+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor's Assessment waiting time exceeds 4 months in Mississauga?

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
coolboy88 said:
I have called CIC every 2 weeks and also contacted my MP 2 times and received the same response that its "in process" for SA approval. My MP called and still CIC said its in process...Dont know any other approach to take but wait....Its a straight forward case..no criminal record, or payment issues...they haven't even notified me if there is any missing documents (if any)..So frustrated with this process..and its only STEP 1
It's exactly my case. The CIC also told the MP it's processing, but now, with the latest call, apparently it's not processing, all the file information is missing and the person in CIC that our MP called last week said that there is alot of missing tracking information about our file. They couldn't even locate where the file is now. There had to be notes on their system and variables that are infact, missing!! This happened after two months of MP calling them and they say the file is processing and when the MP asked before what's holding it back, the CIC said nothing is holding the file back and that they are processing, now they can't even locate where the file is. And we can't request GCSM notes!!!!

Where is your spouse from (the one being sponored)? Belongs to which visa office?

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
littleern said:
better give a call to call center and figure it out, my case was being hold because of they couldn't find my payment receipt without notify me (sigh), I found this problem by checking the GCMS notes.
How can my sponsor check GCMS notes? He doesn't even have access to that. He logs to only see the status saying Application Received, he can't request or interact with anything.

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
Smsm81 said:
Look ya sety,
Submit visitor visa to visit Canada.. Clearly state that you applied for PR and you are visiting your husband as you both feel lonely. Clearly mention that you will only visit him for 6 month and if that your application wouldnt be approved by that time you will return back to Egypt.
Most probably your application will turned down but at least you would have open a file which will reduce the period of time when they will start looking at your application. or maybe they will be nice and grant you a visitor visa so you can be with your husband.
Did pass by the sponsorship experience? Did u get an AOR letter first after 50 days for the sponosr?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ytweety said:
How can my sponsor check GCMS notes? He doesn't even have access to that. He logs to only see the status saying Application Received, he can't request or interact with anything.
GCSM notes are separate from ECAS. it is a part of the privacy and access to information acts. the sponsor can request them by filling out the request and attaching a consent form from the applicant. If the sponsor only wants to see their own file, they do not need consent, they can order them on their own behalf.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_E_dq_uLVo&feature=youtu.be

coolboy88

Aug 9, 2014
My spouse is from India and the Visa office is NDVO...I tried calling them and they still haven't told me anything in regards to missing documents...or in fact any other reason..I will contact my MP once again to find out more updates. Good to know I am not in the boat alone!!

ytweety said:
It's exactly my case. The CIC also told the MP it's processing, but now, with the latest call, apparently it's not processing, all the file information is missing and the person in CIC that our MP called last week said that there is alot of missing tracking information about our file. They couldn't even locate where the file is now. There had to be notes on their system and variables that are infact, missing!! This happened after two months of MP calling them and they say the file is processing and when the MP asked before what's holding it back, the CIC said nothing is holding the file back and that they are processing, now they can't even locate where the file is. And we can't request GCSM notes!!!!

Where is your spouse from (the one being sponored)? Belongs to which visa office?

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
rhcohen2014 said:
GCSM notes are separate from ECAS. it is a part of the privacy and access to information acts. the sponsor can request them by filling out the request and attaching a consent form from the applicant. If the sponsor only wants to see their own file, they do not need consent, they can order them on their own behalf.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_E_dq_uLVo&feature=youtu.be
That's very informative, my spouse is working on it now.

any idea on how long it takes for them to reply with notes?

Many thanks.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ytweety said:
That's very informative, my spouse is working on it now.

any idea on how long it takes for them to reply with notes?

Many thanks.
at least 30 days, though most people have been experiencing longer than normal processing. i suggested this before, and you responding that you wouldn't be able to do this because you don't even have an aor yet? has something changed?

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
rhcohen2014 said:
at least 30 days, though most people have been experiencing longer than normal processing. i suggested this before, and you responding that you wouldn't be able to do this because you don't even have an aor yet? has something changed?
No, nothing changed, but I Thought my spouse had to get an AOR to be able to log on the system and make such a request. But as I have checked the link you shared, it seems that we can request such notes at anytime. I misunderstood when you suggested this before. It only got clear as I hqve checked the link. But no, nothing changed.

Many thanks

j3poy

Aug 19, 2014
Same problem here.. My wife submitted the assessment form last December 2013, until now we haven't got any response from Mississauga. She tried calling them and like the answer they are on the previous posts, "still on process" . 8 months? just for the sponsor assessment? We don't know what to do now can anyone suggest.

Thanks

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
Just received the sponsor assessment approval. Apparently the file was forgotten somewhere and when the MP asked about it several times, they noticed that the file has been ignored for many months!!

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
j3poy said:
Same problem here.. My wife submitted the assessment form last December 2013, until now we haven't got any response from Mississauga. She tried calling them and like the answer they are on the previous posts, "still on process" . 8 months? just for the sponsor assessment? We don't know what to do now can anyone suggest.

Thanks
I highly recommend your wife should contact her MP soon.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
ytweety said:
Just received the sponsor assessment approval. Apparently the file was forgotten somewhere and when the MP asked about it several times, they noticed that the file has been ignored for many months!!
Sorry that happened, but I'm glad everything is finally underway!

amakuku

Aug 8, 2014
ytweety said:
congratulations ytweety .