+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship Application - Outland

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
I'm just going to make a thread for all of my questions... because I have quite a few and i'm sure I will have more as they come along..

I am a American Citizen and Sponsor is Canadian Citizen. We have two children together!

1) IMM5406E - Additional Family - I have 6 brothers, 1 sister who are all over 21 and will not be accompanying us in Canada. Do I still add them onto additional family page?

2) Our Children are born in the united states but have eligibility for Canadian Citizenship. Do I still put them as accompanying dependents? Or no?

3) IMM1344E - Applicant Sponsor agreement - Question 8B - Provide the date you entered into common-law Status. Is this the date that I moved to Canada to "Visit" ( September 24, 2016 ) Or the date we have lived together for a year? ( September 24, 2017)

I'm sure more questions will come up! But for now - these are the three I have!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm just going to make a thread for all of my questions... because I have quite a few and i'm sure I will have more as they come along..

I am a American Citizen and Sponsor is Canadian Citizen. We have two children together!

1) IMM5406E - Additional Family - I have 6 brothers, 1 sister who are all over 21 and will not be accompanying us in Canada. Do I still add them onto additional family page?

2) Our Children are born in the united states but have eligibility for Canadian Citizenship. Do I still put them as accompanying dependents? Or no?

3) IMM1344E - Applicant Sponsor agreement - Question 8B - Provide the date you entered into common-law Status. Is this the date that I moved to Canada to "Visit" ( September 24, 2016 ) Or the date we have lived together for a year? ( September 24, 2017)

I'm sure more questions will come up! But for now - these are the three I have!
1. Yes.

2. No. They are Canadian citizens and can't be included. Your previous posts indicate you are in Canada. Have you sorted out Certificates of Citizenship for your kids?

3. One year from the date that you moved in together.

Reactions: Elanigana

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
1. Yes.

2. No. They are Canadian citizens and can't be included. Your previous posts indicate you are in Canada. Have you sorted out Certificates of Citizenship for your kids?

3. One year from the date that you moved in together.
No, we haven't gotten the certificates of citizenship yet! We have applied for them. However, we have all provincial things worked out. They're covered under health care, they have family doctors, things such as that... Does that make a difference?

On the additional dependents form - Do I even fill that out? Since they're already Canadian Citizen?

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Also! On IMM0008 - It's asking if i've applied for CSQ - I was under the impression I didn't apply for that until Canada approved him as a sponsor? Do I apply for CSQ first?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No, we haven't gotten the certificates of citizenship yet! We have applied for them. However, we have all provincial things worked out. They're covered under health care, they have family doctors, things such as that... Does that make a difference?

On the additional dependents form - Do I even fill that out? Since they're already Canadian Citizen?
It doesn't make a difference for the app, just for them having actual proof of Canadian citizenship.

Your children are not dependents for the purposes of your application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Also! On IMM0008 - It's asking if i've applied for CSQ - I was under the impression I didn't apply for that until Canada approved him as a sponsor? Do I apply for CSQ first?
Select No. You have to wait for IRCC to request it.

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Hello! Me again!
Select No. You have to wait for IRCC to request it.

For the Document Checklist :

I am currently living INSIDE canada, but want to apply outland..

The choices are..

Currently Living outside canada and am applying for family class

Or..

Currently living in Canada and I'm applying under FAmily class ( but not under Spouse or Common Law Partner class )

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
It doesn't make a difference for the app, just for them having actual proof of Canadian citizenship.

Your children are not dependents for the purposes of your application.
Another question - I'm sorry ahead of time. On form IMM 0008

It gives me the option to "Remove" Dependants.. I can do that because they're already applicable for Citizenship through their father, right?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello! Me again!

For the Document Checklist :

I am currently living INSIDE canada, but want to apply outland..

The choices are..

Currently Living outside canada and am applying for family class

Or..

Currently living in Canada and I'm applying under FAmily class ( but not under Spouse or Common Law Partner class )
Didn't see this post.

The latter is correct, "in Canada and applying under the Family Class".

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Didn't see this post.

The latter is correct, "in Canada and applying under the Family Class".
Another question... I am SOO thankful that you keep answering!! :D

Would it be better for me to apply Inland? Or apply outland and extend AGAIN in March when my 6 months is up to stay here in Canada while applying?

A little background.. I've been here on A visitor record since September 2016.. I extended March 2017 and will have to extend again March 2018..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Another question... I am SOO thankful that you keep answering!! :D

Would it be better for me to apply Inland? Or apply outland and extend AGAIN in March when my 6 months is up to stay here in Canada while applying?

A little background.. I've been here on A visitor record since September 2016.. I extended March 2017 and will have to extend again March 2018..
Up to you. If you have no plans to leave Canada at all during the process, then inland can be a good option because of the OWP.

If you plan to leave Canada during the process, outland is the better option. With a sponsorship app in process, you should have no issue applying for an extension.

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Up to you. If you have no plans to leave Canada at all during the process, then inland can be a good option because of the OWP.

If you plan to leave Canada during the process, outland is the better option. With a sponsorship app in process, you should have no issue applying for an extension.

THANK YOU!

I don't "Plan" on leaving canada. But, in case of an emergency, I'll do outland just in case.

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018

I have another question...

We don't have my name on alot of things around here. I'm not on the lease.. Phone bills.. utilities...

However, I am the beneficiary for his life insurance, followed by our two kids.

I have two questions.. If we put myself on the bank account today, would that be okay? I'm not even sure the bank will let me..

Also, if I write a detailed explanation on why i'm not on any of those things... do I still have a chance of being approved? Or is it an automatic denial?

I have notarized letters from friends and family stating that I live here.. that I have lived here... I filed with Quebec last year stating that I lived here part of the years for taxes.. He filed common-law last year.... I have those papers..

It's literally the ONLY thing that we don't have.. but it's a BIG thing.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have another question...

We don't have my name on alot of things around here. I'm not on the lease.. Phone bills.. utilities...

However, I am the beneficiary for his life insurance, followed by our two kids.

I have two questions.. If we put myself on the bank account today, would that be okay? I'm not even sure the bank will let me..

Also, if I write a detailed explanation on why i'm not on any of those things... do I still have a chance of being approved? Or is it an automatic denial?

I have notarized letters from friends and family stating that I live here.. that I have lived here... I filed with Quebec last year stating that I lived here part of the years for taxes.. He filed common-law last year.... I have those papers..

It's literally the ONLY thing that we don't have.. but it's a BIG thing.
Putting yourself on the bank account now won't really count for anything.

What actually proof do you have that shows you have cohabited for at least a year?