+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My medical status from passed was changed to: "If you need a medical exam, a message with instruction will be sent to you"

Anyone else seen this change?

Last edited:

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
This is what MyCIC account says now:

Application status :A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
Review of eligibility: Your eligiblity has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your background check was completed.
Final decision: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

We have submitted our passports for visa stamping on the 12th of June but haven't gotten them back as of today.
Dont worry, that means your passport is stamped and sent back to you, you may get your passport soon.
I have exact same status, it changed yesterday and our local VFS office allow us to track our passports, which says it is couriered.
Congratulations,

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Dont worry, that means your passport is stamped and sent back to you, you may get your passport soon.
I have exact same status, it changed yesterday and our local VFS office allow us to track our passports, which says it is couriered.
Congratulations,
Check it after 1 day it should show more stuff (like document number) and also validity of visa. Mine shows from yesterday and they are in transit.
Thanks

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Congratulations,
Yeah, my parents picked up their passports with visa stamped today and they have until October 2017 to enter Canada. They also received confirmation of permanent residence there instead of at the airport here in Canada.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got passport request via email yesterday :D They got 30 days to submit their passport to Abu Dhabi Embassy

Time line posted below, good luck all!!

Application received 2nd Jan 2015
Sponsorship approval and file transferred: 16 May 2016
Medical & PCC request: 28 Aug 2016
Medical done : Sep 2016
Background in process: started on 23 June 2017
ECAS status changed to "Decision made" on 23 June 2017
PPR: via email 30th Jun 2017.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
I got my passport today.

Reactions: Jocelyn2014

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My medical was changed to passed again, wondering if they extended the expiry of it.....

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My medical was changed to passed again, wondering if they extended the expiry of it.....
So called CIC and they told me that they extended the deadline of my parents' medical to july 2018. God i hope I don't have to wait that long .......

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Reactions: Jocelyn2014
Jul 13, 2017
Hello Friends.
Its great to see so many of you have already been united with your parents by now.! happy for you all.

I have been waiting patiently for our file to progress but seems like it is stuck in a black hole. My file was received by CPC-M on Jan 02nd 2015. It was on the shelf for almost 2 years and only in January 2017 early this year, I got the sponsorship approved. At that time, the ecas system showed the file in progress for PR phase. However, couple of weeks later (in Feb 2017), I noticed that they changed the status back to Application Received for the PR application. File is in Ottawa. Since then, the file has been on the same Application Received status and there has been absolute silence from Ottawa. Not even a request for medicals or anything. I even called CIC and I was told by the agent that I did not miss any communication. They will inform us if there are any other documents required. I have not heard anything from them at all.

I am just wondering if there are more people in the same boat. Please let me know.

Thanks

pearlin

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
We got today a request to pay RPRF. 2 months apart from medical & PCC. No idea why it wasn't in the same request...

pearlin

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
Hello Friends.
Its great to see so many of you have already been united with your parents by now.! happy for you all.

I have been waiting patiently for our file to progress but seems like it is stuck in a black hole. My file was received by CPC-M on Jan 02nd 2015. It was on the shelf for almost 2 years and only in January 2017 early this year, I got the sponsorship approved. At that time, the ecas system showed the file in progress for PR phase. However, couple of weeks later (in Feb 2017), I noticed that they changed the status back to Application Received for the PR application. File is in Ottawa. Since then, the file has been on the same Application Received status and there has been absolute silence from Ottawa. Not even a request for medicals or anything. I even called CIC and I was told by the agent that I did not miss any communication. They will inform us if there are any other documents required. I have not heard anything from them at all.

I am just wondering if there are more people in the same boat. Please let me know.

Thanks
I'm sure you will get medical request soon. Our sponsorship was approved in November 2016 and medical request was sent in May.

SKK18

Jul 2, 2014
Hi all,

I have received 2 emails from CIC :

1. Asking for RPRF fee and travel history form.
2. To my mom for another medical. My mom has a dependent child 35-year-old with down syndrome.

I have a feeling we are heading in right direction but I'm confused what should I send them for RPRF ? Is RPRF was the same fee $490 I sent with my application in Jan 2015, I gave my Credit card details with the application, is RPRF is the same fee or s to another fee?