+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor's Assessment waiting time exceeds 4 months in Mississauga?

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
rhcohen2014 said:
it turns out mississauga is now starting to process some outland applications for certain visa offices. specifically sydney and paris applicants are being notified of their applications staying there for processing. applicants have been told this is because of "relief of workflow", and the visa will still be issued from the overseas visa office. apparently mississauga is now processing the relationship validity portion of certain applications deemed "not complicated"- whatever that means.

so there is a chance your application can be one of those as well...

i would suggest scanning the may and june applicant threads to see info about this. my guess this is where you will see posts about mistakes being made too.
Sounds reasonable, but as you've mentioned ; applicants have been told. But in our case we haven't been told anything since they received that file, we didn't even get the "Sponsor's assessment" decision. Anyways, my husband called the MP again today to help us because CIC wouldn't answer any of our case inquiries.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
ytweety said:
Good point, can you please share with me the posts you found about this inland mistake, I would like to know how can we check that ours went to outland queue, because no one would tell us.
I think that if they had confused your application for an inland one, they would've sent it back to you because of wrong forms (you filled outland forms, so some inland forms would be "missing"). That's what happened to those people. So at least you would've heard something.

I hope your MP does something about it, seems so absurd!

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
lellen said:
I think that if they had confused your application for an inland one, they would've sent it back to you because of wrong forms (you filled outland forms, so some inland forms would be "missing"). That's what happened to those people. So at least you would've heard something.

I hope your MP does something about it, seems so absurd!
It's actually quite depressing. We filed on March 25, 2014. And they don't tell us anything until now (mid august)!!!

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
ytweety said:
It's actually quite depressing. We filed on March 25, 2014. And they don't tell us anything until now (mid august)!!!

Yes, the time is a little bit our of the norm...
sometimes they do background check very extensively ...
and it takes time,
We live in a different word from the one that we used to live,
and sometimes the background checks take inexplicable times,
My best guess is that there is somebody with the same name as your
husband with background that showed some kind of red flag to immigration,
then further background should be necessary... I am not an immigration consultant
or anything like that... I am just guessing what would result in such delay....

But I believe that once they complete the background check everything will go to
Egypt to continue ... and then another wait...
Just be patient... everything will eventually be solved and you and your husband
will reunite.

Blessings for you and your husband

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
Awesomeg said:
Yes, the time is a little bit our of the norm...
sometimes they do background check very extensively ...
and it takes time,
We live in a different word from the one that we used to live,
and sometimes the background checks take inexplicable times,
My best guess is that there is somebody with the same name as your
husband with background that showed some kind of red flag to immigration,
then further background should be necessary... I am not an immigration consultant
or anything like that... I am just guessing what would result in such delay....

But I believe that once they complete the background check everything will go to
Egypt to continue ... and then another wait...
Just be patient... everything will eventually be solved and you and your husband
will reunite.

Blessings for you and your husband
Thank you very much :)

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
hi tweety,

have you thought about ordering the sponsorship file through the GCSM/ATIP notes system? I believe the sponsorship file will give insight to the sponsor eligibiltiy side of the application. Generally people order the "immigration" file, because they are concerned about the applicant's file. I'm wondering if the sponsorship file will tell you what the hold up is? The only thing about doing this is the potential your approval can come in before the notes do. just a thought...

amakuku

Aug 8, 2014
GCSM/ATIP can be used after you get AOR .Thats the problem we don't get it even after 4+ months and still stuck at first step of sponsorship approval.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
amakuku said:
GCSM/ATIP can be used after you get AOR .Thats the problem we don't get it even after 4+ months and still stuck at first step of sponsorship approval.
that makes sense. the cic call center may be able to give you a temp number. it sounds like they can look you up in their system, so that suggests there are numbers assigned. i know we were able to get one before getting approval, and the temp number ended up being our application number...

