N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Ibaadat said:
Dear brother Rossie and others, kindly guide me.

I received following request for only one of my parent. We already provided schedule A at the time of medical, upon their request. This is a third request and now this time, they are asking history from age 18. My parent is old and it will not be easy to gather from memory history from age 18, so i have a following question:
1) do we need to account for visits outside their country of citizenship which are less than 6 months? Is there any reference on CIC website. We have to very carefully fill this out so to avoid any misinformation.
2) Is there any other thing I need to consider in providing this information?

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background
Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature Please provide an updated
Schedule A which includes your personal history/employment and address details from
the age of 18 to the present
Yes, I had to re-submit Schedule A with Address and Personal History details since age of 18 for my mom. FYI, I also included all her travel history (it's all less than 6 months except for Canada) in Personal History section. Although my mom isn't that old; she couldn't help me much on this case.

All I can say that you don't have to bang on inserting dates and all. Try to match the history and address with all other info on the application and passport. And leave no gap in between.

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Ibaadat said:
Thank you for your kind reply. One more Q. They asked for this form "bearing original signature" . Does it mean it must be mailed to them or scanning the form with blue ink signature and emailing it to them should work? Do you know the status of your parents security check? I wonder how long it takes after filling this form out.
I mailed my parents forms with original signatures. Not sure about the background check.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Rossei said:
Yes, I had to re-submit Schedule A with Address and Personal History details since age of 18 for my mom. FYI, I also included all her travel history (it's all less than 6 months except for Canada) in Personal History section. Although my mom isn't that old; she couldn't help me much on this case.

All I can say that you don't have to bang on inserting dates and all. Try to match the history and address with all other info on the application and passport. And leave no gap in between.
Thank you much and +1

CuriouS99

Feb 15, 2017
Hi

Got the SA approval mail with the pdf letter and advise that your case has been transferred to CPC-O on Feb 10th, ecas status changed to "in-process" for few days, then changed back to "Application recd." on Feb 25th, nothing changed after that.

Please advise, if that is normal or are they having second thoughts about my case,

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It went well i filled up a form with all the info related to our file. They said there are specialized agents at CIC dedicated to working with MPs and their offices so they can get more in depth information about the files from them. They said I should get some news within a week or 2 about the status of the application and mentioned that sometimes background check could take up to 13 months. I requested them to also ask if medicals could be extended for a few months instead of having to redo them, so they will inquire about that as well.
Thanks Sylvia. I had my appointment too last week. It was quick and easy, as you said. The lady at the MP's office said that background checks are performed by 3rd party (outsourced), so CIC has no control over when that stage may complete and differs case-by-case. That's why she said that some people get their application move faster than others and vice versa. I also asked her why it was taking so long in general to process 2014 and 2015 applications (only 5k applications in total for each year), was it related to Syrian refugee or Trump win, and she said that those 2 factors are not affecting PGP applications because CIC allocated a new department to deal with those cases. So its just a waiting game. She said she will call me in a weeks time to get me an update, lets see what happens.

Did you hear anything back from your MP's office visit?

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Thanks Sylvia. I had my appointment too last week. It was quick and easy, as you said. The lady at the MP's office said that background checks are performed by 3rd party (outsourced), so CIC has no control over when that stage may complete and differs case-by-case. That's why she said that some people get their application move faster than others and vice versa. I also asked her why it was taking so long in general to process 2014 and 2015 applications (only 5k applications in total for each year), was it related to Syrian refugee or Trump win, and she said that those 2 factors are not affecting PGP applications because CIC allocated a new department to deal with those cases. So its just a waiting game. She said she will call me in a weeks time to get me an update, lets see what happens.

