+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring wife from USA

toledo

Star Member
Apr 21, 2008
Hi all,

I am very new to this Forum.

I would like to know, what is the procedure of sponsoring a spouse from USA.

I am a canadian citizen and recently got married in U.S.. My wife is a U.S. landed immigrant. Currently I am living in USA temporarily. I am planning to sponsor my wife to Canada, while we are living together in U.S..

Can someone please advise, on how should I proceed? I will real appreciate anyones comments in this regard.

Thanks.

practitioner

Apr 19, 2008
i'm new too, best of luck; this link is where i started, scroll up to Parts A B and C; the good news is you have a legal right to sponsor her, applying from outside Canada's often faster, and you don't need to meet the income cut-off line although you do need to jump through a ton of other bureacratic hassle-hoops; read everything carefully, i hear the examining officers are real "sticklers" for detail
p

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
fill out your part

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/family.asp

have her fill out her part

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/famcls.asp

gather the evidence, get ur fbi and state clearance, do the medicals and pay your fees, then send both parts of the application in at the same time to mississauga. read thru the guides and then ask questions on what confuses you, it will be alot lol so good luck and god speed.

toledo

Star Member
Apr 21, 2008
Thanks alot guys, for the links and information.

I will try to go through the links and complete the forms. After, if I face any questions regarding the forms and / or procedure, I will probably bother you guys again. Meanwhile, wish me luck.

Thanks,

toledo

Star Member
Apr 21, 2008
I have the application ready. I got the security clearance as well. The only thing is left is the medical examination.

So, my question here is:

So, I am abit confused here. Should I submit the applications (sppnsor's application and my wife's application) first???, and then my wife should do the medical examination??? or she should do the medical examination FIRST and then sumbit the applications ???? Because, I believe the Doctor will send the information (result) directly to the Visa Processing Office. Please correct me someone, if I am assuming wrongly.

I hope I am explaining myself clearly.

Can some one clarify this to me, please....

I will appreciate your inputs.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

toledo said:
I have the application ready. I got the security clearance as well. The only thing is left is the medical examination.

So, my question here is:

So, I am abit confused here. Should I submit the applications (sppnsor's application and my wife's application) first???, and then my wife should do the medical examination??? or she should do the medical examination FIRST and then sumbit the applications ???? Because, I believe the Doctor will send the information (result) directly to the Visa Processing Office. Please correct me someone, if I am assuming wrongly.

I hope I am explaining myself clearly.

Can some one clarify this to me, please....

I will appreciate your inputs.
Do the medical first, then submit the sponsorship and the application with attachments and proof of the medical exam, with the fees to Mississauga.

PMM