+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring pregnant spouse

atinder

Apr 12, 2013
Hi
I am a permanent resident of Canada and came to India for marriage and didn't went back for 6 months. But now my wife is 3 weeks pregnant. I don't understand the procedure now. Can i apply for my pregnant spouse for PR in Canada. I want the birth of my child in Canada if possible.
If not, than i will have to wait back here in India. Normal processing time is 10-11 months. Is there any chance, if embassy can consider it in a special case and cooperate by immigrating my spouse. It will be difficult for me to start all over again in Canada. I wish to go and start my business there in Canada without any further delay, but need assistance and cooperation.

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
As a PR you have to be in Canada to sponsor your spouse... you would apply outland, but you must be in Canada.
CIC will not give preferential treatment to your spouse because she is pregnant.
You should fill out the applications while in India with your wife, get the medical certificate, police check and when you get to Canada forward your package to CIC-M
Good luck

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
How's the medical going to be completed when she is pregnant? No X-Ray...

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
You can do some of the medical exams, and indicate in the application that the medical exam has not been completed because of pregnancy, and it will be completed as soon as the baby is born.
If there is an explanation about why the medicals are missing, then CIC will still assess the file, for sponsorship stage 1, and send it to the VO stage 2 - then the applicant would have to update the VO about the birth of the baby, which will need to be sponsored as well - so as soon as the baby is born, the mother + the baby go for complete medicals, and a new form with dependent included should be sent to be added to the file, so CIC can issue a visa both for the baby and the mother at the same time.

THe baby needs to be sponsored at the same time - if not included in the application at that point, he will never be able to be sponsored.
Sweden

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
so you mean to say that until the medicals are not done i mean including x ray , VO doesnt give you PR , other words they cannot finish your application
in this case ofcourse you have to add the baby and baby needs to be sponsored too.
what if the sponsor is canadian citizen then you dont need to add the baby as baby automatically will be canadian too.. even in this case the application will not be finished until you are done with x ray ?
sweden !may be you can answer me about this..

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
simb said:
so you mean to say that until the medicals are not done i mean including x ray , VO doesnt give you PR , other words they cannot finish your application
in this case ofcourse you have to add the baby and baby needs to be sponsored too.
what if the sponsor is canadian citizen then you dont need to add the baby as baby automatically will be canadian too.. even in this case the application will not be finished until you are done with x ray ?
Either way, they "need" the x-ray. If the child is a citizen because A) born in Canada or B ) Sponsor is a citizen, then the baby can automatically come to Canada as long as the parents get a Canadian Birth Certificate or Passport :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
simb said:
indeed - it's quite a common case. If the wife is pregnant when being sponsored, the medicals can be delayed, but CIC won't issue the visa before it's done. It's usually not so much an issue because files take a while... so by the time CIC looks at an application, generally the baby is born. Once the baby is born, if he is not Canadian, he needs to be added onto the application. If he is Canadian, he should be declare to the embassy but doesn't need to be sponsored.
Sweden