+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship application RETURNED with no letter from IRCC

Hanabee

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Hi everyone
My application status was changed to RETURNED 2 months ago, and the only email I received from IRCC is the automated email saying there is a change in my application, not a letter explaining why
Once logged in the portal, I found some files are marked INCOMPLETE . Yes, I guessed these needed to be fixed something
I called IRCC and the customer service suggested me to send those fixed files by WEB form right away
However, the status has not changed until now. It has been 2 months and I never get any letter from IRCC indicated the reason of returning either

I'm so worried and I called several times but could not reach them due to high volume of calls

What should I do now? Please suggest :(

Last edited:

Tasha Pearce

Sep 7, 2022
Hi everyone
My application status was changed to RETURNED 2 months ago, and the only email I received from IRCC is the automated email saying there is a change in my application, not a letter explaining why
Once logged in the portal, I found some files are marked INCOMPLETE . Yes, I guessed these needed to be fixed something
I called IRCC and the customer service suggested me to send those fixed files by WEB form right away
However, the status has not changed until now. It has been 2 months and I never get any letter from IRCC indicated the reason of returning either

I'm so worried and I called several times but could not reach them due to high volume of calls

What should I do now? Please suggest :(
From what I see on this thread, you would need to complete/update the incomplete forms and resubmit your application. Once it's returned you would need to send it back. Ircc says they don't keep your application on file once it's returned.

Hanabee

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
From what I see on this thread, you would need to complete/update the incomplete forms and resubmit your application. Once it's returned you would need to send it back. Ircc says they don't keep your application on file once it's returned.
Thank you for your response Tasha
Yes, I must correct the and resubmit the incomplete parts. However, without a letter I really do not know what exactly need to be fixed so I just fix those by my best of understanding/guessing :( (Those marked INCOMPLTED are Explanation letter, proofs etc., not FORMS :( . So what I did is adding more info/evidences)
By the way, should I go ahead and Resubmit on the portal now? I don't know if they already received my WEB form docs

Tasha Pearce

Sep 7, 2022
Yes, I must correct the and resubmit the incomplete forms. However, without a letter I really do not know what exactly need to be fixed so I just fix those by my best of understanding/guessing :( (Those marked INCOMPLTED are Explanation letter, proofs etc., not FORMS :( . So what I did is adding more info/evidences)
By the way, should I go ahead and Resubmit on the portal now? I don't know if they already received my WEB form docs
To be honest this same thing happened to me. Unlike others who got an automated email that they will get another email explaining further, I didn't my email said just to gon there is a change to the application, and I never got a letter. The only incomplete area was consent and declaration. I signed again and rep resubmit. 3 months later it was returned again except this time I got a letter few days after that the checklist was what's missing. (Still unsure why this info wasnt given to me in the first return)Be sure to add an updated checklist as well when you resubmit
THIS IS THE EMAIL I GOT WHEN IT WAS FIRST RETURNED AND NEVER GOT A LETTER!

"Government of Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
(la version française suit la version anglaise)

This is an automated message. Do not reply to this email.

This email is to notify you that your permanent residence application xxx status has been updated on your IRCC Permanent Residence portal account.

To view your permanent residence application status, log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials.

You can access the portal using this link: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada

Tasha Pearce

Sep 7, 2022
Ye
Yes, I must correct the and resubmit the incomplete parts. However, without a letter I really do not know what exactly need to be fixed so I just fix those by my best of understanding/guessing :( (Those marked INCOMPLTED are Explanation letter, proofs etc., not FORMS :( . So what I did is adding more info/evidences)
Yes you would resubmit on the portal once ready. I am not sure what would be missing from your incomplete areas since they arent forms. Maybe someone with more expertise can advise you on this! Good luck!

Hanabee

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
To be honest this same thing happened to me. Unlike others who got an automated email that they will get another email explaining further, I didn't my email said just to gon there is a change to the application, and I never got a letter. The only incomplete area was consent and declaration. I signed again and rep resubmit. 3 months later it was returned again except this time I got a letter few days after that the checklist was what's missing. (Still unsure why this info wasnt given to me in the first return)Be sure to add an updated checklist as well when you resubmit
THIS IS THE EMAIL I GOT WHEN IT WAS FIRST RETURNED AND NEVER GOT A LETTER!

"Government of Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
(la version française suit la version anglaise)

This is an automated message. Do not reply to this email.

This email is to notify you that your permanent residence application xxx status has been updated on your IRCC Permanent Residence portal account.

To view your permanent residence application status, log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials.

You can access the portal using this link: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada
I see
This is really frustrated :(
Please share how did you resubmit, do I have to get the new forms and sign all over again? or can I just keep them the same and only replace those ''incomplete'' (since all last signature has not passed 90 days) then Submit?

Tasha Pearce

Sep 7, 2022
Since everything else was marked completed we just focused on the incompleted one. In your case i assume if any of the forms were marked incomplete you would need to redo and make sure they are the latest version of that form, fill them out and update the dates on them. Since I only had the checklist missing I only did that and resubmit. Hopefully someone else can chime in here and assist you further.

Hanabee

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Since everything else was marked completed we just focused on the incompleted one. In your case i assume if any of the forms were marked incomplete you would need to redo and make sure they are the latest version of that form, fill them out and update the dates on them. Since I only had the checklist missing I only did that and resubmit. Hopefully someone else can chime in here and assist you further.
Thank you so much Tasha!

Tasha Pearce

Sep 7, 2022
I see
This is really frustrated :(
Please share how did you resubmit, do I have to get the new forms and sign all over again? or can I just keep them the same and only replace those ''incomplete'' (since all last signature has not passed 90 days) then Submit?
Am not sure how it works with areas of proof and letter of explanation etc.

Reji.S

Apr 30, 2024
Hi Hannabee,

I'm just posting to ask if this was ever resolved and/or what happened next as I am in a very similar boat (email notice of return but no secondary email with a reason why). I came across this forum post via Google search because I'm just trying to figure out if I've made a mistake...

Because I never got the secondary email, I logged into the portal to view my application and the only thing that said INCOMPLETE as far as I saw was the Consent & Declaration (the final signature, basically) even though I could've sworn I filled that out the first time, so I just resigned it electronically (it had all my info already prefilled) and submitted the entire PR application again.

However, I'm now doubting myself...wondering if the Consent & Declaration is just automatically reset if there is something else in your application that is incomplete/incorrect, and that maybe I erred in assuming it was only the Consent & Declaration which was incomplete. I swear I didn't see anything else that appeared incomplete when I scrolled through the page. But without the secondary email telling me why my application was returned in the first place, I have no way of checking (since I resubmitted the PR app). I filled out a contact form through the proper channels to ask about this, but I'm wondering what others' experiences are.

Thank you for any insight!

singh0092

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Calgary, AB, Canada
For all having Incomplete/ Returned status and no explanation letter from CIC, just call them and explain the situation. They will send you email with the letter with in 24 hours. Also check your community mailbox if you are in Canada (at given address in file). They sent me no letter but paper copy in my mailbox.

I submitted the missing information to them via email (as the letter suggests). It's almost two months since then and application status is still RETURNED. I believe it is common to see the status not being updated. Just keep poking them with the web form every 10 days and make them update the status.

If it helps you co relate, in my case IMM 5406 was incomplete.

Last edited: