+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor's Source of Income Documents - Ridesharing Details

thamarai68

May 23, 2021
Hi, I am sponsoring my wife's PR application under the outland family class, and for the sponsor's source of income documents, I will not be able to provide NOA or Option C documents as I landed in Canada in April 2021 and did not file 2020 tax as I did not live/earn here in Canada.
Now, I will be writing a letter of explanation stating this. On top of my full-time job, I also do part-time ride-sharing (Uber/Lyft), but I wonder if I should show this as an income in the letter? If yes, what documents should I include as evidence as there is no offer letter or stable income/pay stub in this.
I am thinking to not show my ride-sharing details here, but please advise if it is okay to not share this information without getting any trouble in the future when this income shows up in tax next year?
Thanks

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi, I am sponsoring my wife's PR application under the outland family class, and for the sponsor's source of income documents, I will not be able to provide NOA or Option C documents as I landed in Canada in April 2021 and did not file 2020 tax as I did not live/earn here in Canada.
Now, I will be writing a letter of explanation stating this. On top of my full-time job, I also do part-time ride-sharing (Uber/Lyft), but I wonder if I should show this as an income in the letter? If yes, what documents should I include as evidence as there is no offer letter or stable income/pay stub in this.
I am thinking to not show my ride-sharing details here, but please advise if it is okay to not share this information without getting any trouble in the future when this income shows up in tax next year?
Thanks
You are supposed to show that you can support your spouse and self. Since no NOA I presume you will be submitting pay stubs etc. There is no reason not to include the Uber even if it just records that you are keeping personally or showing deposit slips from them. It is a part-time job, they will not be expecting to see a steady salary from it. However I see no reason it would affect your application or your tax situation with CRA if you don't include it.

Reactions: thamarai68