Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
Leon said:
If she does get a TRV and comes with you to Canada, you are still allowed to apply outland. Outland through India is pretty fast.
My dear outland through india is not that fast ...people waiting from 2014...sorry for disagreeing

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
rakeshp said:
I had my girlfriend apply for a visitors visa, and she got approved. Now I will be going to my home country to get married and planning on bringing her here using the visitors visa she obtained months earlier. So once she lands in Canada I am planning on applying for inland sponsorship. Is this an OK thing to do? Any response would be appreciated.
Its a perfect situation for you dear...go ahead

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
azaman said:
My daughter is a Candian PR. She got married in January 2015. They are planning to move to Canada in January 2017 with her spouse on a tourist visa. Can she apply for his PR while in Canada on tourist visa? He is also taking admission for Master in Architecture? Will he come back and have to take student's visa because PR application takes time to complete? Pls respond.
Yes

azaman

Sep 15, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1 2010
Doc's Request.
October 6 2010
Nomination.....
Doc submit Nov 16, 2010
AOR Received.
January 11, 2011
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
In Process since Mar 7, 2012
Med's Request
November 28, 2012
Med's Done....
December 6, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sept 2, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 23, 2013
LANDED..........
October 6, 2013
My daughter is a Candian PR. She got married in January 2015. She is planning to move to Canada in January 2017 with her spouse on a tourist visa. Can she apply for his PR while in Canada on tourist visa?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
azaman said:
My daughter is a Candian PR. She got married in January 2015. She is planning to move to Canada in January 2017 with her spouse on a tourist visa. Can she apply for his PR while in Canada on tourist visa?
If she meets the RO for her PR and they don't show up with all her spouses belongings and say that he is moving permanently, it should be fine. If she applies for him inland (as living in Canada), he must commit to staying in Canada for the 2+ years that the processing takes but he can get a work permit in about 4 months based on that immigration class. If they opt to apply outland (application processed in his homeland), then he is not eligible for a work permit but is free to come and go. The processing time for that varies between countries.

satbsi

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Warsraw WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015, Uploaded 03-06-2015, TLU 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi, my GF is having visitor visa already, and we are planning to get married in India.
because she has visitor visa already so we are planning to travel together to Canada, me as PR and she as visitor.
And i am planning to apply Outland sponsorship while she is with me in Canada, and once passport request comes in, she will go back to India.
and wait for the PR to finalize.
Can anyone please suggest is there any risk in this approach?

Thanks,
Saby!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Are you a PR now? If you are, then your plan sounds fine. If you are not yet a PR - that means that you have not yet landed in Canada and used your PR visa - then you cannot marry her, then enter Canada with her as a visitor and you using your PR visa to land.

satbsi

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Warsraw WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015, Uploaded 03-06-2015, TLU 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Thanks Canadianwomen,

I am PR. her visitor visa is initialized by my sister (PR).
I hope it will also not be a concern?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It should be OK then. When she comes here on her TRV, she must be clear that she is just visiting and will leave Canada before the time given by the border agent expires. So she should have a return ticket with a specific date, proof of ties to India, etc. Saying she is going to visit her husband is fine.

Reactions: Nadaa

SatThak

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
Med's Request
Meds Passed 20-2-16
hi there..

i need somebody's advise on my situation. I am a PR and have invited my fiance as a friend (on a student visa in USA) and her application has been approved. We are getting married in April (in India) and planning to move to Canada after our marriage. What should be me next step regarding paper work for my (then) wife? How to proceed towards her visitor extension (more than 6 months); work permit application and spousal sponsorship? i would really appreciate if someone can suggest me something.

Arvindthiru

Mar 7, 2017
kratos85 said:
All

After all the Drama from our parents side, everything has been finalized and I am getting married in April.

1) She is working in India so she has a good reason to go back. Can I ask my girl friend ( soon to be wife) to apply for Tourist Visa now?
2) I have started to work on all the paper works, police clearance, etc as a head start. However after marriage I will bring her here as Tourist Visa or visitor visa or any k because she would have one already approved (Lets assume).
3) Can I apply for PR as outland application even though she is living with me ?
4) Is this a good way to not to live apart or bring her faster after marriage ?
5) Or scrap all this. Go get married, come back to Canada alone and then apply for PR application and be patient. The proper way :(.

Please recommend which is good. I just want to be with her after marriage as she cannot live at her parents after marriage and I hate to leave her alone all by herself.

Thanks for the help in advance.
@ kratos85
I am in the same situation as you were.
how did u execute your plan to bring your girlfriend/fiancé to Canada.
inbox me at arvindtbe@gmail.com

-Arvind

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Hi guys,

Need advice on my case. I am a PR and getting married next week in India. I like to bring my wife/fiancée asap in Canada.
Can I apply for visitor visa for me wife ? I heard this very unlikely to get TRV if one of the spouse is on PR ? If it is then there is any other way ?

Please help on this. Thanks in advance.

gagan09

Mar 16, 2017
Hi guys,

Need advice on my case. I am a PR and getting married next week in India. I like to bring my wife/fiancée asap in Canada.
Can I apply for visitor visa for me wife ? I heard this very unlikely to get TRV if one of the spouse is on PR ? If it is then there is any other way ?

Please help on this. Thanks in advance.
So what happened there ? I am on a similar boat as you were earlier... possible to share what you did ?

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
hi there..

i need somebody's advise on my situation. I am a PR and have invited my fiance as a friend (on a student visa in USA) and her application has been approved. We are getting married in April (in India) and planning to move to Canada after our marriage. What should be me next step regarding paper work for my (then) wife? How to proceed towards her visitor extension (more than 6 months); work permit application and spousal sponsorship? i would really appreciate if someone can suggest me something.
I think that should be fine. My husband, a Canadian marry me in my country
.After a year, i applied TRV with his invitation letter. My TRV been granted multiple till the expiry of my passport. I had a good job in my country so i could convinced immigration tht i will return to my country after- but when i arrived in Canada (i resigned from the job) i extended my TRV after 6months than we applied PR and WOP together. I got WOP after 5months and now waiting for PR still. Good luck for you

Reactions: diogosouza