+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring parents with type c dependent

captlevi

Jul 17, 2019
Hi All,

I have submitted an application to sponsor my parents (mother and father) along with my sister (28 years old) as type C dependent. She has a development disorder and she is depended on my parents financially. My application was received March 2021 and so far I have received biometric requests for all 3 members but last Saturday I received medical exam request for only my parents and not for my sister. I have tried calling IRCC multiple times but unable to get a hold of an agent.

Does this mean my sister is not admissible? What are my options at this point?

Thanks all

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I have submitted an application to sponsor my parents (mother and father) along with my sister (28 years old) as type C dependent. She has a development disorder and she is depended on my parents financially. My application was received March 2021 and so far I have received biometric requests for all 3 members but last Saturday I received medical exam request for only my parents and not for my sister. I have tried calling IRCC multiple times but unable to get a hold of an agent.

Does this mean my sister is not admissible? What are my options at this point?

Thanks all
Order your GCMS notes to see what's happening with the application.

I think it's too early to say whether IRCC has made a decision on whether your sister can be included in the application or not.

captlevi

Jul 17, 2019
Hi @scylla , thanks for replying. I have ordered GCMS notes with IRCC in April 2022 and with CBSA two weeks ago. I have not received any response so far.

on ECAS, for sponsor it says "Decision Made" and I have yet to receive an actual sponsorship approval letter (email). I am not even sure which VISA office is processing the file.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi @scylla , thanks for replying. I have ordered GCMS notes with IRCC in April 2022 and with CBSA two weeks ago. I have not received any response so far.

on ECAS, for sponsor it says "Decision Made" and I have yet to receive an actual sponsorship approval letter (email). I am not even sure which VISA office is processing the file.
Sponsor approval just means that you have been approved as a sponsor (met LICO, etc.) it has nothing to do with whether your parents and sister have beenproved. Sponsor approval is just the initial stages of the application. Each individual receives their medical request separately so you could receive the request this week for your sister.