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
My husband just got an update from the MPP who contacted the CIC about our case.
The CIC said that there is a mistake from there side and there is information about our file that was mistakenly not entered on the system and that they have no idea where our file is now. They will try to know where is our file.
We are now thinking of rasing this to a legal case against CIC, but we were advised that this would even delay our case more.
We are extremely depressed and trying to find an alternative country to be able to live together.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ytweety said:
My husband just got an update from the MPP who contacted the CIC about our case.
The CIC said that there is a mistake from there side and there is information about our file that was mistakenly not entered on the system and that they have no idea where our file is now. They will try to know where is our file.
We are now thinking of rasing this to a legal case against CIC, but we were advised that this would even delay our case more.
We are extremely depressed and trying to find an alternative country to be able to live together.
There is really no point in taking any legal action against CIC. It will only be a waste of thousands of dollars and won't help your case go any faster.

As they've admitted it's their mistake and your MP is already involved, it's possible that they will put the file ahead in the queue in Egypt to make up for the delay. Have your MP keep on them to find out what is happening.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
canuck_in_uk said:
There is really no point in taking any legal action against CIC. It will only be a waste of thousands of dollars and won't help your case go any faster.

As they've admitted it's their mistake and your MP is already involved, it's possible that they will put the file ahead in the queue in Egypt to make up for the delay. Have your MP keep on them to find out what is happening.
Look ya sety,
Submit visitor visa to visit Canada.. Clearly state that you applied for PR and you are visiting your husband as you both feel lonely. Clearly mention that you will only visit him for 6 month and if that your application wouldnt be approved by that time you will return back to Egypt.
Most probably your application will turned down but at least you would have open a file which will reduce the period of time when they will start looking at your application. or maybe they will be nice and grant you a visitor visa so you can be with your husband.

coolboy88

Aug 9, 2014
I am in a similar situation...Filled application on April 3, 2014 and have only received 1 update that "We have received you completed application". Not a single update after that. This is now 4.5 months and CIC only suggests to keep waiting for the SA approval. Its difficult to wait for the mail especially when you are checking 10 times a day!...

ytweety said:
Dear All,

My application is Outland, I am Egyptian currently in Egypt and trying to join my Canadian husband in Canada.

Can anyone advise on what could be the reasons behind an unexplained 4+ months of delay in the decision for Step 1; sponsor's assessment?

The only status we have got is that application received on March 25th. Not a single updated afterwards. We sent CIC an email inquiry and we called the call center, the reply was always "Your application is still processing". We lately involved my husband's MP who also got the reply "The application is complete but still processing and we are still evaluating the case"

It's the 5th month now with no update, the file didn't even reach the Canadian embassy in Cairo whoch will requore atleast another 12 months of processing. I

If Anyone knows a reason that might be causing a delay anything we can do?

Reading the foruma, it seems pretty abnormal to exceed 4 months with no update for step 1!

Please help

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
coolboy88 said:
I am in a similar situation...Filled application on April 3, 2014 and have only received 1 update that "We have received you completed application". Not a single update after that. This is now 4.5 months and CIC only suggests to keep waiting for the SA approval. Its difficult to wait for the mail especially when you are checking 10 times a day!...
if you are well beyond the postes processing time, then it's times to contact the sponsor's MP and ask them to help figure out what the hold up is.

littleern

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2014
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014, CIC M requested police cert and rec'd on 14-04-2014
AOR Received.
12-03-2014
File Transfer...
08-08-2014
Passport Req..
11-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
2015 summer
coolboy88 said:
better give a call to call center and figure it out, my case was being hold because of they couldn't find my payment receipt without notify me (sigh), I found this problem by checking the GCMS notes.

coolboy88

Aug 9, 2014
I have called CIC every 2 weeks and also contacted my MP 2 times and received the same response that its "in process" for SA approval. My MP called and still CIC said its in process...Dont know any other approach to take but wait....Its a straight forward case..no criminal record, or payment issues...they haven't even notified me if there is any missing documents (if any)..So frustrated with this process..and its only STEP 1

rhcohen2014 said:
if you are well beyond the postes processing time, then it's times to contact the sponsor's MP and ask them to help figure out what the hold up is.