+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor's Assessment waiting time exceeds 4 months in Mississauga?

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
Dear All,

My application is Outland, I am Egyptian currently in Egypt and trying to join my Canadian husband in Canada.

Can anyone advise on what could be the reasons behind an unexplained 4+ months of delay in the decision for Step 1; sponsor's assessment?

The only status we have got is that application received on March 25th. Not a single updated afterwards. We sent CIC an email inquiry and we called the call center, the reply was always "Your application is still processing". We lately involved my husband's MP who also got the reply "The application is complete but still processing and we are still evaluating the case"

It's the 5th month now with no update, the file didn't even reach the Canadian embassy in Cairo whoch will requore atleast another 12 months of processing. I

If Anyone knows a reason that might be causing a delay anything we can do?

Reading the foruma, it seems pretty abnormal to exceed 4 months with no update for step 1!

Please help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is your husband a Canadian citizen or PR?

Has he ever previously sponsored someone?

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
scylla said:
Is your husband a Canadian citizen or PR?

Has he ever previously sponsored someone?
He is a Canadian citizen.

He never sponsored anyone before.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Has he been on welfare at all in the past year or two?

Is he behind on any child support payments to a previous spouse?

Does he have any criminal convictions?

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
canuck_in_uk said:
Has he been on welfare at all in the past year or two?

Is he behind on any child support payments to a previous spouse?

Does he have any criminal convictions?
Never

He was never married and never had any children before

No criminal record at all - he is clear

He is a Ph.D holder in Engineering from Canada, worked and still working in multinational consulting organisations in Canada and a researcher in Canadian universities. No record of marriage, children or any relationship before, always paid his taxes, never broke the law... No criminal record whatsoever.

Our application status is very weird and quite depressing....

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Are you sure you haven't missed an email for further information.I applied April 9th and they requested more information . They called also yesterday to ask another question .Just got sponsorship .I had the same reply every time i called the call center. They didn't say any thing about the additional information.Nothing was on file with them . Just a thought.

kickb

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2013
Doc's Request.
22-03-2014(PCC, Medicals & RPRF) 21-05-2014(Proof of Communication), Feb 10, 2015 background info(updated)
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2014
Med's Request
22-03-2014, Mar 05, 2015(Re-medicals)
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
Inprocess - Nov 07, 2014, Dec. Made: Jul 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 29, 2015
ytweety said:
He is a Canadian citizen.

He never sponsored anyone before.
How did you husband got his citizenship and when did he get it? when did you get married and where?

amakuku

Aug 8, 2014
Dear ytweety,

I have the same case as yours.
My application is Outland, I am Indian currently in India and trying to join my Canadian wife in Canada.

Can anyone advise on what could be the reasons behind an unexplained 4+ months of delay in the decision for Step 1; sponsor's assessment? On site its clearly written that step 1 takes 56 days !!

The only status we have got is that application received on april 22nd. Not a single updated afterwards. . in june 2014 We involved my wife's MP who also got the reply "The application is complete but still processing and we are still evaluating the case"Few days back on 8,5,2014 MP got same reply application is under processing.

It's the 4th month now with no update, What are you upto ,ytweety!! ......................................Please let me know..thank you.

it seems pretty abnormal to exceed 4 months with no update for step 1!

Please help

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
taffy7 said:
Are you sure you haven't missed an email for further information.I applied April 9th and they requested more information . They called also yesterday to ask another question .Just got sponsorship .I had the same reply every time i called the call center. They didn't say any thing about the additional information.Nothing was on file with them . Just a thought.
We have checked our emails and junk regularly. Nothing.
They mentioned in the email inquiry that our file is complete. They also informed the MP that the file is complete but still under processing

Thank you

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
kickb said:
How did you husband got his citizenship and when did he get it? when did you get married and where?
He got his citizenship through the normal process in 2012 (he was already legally living and working in Canada with a PR). We got married in Egypt in Dec 2013. We sent our application in March 2014. It was received by CIC on March 25 and they informed us that the application is complete.
And still processing until the moment -August 2014, it will be 5 months of processing on 25 August, while the website says 56 days....
:(

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 jan 2014
amakuku said:
Dear ytweety,

I have the same case as yours.
My application is Outland, I am Indian currently in India and trying to join my Canadian wife in Canada.

Can anyone advise on what could be the reasons behind an unexplained 4+ months of delay in the decision for Step 1; sponsor's assessment? On site its clearly written that step 1 takes 56 days !!

The only status we have got is that application received on april 22nd. Not a single updated afterwards. . in june 2014 We involved my wife's MP who also got the reply "The application is complete but still processing and we are still evaluating the case"Few days back on 8,5,2014 MP got same reply application is under processing.

It's the 4th month now with no update, What are you upto ,ytweety!! ......................................Please let me know..thank you.

it seems pretty abnormal to exceed 4 months with no update for step 1!

Please help
hello ... i submitted my application in jan 2014 and in may i gt sponsorship approval... 5-6 months r normal.... in feb i got the mail that my application is transferred to NDVO.... rest i really dont kno wat os hpng..... m eagerly waitin for my turn.. right nw...nov dec applicants r getting DM IP....rest god knows.... hav patience n b positiv....

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
1272 said:
hello ... i submitted my application in jan 2014 and in may i gt sponsorship approval... 5-6 months r normal.... in feb i got the mail that my application is transferred to NDVO.... rest i really dont kno wat os hpng..... m eagerly waitin for my turn.. right nw...nov dec applicants r getting DM IP....rest god knows.... hav patience n b positiv....
If the file was transferred in FeB to NDVO this means it took 1 month to assess the sponsor, the file transfer to NDVO is a sign you got sponsorship approval. Processing in NDVO is actually a second step. We are still stuck in step 1. Our file is in Canada and not getting transferred anywhere for almost 5 months. You're lucky, all the best and hopefully you hear good news soon.

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 jan 2014
ytweety said:
If the file was transferred in FeB to NDVO this means it took 1 month to assess the sponsor, the file transfer to NDVO is a sign you got sponsorship approval. Processing in NDVO is actually a second step. We are still stuck in step 1. Our file is in Canada and not getting transferred anywhere for almost 5 months. You're lucky, all the best and hopefully you hear good news soon.

thmx...m eagerly waitin...hope.u.vl gt ur visa soon!! wats ur timeline?

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
1272 said:
thmx...m eagerly waitin...hope.u.vl gt ur visa soon!! wats ur timeline?
CIC received oyr application on March 25th and we never heard anything back, that's why I have this thread.

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 jan 2014
ytweety said:
CIC received oyr application on March 25th and we never heard anything back, that's why I have this thread.
whr ru from? n ur husband /wife?? Ur visa office? tell me ur full details?