+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

pearlin

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
Hi guys! I need your help! My parents received PCC request and the email specifically highlighted PCC from their home country. Do they need PCC from Canada too or it should be separate request? They lived here on supervisa 2 years.

And is it normal that we didn't receive RPRF yet? Thank you!

Last edited:

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Has anyone tried calling CIC? MyCIC dashboard still says:

We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details
but there are no messages. So I tried calling the toll free number 1-888-242-2100 and just can't get through to a human.

Update: so I finally got hold of an agent after trying to get through for over an hour and they didn't have any additional information... the agent suggested my parents contact the visa office directly :/

Last edited:

TataS

Jun 20, 2016
Hi guys! I need your help! My parents received PCC request and the email specifically highlighted PCC from their home country. Do they need PCC from Canada too or it should be separate request? They lived here on supervisa 2 years.

And is it normal that we didn't receive RPRF yet? Thank you!
I received email to submit my mom's PPC only from home country , and was never asked to submit it from Canada. My mom is in Canada for 2.5 years now on Super Visa. RPRF request was on the same email with PPC with the instruction on how to pay it online.

pearlin

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
I received email to submit my mom's PPC only from home country , and was never asked to submit it from Canada. My mom is in Canada for 2.5 years now on Super Visa. RPRF request was on the same email with PPC with the instruction on how to pay it online.
Thank you TataS! No instruction regarding fees. Only a PCC request...

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So for some reason, they had my sister who is 22 listed as defendant in MyCIC (she is defendant, but because of her age, she is not in the application). Her name was removed today from MyCIC. I hope that means that they are actually working on my file. Any one else seen anything similar?

ttoommyy

Mar 7, 2017
Mine has changed from "background check will start" to "background check started" in myCIC today. However, there is no update on ECAS still "in progress". medical was done Aug last year.

So for some reason, they had my sister who is 22 listed as defendant in MyCIC (she is defendant, but because of her age, she is not in the application). Her name was removed today from MyCIC. I hope that means that they are actually working on my file. Any one else seen anything similar?

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
This is what MyCIC account says now:

Application status :A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
Review of eligibility: Your eligiblity has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your background check was completed.
Final decision: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

We have submitted our passports for visa stamping on the 12th of June but haven't gotten them back as of today.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!!!!!
Can you please share your timeline?
Application received 2nd Jan 2015
Sponsorship approval and file transferred: 16 May 2016
Medical & PCC request: 28 Aug 2016
Medical done : Sep 2016
Background in process: started on 23 June 2017
ECAS status changed to "Decision made" on 23 June 2017
PPR: Still waiting...

pearlin

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
Nina.roy, did you receive PRF in the same request with PCC? We received only medical and PCC. No fees request.