+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring spouse living outside of Canada_change of address

stavan2003

Jan 31, 2015
Hi,

I am a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada and I am planning to sponsor my spouse from outside of Canada and submit the application in coming few days.

My mailing address is of Canada as one of my family's friends is taking care of it.
If I understand correctly, all the correspondence will happen via my email, if I mention the same ?

In IMM1344E - residential address : I have mentioned the one in which I am currently staying on rent with my spouse in a city different from his Permanent address.
We might require to shift to another house in next 2-3 months.

We are planning to submit the application with our current address.

1.Should I inform CIC about this in advance (about my change in address ?) or once I get approved as sponsor and get my File No. ?
Will this require re-submission of the forms and posting the same or just emailing the new details to the VO ?

OR

2.Will it be better to give Permanent address of my spouse instead to avoid any confusion ?

Please advise.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would not give your friends address in Canada.

I would give your current address on the form( that means you are living with your spouse currently)

you would get an email of sponsor approval by the time you move to new place and you and your spouse would have file/UCI no.

Then you/she can change address on CIC website- it takes 15days, does not change right away on the system though.

Like you said, they correspondence via email during processing. VO send physical COPR letter to you/ spouse address when she approves PR.
- so if you/she plan to stay outside of CANADA till she gets PR, should put actual address you/your spouse can receive a letter in the future.

stavan2003

Jan 31, 2015
Thanks for your reply. I plan to write my spouse's permanent address in mailing address.

As concerned for my residential address, will it be ok to write down the address where we stay currently on rent? I will change it and inform CIC once we move to a new rental place for accomodation.

Please advise your views.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
think residential address would be your current address .
As mentioned, you can change your mailing/ residential address later.