+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor's Assessment waiting time exceeds 4 months in Mississauga?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
1272 said:
whr ru from? n ur husband /wife?? Ur visa office? tell me ur full details?
how about you read the entire thread, starting from the first post from this person, instead of asking her to repeat it again? all this information has already been provided. if you want to know the person's details, then it's suggested you do the reading on this thread to learn or read past posts from this person. this person has enough going on without needing to repeat over and over again every detail when they've already SHARED the information!

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Do they assess the relationship at all during the first stage? Or is it just to see that the sponsor is eligible?

Maybe there could be someone with the same name in Canada that has a criminal record or social assistance? I don't know I'm totally making those up, it's just that your case seems to be so straight forward I don't get it. Good luck though, I can't help you other than wish that you receive your SA soon!!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
lellen said:
Do they assess the relationship at all during the first stage? Or is it just to see that the sponsor is eligible?

Maybe there could be someone with the same name in Canada that has a criminal record or social assistance? I don't know I'm totally making those up, it's just that your case seems to be so straight forward I don't get it. Good luck though, I can't help you other than wish that you receive your SA soon!!
for outland, stage 1 is checking eligibility of the sponsor and confirming the application is complete. it is very strange, and there seems to be a handful of applicants with this problem. i will just add them to my prayers so that they get it figured out. i can not imagine going through this, as waiting for SA was the WORST part of the process for me, and my family probably almost commited me to a mental institution!

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
lellen said:

Exactly, our case is VERY straight forward. We really have no clue what's going on. Especially when the MP called them and asked what's holding back the file that long, they replied "Nothing, we will still process"

Please keep us in your prayers.

kickb

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2013
Doc's Request.
22-03-2014(PCC, Medicals & RPRF) 21-05-2014(Proof of Communication), Feb 10, 2015 background info(updated)
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2014
Med's Request
22-03-2014, Mar 05, 2015(Re-medicals)
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
Inprocess - Nov 07, 2014, Dec. Made: Jul 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 29, 2015
ytweety said:
He got his citizenship through the normal process in 2012 (he was already legally living and working in Canada with a PR). We got married in Egypt in Dec 2013. We sent our application in March 2014. It was received by CIC on March 25 and they informed us that the application is complete.
And still processing until the moment -August 2014, it will be 5 months of processing on 25 August, while the website says 56 days....
:(
are you in relationship before marriage? if so how long?

If you are in relationship for more than a year before marriage will also delay the process and other reason might be his financial situation. apart from this these two reason i dont see any reason for delay. Unless there is some particular information which you did not provide here or on application and VO figured out from their records.

kickb

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2013
Doc's Request.
22-03-2014(PCC, Medicals & RPRF) 21-05-2014(Proof of Communication), Feb 10, 2015 background info(updated)
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2014
Med's Request
22-03-2014, Mar 05, 2015(Re-medicals)
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
Inprocess - Nov 07, 2014, Dec. Made: Jul 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 29, 2015
amakuku said:
Dear ytweety,

I have the same case as yours.
My application is Outland, I am Indian currently in India and trying to join my Canadian wife in Canada.

Can anyone advise on what could be the reasons behind an unexplained 4+ months of delay in the decision for Step 1; sponsor's assessment? On site its clearly written that step 1 takes 56 days !!

The only status we have got is that application received on april 22nd. Not a single updated afterwards. . in june 2014 We involved my wife's MP who also got the reply "The application is complete but still processing and we are still evaluating the case"Few days back on 8,5,2014 MP got same reply application is under processing.

It's the 4th month now with no update, What are you upto ,ytweety!! ......................................Please let me know..thank you.

If Anyone knows a reason that might be causing a delay anything we can do?
it seems pretty abnormal to exceed 4 months with no update for step 1!

