+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship Application pending review

omarafa

Nov 7, 2019
Hello all,

I'd appreciate your help with this: I applied for spousal sponsorship in August and received AOR on Oct 16. After 13 days (Oct 29) I received an email saying:

"This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of xxxxx and family (if applicable).
This is to acknowledge receipt of your sponsorship application and to advise that your file is presently pending review by an officer. You will be contacted in the future if further information is required or as soon as the decision on your application is finalized."

When I check the status, it says "in process"

Can someone explain what this means?

Thanks

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Hello all,

I'd appreciate your help with this: I applied for spousal sponsorship in August and received AOR on Oct 16. After 13 days (Oct 29) I received an email saying:

"This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of xxxxx and family (if applicable).
This is to acknowledge receipt of your sponsorship application and to advise that your file is presently pending review by an officer. You will be contacted in the future if further information is required or as soon as the decision on your application is finalized."

When I check the status, it says "in process"

Can someone explain what this means?

Thanks
Means your application is in process.. The email you received is your AOR, and they said if they needneed anything else, they will let you know.

omarafa

Nov 7, 2019
Means your application is in process.. The email you received is your AOR, and they said if they needneed anything else, they will let you know.
Why would I receive 2 AOR emails 13 days apart? Most members (on the excel sheet) have their SA approved already.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Why would I receive 2 AOR emails 13 days apart? Most members (on the excel sheet) have their SA approved already.
Looks like they are sending acknowledgement of receipt & telling you that SA is in process. There's not much more to it. Everyone's application goes at a different speed.

shahmazed

Jan 10, 2020
Hi omarafa- the same thing happened with us (we applied Dec 2019, AOR Jan 1, 2020 and then this additional letter Jan 10). Wondering if you Have heard anything since you received your letter in November?

Last edited: