+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Do parents need to bring photos with them when they land for the permanent resident card? also for processing timesfor the residency cards, it says 56 days on CIC's website, is it 56 business days or 56 days in total? Thanks

Jocelyn2014

Jun 5, 2017
Not yet, if i don't get a call by the end of the week, I'll probably call Friday or Monday and ask for updates.
Something strange though changed in My CIC application. The line for review on medical exams says: "We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details". But that same line said Medicals passed before. I'm not sure if that's because the Medicals will expire soon around end of June. And when I scroll down to check for messages, there's no new message related to medicals and on the main page it says your action is required but there are no instructions on what needs to be done.
I emailed CPC Ottawa for clarification related to that stage and what are we expected to do and waiting for their reply.
Hi sylvia27, when you were told the background check was" in process" , what did CIC account say? in- process. we are reviewing you background now?
Mine is In process - we will send you message when we start your background check..... Don't know when they will start and how long it will take...
Thank you

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Hi sylvia27, when you were told the background check was" in process" , what did CIC account say? in- process. we are reviewing you background now?
Mine is In process - we will send you message when we start your background check..... Don't know when they will start and how long it will take...
Thank you
Mine stayed there from September 2016 till last week they started processing background check.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Thank you
The background check was in progress since last August and it was completed in May. It took about 9 months...

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
The background check was in progress since last August and it was completed in May. It took about 9 months...
Wow! i wish it wont take that much in my case.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey folks, can someone please advice how do I go about changing the Local visa Office on my parents application? My mom is retiring this August and thereby she will be exiting the country she works in at the moment and moving to India (home country). Her local visa office is Abu Dhabi at the moment as that was her primary residence at the time of my PGP 2015 application. Now that she is packing up and moving to India for good, I need to update her LVO to New Delhi India. Can someone please advice how to go about doing this? Will this change at this time elongate their processing time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you.

ttoommyy

Mar 7, 2017
Mine has similar timeline. The medical status on mycic was changed to "We have requested a medical exam. Check your message blow for details" from "passed" two weeks ago, then changed back to "passed" last week. I assume that the previous medical exam result was re-checked again to see if it can be extended.

Parents medical expiring in august. No news except ecas says medical results have been received. Anyone else in this boat. Dont know what to do

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Just got PPR. Wish you all very good luck

Jun 20, 2017
Mine has similar timeline. The medical status on mycic was changed to "We have requested a medical exam. Check your message blow for details" from "passed" two weeks ago, then changed back to "passed" last week. I assume that the previous medical exam result was re-checked again to see if it can be extended.
I hope they dont have to redo their medical. I cannot check mycic as i had hired an agent to file the application.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Hi can you please post your time line. Thanks
Application received 2 Jan 2015
Additional Document requested: April 2016
Sponsorship approval and file transferred: 12 Jul 2016
Medical & PCC request: 15 Aug 2016
Medical done : 25 August 2016
Background in process: started on 5 June 2017
ECAS status changed to "decision made" on 5 June 2017
PPR: 20 Jun 2017

Last edited:

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application received 2 Jan 2015
Additional Document requested: April 2016
Sponsorship approval and file transferred: 12 Jul 2016
Medical & PCC request: 15 Aug 2016
Medical done : 25 August 2016
Background in process: started on 5 June 2017
ECAS status changed to "decision made" on 5 June 2017
PPR: 20 Jun 2017
Wow, congrats buddy. My background process has been in process since Oct 2016. I am wondering if they are actually working on it. My medical was done Sep 13th 2016.....

Jocelyn2014

Jun 5, 2017
Wow, congrats buddy. My background process has been in process since Oct 2016. I am wondering if they are actually working on it. My medical was done Sep 13th 2016.....
My medical was done Sep 7th 2016,,,even more nervous.... Background check - In process, but not started yet...