his arrival to Canada, their relationship started to deteriorate as his partner started to became verbally abusive(using cruelty words etc) and last October 2018 he found out that his partner was having an affair to someone for 2 years already. after some arguments and discussion my friend came up to decision that he no longer wants to be with his partner. but his partner still want to fix the problem and rectify the mistakes. but my friend has his final decision that he no longer wants to be with his partner and move.

Lately his partner told him that he will report to the immigration that my friend just used his partner just to acquired permanent residency.

Do you think it's a ground for misrepresentation?

Thanks for the comments in advance.
No there is no grounds for misrepresentation if the relationship is genuine. Your friend's partner can report him alleging that your friend used him for PR status but it will be unto CSBA and IRCC decision to investigate him or not. If there is no evidence of such allegations, then your friend is fine.