Please help
--------------
How did you wife got her PR and when? how long have you been married? are you in relationship before marriage?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
kickb said:

If you are in relationship for more than a year before marriage will also delay the process and other reason might be his financial situation. apart from this these two reason i dont see any reason for delay. Unless there is some particular information which you did not provide here or on application and VO figured out from their records.
information about the relationship isn't viewed during the sponsorship eligibility stage for outland processing. CIC focuses on the sponsor's application and only checks the completeness of the applicant's application. How long they were married has no bearing on whether the sponsor is eligble to be a sponsor. Deciding on the validity of the relationship happens AFTER sponsorship approval when the file is transferred to the visa office, not before. This poster has yet to get through the sponsor eligiblity phase.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
information about the relationship isn't viewed during the sponsorship eligibility stage for outland processing. CIC focuses on the sponsor's application and only checks the completeness of the applicant's application. How long they were married has no bearing on whether the sponsor is eligble to be a sponsor. Deciding on the validity of the relationship happens AFTER sponsorship approval when the file is transferred to the visa office, not before. This poster has yet to get through the sponsor eligiblity phase.
Quoted for truth.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
That is an absurd amount of time, especially since they said you had a complete application already.
I would be calling them everyday hounding them. Are you sure they have your file and haven't lost it?

Or is it possible that Cic Mississauga is helping to process the 2nd part of the application from the Egypt office?

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
tink23 said:
That is an absurd amount of time, especially since they said you had a complete application already.
I would be calling them everyday hounding them. Are you sure they have your file and haven't lost it?

Or is it possible that Cic Mississauga is helping to process the 2nd part of the application from the Egypt office?
The file isn't transferred to The VO in Egypt yet.

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
kickb said:

His financial status is very good and he never had any financial problems, never been on social assistances or welfare.

He never married before, never had kids, never sponsored anyone before, he has clear criminal record.

We have been engaged for almost a year before marriage.

I am not hiding any information, I am seeking any advise/help through this forum because there is no issue in our case as we, our consultant and the MP sees it.

When my husband's MP called CIC, they said the file is complete and they are still processing, when the MP asked on what is the reason that's holding back the application from getting a decision for stage 1 (sponsor's approval) the CIC replied; Nothing, there is no reason, we are still processing.

I created this thread to see if anybody faced a similar timeline for stage 1, but it seems we are a weird, exceptional case and we don't even know why...

amakuku

Aug 8, 2014
Ytweety

I think only both of us have same problem .I have no clue why it takes 5 months for step 1 .Please keep posting your case if you have any further progress . My wife called them and they say there are so many requests in this time. File is complete and in a Que. I don't know why it takes 5 months !!worst part is waiting for the mail !!

indebt

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2014
AOR Received.
SA: 12-09-2014
File Transfer...
24-09-2014 (AOR2: 21-10-2014)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015
Just a thought.. Would it be possible that the VO who looked into your file thought that your application is an inland rather than outland application? I have read a few posts saying that their application was mistaken for an inland one. Maybe you would want to look at that and confirm with them coz the initial assessment of inland is 12 months. Wouldn't want you to wait that long.. Just a possibility you may want to look into...

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
indebt said:
Just a thought.. Would it be possible that the VO who looked into your file thought that your application is an inland rather than outland application? I have read a few posts saying that their application was mistaken for an inland one. Maybe you would want to look at that and confirm with them coz the initial assessment of inland is 12 months. Wouldn't want you to wait that long.. Just a possibility you may want to look into...
Good point, can you please share with me the posts you found about this inland mistake, I would like to know how can we check that ours went to outland queue, because no one would tell us.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
it turns out mississauga is now starting to process some outland applications for certain visa offices. specifically sydney and paris applicants are being notified of their applications staying there for processing. applicants have been told this is because of "relief of workflow", and the visa will still be issued from the overseas visa office. apparently mississauga is now processing the relationship validity portion of certain applications deemed "not complicated"- whatever that means.

so there is a chance your application can be one of those as well...

i would suggest scanning the may and june applicant threads to see info about this. my guess this is where you will see posts about mistakes being made too.