+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring spouse while on visitor visa

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If she is told by the CBSA to leave, she has to leave.

If she applies for an OWP, she will have "implied status" until the decision on the OWP is reached, and provided it's granted (it should be, unless something strange happens) she will have status through the OWP.

If she doesn't apply for the OWP, she will technically be overstaying her status. That could cause issues while the application is processing, but unless you go across the border, you probably won't run into any issues.

I'd encourage you to apply to extend a status and then apply inland.

Reactions: Kevin L

Kevin L

Mar 20, 2019

If she applies for an OWP, she will have "implied status" until the decision on the OWP is reached, and provided it's granted (it should be, unless something strange happens) she will have status through the OWP.

If she doesn't apply for the OWP, she will technically be overstaying her status. That could cause issues while the application is processing, but unless you go across the border, you probably won't run into any issues.

Thank you we will look into applying for the extension then.

Kevin L

Mar 20, 2019

That’s super helpful I formation thank you again - You’ve been helping with some other questions too it’s very helpful thanks.

Reactions: k.h.p.