+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring wife from afghanistan ANY ADVICE

jaweda

Star Member
May 14, 2010
hey I need everyones advice. Iam currently sponsoring my wife from afghanistan. Back in end of august 2010 we had to resubmit new medicals, ppc and some forms that my wife sent to islamabad. Now its gonna be almost 2 months and have not heard anything from them what do you think could be the delay and at what stage are we in now that we sudmitted everything. I need to know because my wife keeps telling me that if she doesnt hear anything from them she will go to the embassy herself to find out which i strongly disagreed with her because of safety issues. I keep checking e-cas to see if they received medicals but nothing, please I want to know so i can make my wife understand and give her some reassurance that we are almost done. And my file has been processing since nov 2009. I also found out from other forums that people who apllied in early 2010 their wives got ppr already so why not mines. I know it varies case by case but we sudmitted everything they asked for so what else could be taking long. thank you

jaweda

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Re: sponsoring wife from afghanistan ANY ADVICE !!!!!

Hi everyone Iam still waiting on some seniors from this forum to give me some advice and let me know what i should do now. Your help and advice would give me some peace of mind.

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Sorry to tell you this, but you don't have too many options. All you can really do is wait or contact your MP if you have waited longer than the time advised on CIC's website for your Visa Office.
Good luck!

jaweda

Star Member
May 14, 2010
thank you for your reply bonbon9 appreciate it. I guess ill just have to tell my wife that we have to wait. This process really does drag you down when you dont know anything except wait but then again I know some of you are waiting longer so best of luck to those. thanks again