+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship application returned...

mjustind

Jun 13, 2017
Let me explain my situation (I am a Canadian citizen)...

My common law partner has been here since 2011, first on a study permit, then a post graduate open work permit. Her OWP was set to expire at the end of May. We submitted our application for spousal sponsorship along with an application for an OWP for her (through an immigration consultant) in early April. We just found out from our consultant that our ENTIRE application was returned because one of the forms was missing her parents address in China.

It is my understanding that we now have to completely reapply. Problem is now when we sign and submit our documents, they are going to be dated AFTER the expiration date of her work permit. Very, very unfortunate and she had to quit her job today since she no longer has a work permit. Anyway, my questions are many but essentially is boils down to does anyone have any advice on what to do next? Are we allowed to resubmit our application for PR even though her immigration status has expired? Do we have a valid case for getting her status restored (e.g. is an officer going to believe she will leave the country when she is in a common law relationship and has a PR application in process)

I know you may think these are questions for our immigration consultant, but after this error that was made I am not sure I fully trust them anymore. But first and foremost I have to understand what me and my partner have to do to make sure (1) stays in the country and then (2) can get a work permit so we can continue on with our lives.

Thank you very much!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to post your questions to the Family Sponsorship section of the forum.