+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents Visa

emerald1594

Aug 24, 2023
Me and my husband will show proof of funds using our Canadian bank account. So I had a few questions
1. Do we need to notarize our statements if its from a Canadian Bank account?
2. I am the one inviting my parents and writing the invitation letter, does my husband have to also write a separate letter to show proof of financial support? Do these letters have to be notarized as well?

Thank you for your help!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Me and my husband will show proof of funds using our Canadian bank account. So I had a few questions
1. Do we need to notarize our statements if its from a Canadian Bank account?
2. I am the one inviting my parents and writing the invitation letter, does my husband have to also write a separate letter to show proof of financial support? Do these letters have to be notarized as well?

Thank you for your help!
1. No.
2. No. No.

Is this for a super visa because there is no such thing as sponsorship for a TRV. If for a TRV, they need to show their own funds too. How long is visit? How much in their funds and your funds are being shown? If not for a SV, then IRCC doesn’t need to consider your funds. Important to show is their ties to home country and travel history.

Reactions: YVR123

emerald1594

Aug 24, 2023
No this is for a TRV, by sponsoring I just meant I would show mine and my husband's funds which are around 90k. My parents have around 9k fund and no home ties except pension and a salary certificate of nominal amount (my parents are retired so it's just a certificate from a part-time job).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No this is for a TRV, by sponsoring I just meant I would show mine and my husband's funds which are around 90k. My parents have around 9k fund and no home ties except pension and a salary certificate of nominal amount (my parents are retired so it's just a certificate from a part-time job).
You can include your bank statements but IRCC doesn’t need to consider them. Your parents want to state a short visit of a couple of weeks with their current funds. After airfare, there is not much left and using all funds to come to Canada.

Reactions: YVR123

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Given their funds, and if you meet LICO, you might want to consider a super visa rather than a TRV. IRCC will look at your funds for a super visa rather than theirs.

Reactions: Naturgrl