+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Aug 22, 2016
Hello friends, My parents got the request to submit passports for Visa. The primary applicant (my dad) is in India and the dependent (my mom) landed in Canada (Vancouver) for Summer holidays. Can my mom get the visa from Canada (and my father get his visa from India) or does my mom need to fly back to India to get the Visa along with my dad? She had a US visa so she can land after my father did his landing.

Please advise if she need to fly back or can she get visa from here. Thank you.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
I just received an email that I have a new message in MyCIC account and lo and behold it's the PPR at last. So finally after almost 1 month from seeing the application status change to Decision made, we received the long awaited letter. Thank to all and good luck to you with your applications.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just received an email that I have a new message in MyCIC account and lo and behold it's the PPR at last. So finally after almost 1 month from seeing the application status change to Decision made, we received the long awaited letter. Thank to all and good luck to you with your applications.
Congrats Sylvia, your case was being processed in Ottawa?

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

That is excellent news, congrats Sylvia!! Would you be able to post how long it takes for you to get your passport back from Ottawa after you send it in. This will help me plan my parents travel plans. Many thanks.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Congratulations! that was good information.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
That is excellent news, congrats Sylvia!! Would you be able to post how long it takes for you to get your passport back from Ottawa after you send it in. This will help me plan my parents travel plans. Many thanks.
Our file was processed in Ottawa but my parents are not in Canada so they are sending their passports to their local visa office.

Reactions: nina.roy

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Sylvia, please share the time it takes to get your passport back from thier local visa office when its done. Thank you and good luck.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Thanks Sylvia, please share the time it takes to get your passport back from thier local visa office when its done. Thank you and good luck.
On the PPR, it mentions minimum 30 days but we'll see. They are submitting their passports and getting them in person so there's no mail delay. We'll keep you posted. Probably on monday they will go and submit them.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Today , my parents went to the local visa office to submit their passposrts for Visa stamping. They told them their photos were no good even though they were as required in the form. It turns out, the size requirements have changed but the form was not updated so they had to go take new photographs then come back. But eventually they submitted everything and were told, their passports should be ready in about a week and they'll send them a text message on the phone when they're ready for pick up.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Today , my parents went to the local visa office to submit their passposrts for Visa stamping. They told them their photos were no good even though they were as required in the form. It turns out, the size requirements have changed but the form was not updated so they had to go take new photographs then come back. But eventually they submitted everything and were told, their passports should be ready in about a week and they'll send them a text message on the phone when they're ready for pick up.

Can you please share new specifications for photos if it is possible? Thank you

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a bunch for sharing. All the best

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Do you guys know where I can find the forms to fill for the goods my parents are bringing with them and if there are good to follow after?

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015