Did you hear anything back from your MP's office visit?
Not yet, if i don't get a call by the end of the week, I'll probably call Friday or Monday and ask for updates.
Something strange though changed in My CIC application. The line for review on medical exams says: "We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details". But that same line said Medicals passed before. I'm not sure if that's because the Medicals will expire soon around end of June. And when I scroll down to check for messages, there's no new message related to medicals and on the main page it says your action is required but there are no instructions on what needs to be done.
I emailed CPC Ottawa for clarification related to that stage and what are we expected to do and waiting for their reply.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not yet, if i don't get a call by the end of the week, I'll probably call Friday or Monday and ask for updates.
Something strange though changed in My CIC application. The line for review on medical exams says: "We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details". But that same line said Medicals passed before. I'm not sure if that's because the Medicals will expire soon around end of June. And when I scroll down to check for messages, there's no new message related to medicals and on the main page it says your action is required but there are no instructions on what needs to be done.
I emailed CPC Ottawa for clarification related to that stage and what are we expected to do and waiting for their reply.
Wow, I hope you don't have to redo medicals. My parents medicals expire in Aug 2017, and chances are if they had to retake the exam, they may not make it the 2nd time.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Wow, I hope you don't have to redo medicals. My parents medicals expire in Aug 2017, and chances are if they had to retake the exam, they may not make it the 2nd time.
Yeah that's what I was fearing, we didn't want to go through the hassle of re-doing medicals. I did ask them at the MPs office to check if it's possible to extend the expiration of the medicals as I've heard this could be possible at the discretion of the agent if the medicals were done within a year. I'm hoping this is the case since I haven't received any message to redo the medicals.

CuriouS99

Feb 15, 2017
Hi All,

regarding the PCC from the age of 18 onwards, I believe that is unfair for the PGP class, where the most of applicants are more than 60. if we all go our respective MPs I guess CIC will reduce the requirement to last 10years.
Please advise, if my thought is rational or not

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
I rechecked today and it sayd Medical Passed again. I'm not sure what happened and why the line was cvhanged previously. I followed up with the MP's office and they haven't heard anything back yet. They said they will try to follow up again today for updates.

Reactions: nina.roy

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I rechecked today and it sayd Medical Passed again. I'm not sure what happened and why the line was cvhanged previously. I followed up with the MP's office and they haven't heard anything back yet. They said they will try to follow up again today for updates.
Has your background check status changed ever since you approached the MP's office? Where are your parents based? They say background check varies per case. Mine are in Oman, so I guess background check for middle-east folks takes a while.

I don't understand why they need to carry out such extensive backgroud checks when they already have Police clearance. Shouldn't that be enough?

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Has your background check status changed ever since you approached the MP's office? Where are your parents based? They say background check varies per case. Mine are in Oman, so I guess background check for middle-east folks takes a while.

I don't understand why they need to carry out such extensive backgroud checks when they already have Police clearance. Shouldn't that be enough?
The background check is still the same. It says in progress since last August. And yes my parents are in Lebanon so it might be related to region but still almost a year is a bit excessive especially for parents who are now old.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010

I just received a reply concerning the change I saw for the mdecial review line. This is what they sent me:

Thank you for your email. Medical examinations have a validity period of one year from the initial date of examination. In some cases, when approaching the date of expiry, a medical office will re-assess an examination in order to extend the validity of the results. The message you saw was a procedural aspect of this process; our apologies for any confusion this caused. For your reference, your medical results are now valid until 2018/04/28.

So they did indeed extend the validity of the medical exams and hopefully the background check won't take that much longer.

Reactions: nina.roy

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just received a reply concerning the change I saw for the mdecial review line. This is what they sent me:

Thank you for your email. Medical examinations have a validity period of one year from the initial date of examination. In some cases, when approaching the date of expiry, a medical office will re-assess an examination in order to extend the validity of the results. The message you saw was a procedural aspect of this process; our apologies for any confusion this caused. For your reference, your medical results are now valid until 2018/04/28.

So they did indeed extend the validity of the medical exams and hopefully the background check won't take that much longer.
Thanks for sharing this Sylvia, this is excellent news!! I hope they extend my parents medicals too incase background tests take longer than August 2017 for my case. I'm happy for you. +1

Buleleng10

Jan 20, 2015
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
cvac
App. Filed.......
January 2015
Doc's Request.
July 5 2016
AOR Received.
July 5 2016
File Transfer...
July 4 2016
Med's Request
July 5 2016
Med's Done....
July 22 2016
Interview........
Decision Made
Passport Req..
May 1 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 5 2017
LANDED..........
June.....2017
Application Complete

Passport are back with Visa May 15, 2017.
now planning for their departure
Thanks be to God.

Ecas Status : Decision Made

P.S Thank you rossei for this forum it helps me a lot thru my journey.

Last edited: