+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship application rejected due to incomplete field

MsBeat

Aug 5, 2020
My application got bounced back due to some information missing in the "Additional Family Information" (IMM 5406) . The rejection letter said I need to resubmit an application but on the other hand IRCC will accept printed copies of the documents that they are returning to me in my email together with the rejection letter except for IMM1344.

Does it mean that I just need to re-submit a brand new IMM5406 and IMM1344 (current date) together with those returned and accepted documents (previously dated and signed)?

Do I still need to pay the fees again?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My application got bounced back due to some information missing in the "Additional Family Information" (IMM 5406) . The rejection letter said I need to resubmit an application but on the other hand IRCC will accept printed copies of the documents that they are returning to me in my email together with the rejection letter except for IMM1344.

Does it mean that I just need to re-submit a brand new IMM5406 and IMM1344 (current date) together with those returned and accepted documents (previously dated and signed)?

Without knowing the exact content of the letter it's impossible for me to say for sure. You don't need to pay fees again.

Reactions: esam99

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020

Hi! When was your application recieved? Did you apply inland or outland? What was missing why it was returned? I am confused by how you worded it implied they sent back your application though email and not the physical application that you submitted?

You don't have to pay the fees again. We would be able to understand your circumstances better if you could show parts of the email on here, just remove sensitive information. If you are okay with it.

MsBeat

Aug 5, 2020
Hi! When was your application recieved? Did you apply inland or outland? What was missing why it was returned? I am confused by how you worded it implied they sent back your application though email and not the physical application that you submitted?

You don't have to pay the fees again. We would be able to understand your circumstances better if you could show parts of the email on here, just remove sensitive information. If you are okay with it.

MsBeat

Aug 5, 2020
Thank you.

The letter is written like this :

"Your original paper application will not be returned by mail. We are returning a digital copy of your incomplete application.

When you resubmit your application, if it meets the requirements for processing, it will then enter the processing queue based on the date of its re-submission.

If you resubmit an application, it must be submitted by mail. IRCC will accept printed copies of most of the documents we are returning to you in this email, with the exception of the IMM1344 - Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking for which we require a new original copy.

If you are re-submitting your application and providing printed copies of the documents enclosed, please ensure you also include a copy o f this letter."

I have a few questions:
(1) For those re-submitted amended new forms, I would think that the signing date should be the current date.
(2) For other documents which we have submitted earlier and IRCC now returned in the digital copies, I only need to print those digital copies out and there is no need to re-sign all the forms again?
(3) We are applying the outland sponsorship and I have already moved to Canada now with my child. The original application was submitted prior to my moving back to Canada, so in IMM5533, under the "Proof of relationship to Sponsor - "Are you and your spouse currently living together", I have put a "yes". So now with my relocation back to Canada, and my husband remains in the origin place and due to covid travel restriction, it made flying extremely difficult, so when I submit this IMM5533 form again, "Are you and your spouse currently living together?, should I still put a yes or no? (we have been forced to stay apart for almost 6 months)

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Thank you.

The letter is written like this :

"Your original paper application will not be returned by mail. We are returning a digital copy of your incomplete application.

When you resubmit your application, if it meets the requirements for processing, it will then enter the processing queue based on the date of its re-submission.

If you resubmit an application, it must be submitted by mail. IRCC will accept printed copies of most of the documents we are returning to you in this email, with the exception of the IMM1344 - Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking for which we require a new original copy.

If you are re-submitting your application and providing printed copies of the documents enclosed, please ensure you also include a copy o f this letter."

I have a few questions:
(1) For those re-submitted amended new forms, I would think that the signing date should be the current date.
(2) For other documents which we have submitted earlier and IRCC now returned in the digital copies, I only need to print those digital copies out and there is no need to re-sign all the forms again?
(3) We are applying the outland sponsorship and I have already moved to Canada now with my child. The original application was submitted prior to my moving back to Canada, so in IMM5533, under the "Proof of relationship to Sponsor - "Are you and your spouse currently living together", I have put a "yes". So now with my relocation back to Canada, and my husband remains in the origin place and due to covid travel restriction, it made flying extremely difficult, so when I submit this IMM5533 form again, "Are you and your spouse currently living together?, should I still put a yes or no? (we have been forced to stay apart for almost 6 months)
Looks like they've finally stopped returning entire applications. You're lucky.

Yes to #1
Yes to #2
And Yes to #3

Just follow all the instructions in the letter. Print them all and correct what's needed. Put that letter at the top and mail it in again.