+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring spouse through Islamabad VO

Ludin

May 5, 2008
Hi,

I am an Afghan-Canadian and I am trying to sponsor my spouse (she is in Afghanistan). We don't have a Visa Office in Afghanistan, so we are using Islamabad's Visa Office. What I want to know is, how long will our case take? or how long does an average case take? Our application has been forwarded to the Visa Office in Islamabad (It was stated in the letter).

** I am a second year university student and my income was around $13, 000 for 2007
----------

We received your application to sponsor (***) on February 29, 2008.

We started processing your application on March 31, 2008.

We returned your application with a letter on March 31, 2008. You may re-apply or resubmit your application when the information requested is provided. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a letter on April 22, 2008 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

---------

Thank you for the help

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
Dear Ludin,

Thats very good for sharing your timeline,

I 'm also an Afghan and my case processing in Islamabad. so at least spousal cases finalize within 5-8 months.

But if you really submitted all requirement hopefully when Islamabad start processing your spouse case it will finalize around 5-6 months if your case is simple.

So your application i think forwarded to Islamabad on 24 April, 2008. so after a month Islamabad will start processing and you will spouse in Pakistan will get a letter thats called AOR, Aknowledgement of Receipt.

so the real case will start when islamabad start processing.

Best
Rahimi

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
Dear Ludin,

Onething i would like to mention and just i am trying to support you because i am also in the same boat. and i am waiting for islamabad when they asking for my passport.

so please try to finalize everything from Pakistan its good. hopefully you got your police certificate from pakistan if your wife resided more then six months so your spouse needs police certificate from pakistan not Afghanistan.

Marriage Certificate should be from Pakistan also.

The rest you know better. hopefully you collected and submitted all requirement documents as i mentioned : emails, telephone bills, gifts, money order receipts. and other things as its now clear to you.

Best regards
Rahimi

Ludin

May 5, 2008
Salamoona Rahimi sahib,

My spouse is in Kabul and our marriage took place in Kabul. I don't have a Pakistani visa on my passport, so I cannot tell them that we were married in Pakistan. I sent the entire package (money order receipts, police certificate from kabul, medical results, wedding pictures, marriage certificate, copy of my student loan forms, proof of me being a student, copy of my spouse's passport).

In the letter, they said we met the minimum requirement and the case was sent to Islamabad. So hopefully we don't have any problems.

I wish you good luck with your sponsorship.

Thank you for your reply

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
Dear Ludin,

Thats fantastic cause i thought maybe your wedding took place in pakistan. but now i got it. so you don't have any problem dear. just relax and it will take time for 4-6 months.

If your case is very simple it will be finalize very soon within 3-5 months right. so lets see.

Best
Rahimi

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
Dear Ludin,

I received your posted message to my email.

AOR, stands for Acknowledgement of Receipt means. Islamabad received your application from CIC-M, Canada. and now Islamabad is responsible to handle your case.

It means its good to have your AOR.

Best
Rahimi

Ludin

May 5, 2008
Dear Rahimi,

Thank you for your reply. Islamabad started processing my application on May 12, 2008. I hope the case goes smoothly and we don't come across any problems.

How is your case coming?

Najeeb sana

Aug 9, 2008
Rahimi said:
Dear Ludin,

Thats very good for sharing your timeline,

I 'm also an Afghan and my case processing in Islamabad. so at least spousal cases finalize within 5-8 months.

But if you really submitted all requirement hopefully when Islamabad start processing your spouse case it will finalize around 5-6 months if your case is simple.

So your application i think forwarded to Islamabad on 24 April, 2008. so after a month Islamabad will start processing and you will spouse in Pakistan will get a letter thats called AOR, Aknowledgement of Receipt.

so the real case will start when islamabad start processing.

Best
Rahimi
Dear Rahimi,

My wife is a Canadian and she applied for my immigration on March/2008.
Following are the details of my Case.

1-Sponsorship approval
2-Acknowledgement letter from Canadian High Commission
3-also I got the file no# on 10/June/2008.
then I sent my ( original nikah Nama ,phote of Nikah , phone bills , email contacts ) on 16/June 2008.
after that I didn't receive any response yet from embassy .
but the broblem is that my father in law is sick in canada and my wife can't come for wedding here to Pakistan.they did the engagment party in canada also we did here in Pakistan we had the pictures speratly not together .
Could you know the status for such a case , will the embassy send me letter for my passport or they reject my case .

I will be grateful if only experts give their opinion on this Or those who have received the letter for passport request.

I am keenly waiting for your reply .

Regards

Najeeb Sana

11/Aug/2008

Sam801

Jul 30, 2008
Just a quick Question. Islamabad visa office is working on it normal pace or it is short of staff because of situation is Pakistan.?

2c

Star Member
May 19, 2008
@najeeb sana

my case same as your case, i was in pakistan and my wife in canada, (proxy marriage)

i am pakistani national and working in afghanistan, and i am not worried about any thinng regarding immigration and i suggest you also not to be worried every thing will be fine Inshalla.

fasy

Nov 21, 2010
hi

i am faisal i got married with canadian women in september she is much older then me i am 27 and she is 39 will it effect on our spousal case and i am completing my document can any give details any additional document i can attach?