+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship application-mother in law

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Hi all,
I have a question about the Schedule A form, we submitted the application for my mother-in-law a few months ago, and she completed her medical too, but now they asked us to resubmit the Schedule A form. Specifically, they asked about the question that is asking whether anyone in the application has got any visa rejection in the past. I wonder if my husband and I are also included in this question. My student visa was rejected first many years ago, should I mention this here?

Thanks!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
I have a question about the Schedule A form, we submitted the application for my mother-in-law a few months ago, and she completed her medical too, but now they asked us to resubmit the Schedule A form. Specifically, they asked about the question that is asking whether anyone in the application has got any visa rejection in the past. I wonder if my husband and I are also included in this question. My student visa was rejected first many years ago, should I mention this here?

Thanks!
How is your mother-in-law being sponsored? Is she the only person on the application?

If there is anyone in the application that has had a previous visa rejection, they MUST disclose the information. This is non-negotiable!

Reactions: SiminB

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
How is your mother-in-law being sponsored? Is she the only person on the application?

If there is anyone in the application that has had a previous visa rejection, they MUST disclose the information. This is non-negotiable!
Thanks for your response. she is the only one in the application. So, we (sponsors) do not need to enter our information in this form. It should only have her information, am I right?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your response. she is the only one in the application. So, we (sponsors) do not need to enter our information in this form. It should only have her information, am I right?
So your spouse is the one actually sponsoring their mother, correct?

A sponsor also needs to answer all questions truthfully (obviously) so unless there is a question pertaining to any prior visa refusals for the sponsor, it's not a problem.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for your response. she is the only one in the application. ... It should only have her information, am I right?
Is she married or common law? Does she have any dependents?

Without knowing anything about your case, I'd say the most frequent reason these are sent is asking information about family members being omitted.

Is status of any/all of her spouses (current, former, deceased, divorced) all there?

Note, I don't know how/if this relates to the part that you said they specifically asked.

Other point: has M-i-L disclosed information about ALL visa rejections or anything like it, including other countries?

SiminB

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Thank you for your responses! My husband is the main sponsor and his mother is a single applicant (widowed), with no dependent child.