+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring spouse with Tourist Visa, marry, bring her and then apply for PR

kratos85

Feb 6, 2012
All

After all the Drama from our parents side, everything has been finalized and I am getting married in April.

1) She is working in India so she has a good reason to go back. Can I ask my girl friend ( soon to be wife) to apply for Tourist Visa now?
2) I have started to work on all the paper works, police clearance, etc as a head start. However after marriage I will bring her here as Tourist Visa or visitor visa or any k because she would have one already approved (Lets assume).
3) Can I apply for PR as outland application even though she is living with me ?
4) Is this a good way to not to live apart or bring her faster after marriage ?
5) Or scrap all this. Go get married, come back to Canada alone and then apply for PR application and be patient. The proper way :(.

Please recommend which is good. I just want to be with her after marriage as she cannot live at her parents after marriage and I hate to leave her alone all by herself.

Thanks for the help in advance.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
5) Or scrap all this. Go get married, come back to Canada alone and then apply for PR application and be patient. The proper way Sad.

You mentioned already that it is the proper way. :)
I fully agree with that too.

boshetunmai

Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31.10.2011 (Sponsor approved)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
If you applied "the proper way", you could still apply for a visitor visa for her while you're waiting for your application to be processed. It is a little bit more difficult as you really must prove that she has strong ties to her country that will bring her back at the end of the visitor visa, EVEN THOUGH she is applying to be a permanent resident.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she does get a TRV and comes with you to Canada, you are still allowed to apply outland. Outland through India is pretty fast.

PJoshi

Feb 6, 2012
I would recommend to go through the "proper way" for two reasons. In case your wife's application is refused from inside Canada, you have no right to appeal. Secondly, the application process is very fast from India.

Best of luck and congratulations!!

Prachi

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PJoshi said:
I would recommend to go through the "proper way" for two reasons. In case your wife's application is refused from inside Canada, you have no right to appeal. Secondly, the application process is very fast from India.
He is not planning on applying inland though. He is planning to trying to get his wife to Canada on a TRV and still applying outland so processing time will still be fast and he will still have the right to appeal. The question is just if he can get the TRV. Sometimes it is hard to get a TRV for a spouse.

kratos85

Feb 6, 2012
First of all thanks a lot people. I am getting good replies unlike other forums :)

Leon said:
The question is just if he can get the TRV. Sometimes it is hard to get a TRV for a spouse.
Leon is correct I am planning to apply for outland after she arrives here. However to what Leon wrote above she will not be married when she apply for TRV won't that make it easy to get the approval from government people ( sorry TRV, PR all these are new to me so please bear with me)

However what I am worried is, when I apply for her PR application they will find out that we lied about our relation in TRV that can make things messy. Is my assumption correct ?

If everyone is suggesting me stay calm then I guess that is the wise way.

worththewait2012

Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kratos85 said:
First of all thanks a lot people. I am getting good replies unlike other forums :)

Leon is correct I am planning to apply for outland after she arrives here. However to what Leon wrote above she will not be married when she apply for TRV won't that make it easy to get the approval from government people ( sorry TRV, PR all these are new to me so please bear with me)

However what I am worried is, when I apply for her PR application they will find out that we lied about our relation in TRV that can make things messy. Is my assumption correct ?

I will be in the exact same situation in the summer, He lives in Lima and hopes to get a TRV .. then we hope to get married in Canada.. and change his application. Would you advise otherwise and instead we get married in Lima? If we did get married in Lima.. he may already have TRV ... so that would be okay? we apply ooutland and he goes back after visa expires and we wait patiently the "proper way"?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kratos85 said:
I always support the straight forward method, which will not cause any tension. There could be some delay. The separation and other problems mentioned might be negligible when you anticipate any risk while applying parallel to TRV.

rakeshp

May 14, 2013
I had my girlfriend apply for a visitors visa, and she got approved. Now I will be going to my home country to get married and planning on bringing her here using the visitors visa she obtained months earlier. So once she lands in Canada I am planning on applying for inland sponsorship. Is this an OK thing to do? Any response would be appreciated.

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
Trying to get a TRV does not harm the PR application. You can try. But one problem might arise is that once you get married, would you not need all the documents updated, names, new passport, etc? You mentioned that you have been preparing documents. I don't know India's specific requirements but you might want to check it out.

rogerset

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Hi Kratos85, I am in the exact same situation you were in. Could you pls tell me what you ended up doing? Did you apply TRV for your wife and bring her here to Canada and then also applied outland PR for her? Did she end up getting her TRV and her PR? Pls respond with what happened in your case so I can learn from it.

Roger

M

mikeymyke

rakeshp said:
I had my girlfriend apply for a visitors visa, and she got approved. Now I will be going to my home country to get married and planning on bringing her here using the visitors visa she obtained months earlier. So once she lands in Canada I am planning on applying for inland sponsorship. Is this an OK thing to do? Any response would be appreciated.
If you get married already, and use the same visa she had, the agents at the airport can still deny your wife. Getting a visitor visa isn't a guarantee she can come here, she still can be turned away at the airport if they agent feels she will not leave her country, and if they know you are married, it might be a refusal.

gongdi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
mikeymyke said:
If you get married already, and use the same visa she had, the agents at the airport can still deny your wife. Getting a visitor visa isn't a guarantee she can come here, she still can be turned away at the airport if they agent feels she will not leave her country,
...but if she already got her visitor visa, that means she has already convinced VO her intent to return to her home country. How often do customs agents in Canadian airports turn away visitors who have just arrived?
...Then again, I'd believe anything at the airport these days. Returning to Vancouver from Korea in 2005, I was the one who was stopped and searched for 25 minutes like a second class citizen while Korean nationals walked right through the gateway to luggage!

To the OP: I think applying inland is your best bet, as it almost guarantees you two will not be separated. Yes, it's the "improper" method but with the incompetence of current VO staff partly due to the strike, a PR decision could take years for some of us!

azaman

Sep 15, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1 2010
Doc's Request.
October 6 2010
Nomination.....
Doc submit Nov 16, 2010
AOR Received.
January 11, 2011
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
In Process since Mar 7, 2012
Med's Request
November 28, 2012
Med's Done....
December 6, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sept 2, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 23, 2013
LANDED..........
October 6, 2013
My daughter is a Candian PR. She got married in January 2015. They are planning to move to Canada in January 2017 with her spouse on a tourist visa. Can she apply for his PR while in Canada on tourist visa? He is also taking admission for Master in Architecture? Will he come back and have to take student's visa because PR application takes time to complete? Pls respond.