+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

mysore

Jan 17, 2015
Never hurts to reach out to your MPP office and ask them to give CIC a call. You will need to provide consent by filling up the form with the details so that they can get the information on your behalf, but I think it helps for whatever its worth. I can tell you from my experience, my MPP's office was more than helpful and willing to call CIC on my behalf. They reached out atleast 3 times over a 4 month timeframe.

Hope you all get the PPR email soon!

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
mysore said:
Never hurts to reach out to your MPP office and ask them to give CIC a call. You will need to provide consent by filling up the form with the details so that they can get the information on your behalf, but I think it helps for whatever its worth. I can tell you from my experience, my MPP's office was more than helpful and willing to call CIC on my behalf. They reached out atleast 3 times over a 4 month timeframe.

Do they only get you info regarding the file or can they get them to speed up the process? I have an appointment next week at my MPs office to go sign the consent form so they could check but if it's still an ongoing background check, I don't know how they could help.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mysore said:

Hi mysore, when you approach the MP's office what do you say the reason for approaching them is? I would imagine the MP's office will ask you to wait until the processing time in elapsed just like CIC would. How do you get the MP's office to expedite our case? I want to approach the MP's office too, so please let me know how do I seek help. Is it good enough to say that my application is taking too long and ask them to help expedite my application?

Thanks,
Nina.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
nina.roy said:
Hi mysore, when you approach the MP's office what do you say the reason for approaching them is? I would imagine the MP's office will ask you to wait until the processing time in elapsed just like CIC would. How do you get the MP's office to expedite our case? I want to approach the MP's office too, so please let me know how do I seek help. Is it good enough to say that my application is taking too long and ask them to help expedite my application?

Thanks,
Nina.
This is what I did. I called them on the phone and I said I have a sponsorship application since January 2015 and I submitted the last docs they requested in September 2016 and I haven't heard from them since. And everytime I ask them they tell me the background check is in progress and to wait for more instructions. I also mentioned that the medical exams expire in July and I need their help to get more details. It wasn't difficult at all, they just asked a few dates like when i applied, when was the last time they contacted me and they gave me an appointment to go sign the consent form and maybe explain more in person. Apparently they have someone dedicated to dealing with immigration cases.

mysore

Jan 17, 2015
nina.roy said:

Thanks,
Nina.
Hi Nina, I called the MPs office and asked them if they can get some answers as I am getting a stock reply from CIC and that I am apprehensive that nothing is happening even after 3-4 months. The first time even when they enquired they received the standard reply. However, the next time (after 2 months) they got to know that an officer was allocated to my file and the day that was done. Small things like this give assurance that the file is moving. At the minimum it helped with my state of mind!

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a bunch Sylvia and Mysore. That was very helpful. One last question, how do I find my MP's office contact details?

I live in Mississauga, so should I go by the Riding Map to find my local MP office? Based on my address: this is the link I get: http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/members/members_detail.do?locale=en&ID=7094&detailPage=members_detail_contacts

Thanks in advance.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nina.roy said:
Thanks a bunch Sylvia and Mysore. That was very helpful. One last question, how do I find my MP's office contact details?

I live in Mississauga, so should I go by the Riding Map to find my local MP office? Based on my address: this is the link I get: http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/members/members_detail.do?locale=en&ID=7094&detailPage=members_detail_contacts

Thanks in advance.
Nevermind, I called the Provincial MP's office and they told me that they handle cases for landed immigrants and stuff. The Federal handles the CIC immigration cases in progress kinda-thing. So I have to reach out to Bains, Navdeep Singh's office. Got their voicemail, so waiting for a call back from them now.... :-X

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Dear brother Rossie and others, kindly guide me.

I received following request for only one of my parent. We already provided schedule A at the time of medical, upon their request. This is a third request and now this time, they are asking history from age 18. My parent is old and it will not be easy to gather from memory history from age 18, so i have a following question:
1) do we need to account for visits outside their country of citizenship which are less than 6 months? Is there any reference on CIC website. We have to very carefully fill this out so to avoid any misinformation.
2) Is there any other thing I need to consider in providing this information?

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background
Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature Please provide an updated
Schedule A which includes your personal history/employment and address details from
the age of 18 to the present

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Ibaadat said:
Dear brother Rossie and others, kindly guide me.

I received following request for only one of my parent. We already provided schedule A at the time of medical, upon their request. This is a third request and now this time, they are asking history from age 18. My parent is old and it will not be easy to gather from memory history from age 18, so i have a following question:
1) do we need to account for visits outside their country of citizenship which are less than 6 months? Is there any reference on CIC website. We have to very carefully fill this out so to avoid any misinformation.
2) Is there any other thing I need to consider in providing this information?

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background
Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature Please provide an updated
Schedule A which includes your personal history/employment and address details from
the age of 18 to the present
Did anyone had to provide personal history and addresses since age 18, and can give me some input on my above Qs. I will really appreciate.

Buleleng10

Jan 20, 2015
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
cvac
App. Filed.......
January 2015
Doc's Request.
July 5 2016
AOR Received.
July 5 2016
File Transfer...
July 4 2016
Med's Request
July 5 2016
Med's Done....
July 22 2016
Interview........
Decision Made
Passport Req..
May 1 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 5 2017
LANDED..........
June.....2017
TO GOD BE THE GLORY....

Finally the waiting game is over..

PPR request an hour ago...

Manila embassy.

Thank you lord

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Ibaadat said:
Did anyone had to provide personal history and addresses since age 18, and can give me some input on my above Qs. I will really appreciate.

I'm sure everyone had to fill this form. At least I did.

Yes you do have to include past addresses, employment, college/university since age of 18.

I didn't include any visits outside of the home country that were less than 6 months. Luckily, my parents haven't stayed for more than 6 months at a stretch in any other country.

My parents are pretty old as well. They had a hard time trying to recollect since age of 18. Approximate year and month is fine. I didn't have an exact address for some periods. Simply city and country. Try not to have any gaps that are unaccounted for. If your parents were in between jobs, then simply state so. Same with education.

Hope this helps.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
nush78l said:
I'm sure everyone had to fill this form. At least I did.

Yes you do have to include past addresses, employment, college/university since age of 18.

I didn't include any visits outside of the home country that were less than 6 months. Luckily, my parents haven't stayed for more than 6 months at a stretch in any other country.

My parents are pretty old as well. They had a hard time trying to recollect since age of 18. Approximate year and month is fine. I didn't have an exact address for some periods. Simply city and country. Try not to have any gaps that are unaccounted for. If your parents were in between jobs, then simply state so. Same with education.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for your kind reply. One more Q. They asked for this form "bearing original signature" . Does it mean it must be mailed to them or scanning the form with blue ink signature and emailing it to them should work? Do you know the status of your parents security check? I wonder how long it takes after filling this form out.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sylvia27 said:
This is what I did. I called them on the phone and I said I have a sponsorship application since January 2015 and I submitted the last docs they requested in September 2016 and I haven't heard from them since. And everytime I ask them they tell me the background check is in progress and to wait for more instructions. I also mentioned that the medical exams expire in July and I need their help to get more details. It wasn't difficult at all, they just asked a few dates like when i applied, when was the last time they contacted me and they gave me an appointment to go sign the consent form and maybe explain more in person. Apparently they have someone dedicated to dealing with immigration cases.
Hi Sylvia, how did your appointment at the MP's office go? I have an appointment with the immigration person at my local MP's office today. Lets see if they can do something for me.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
nina.roy said:
Hi Sylvia, how did your appointment at the MP's office go? I have an appointment with the immigration person at my local MP's office today. Lets see if they can do something for me.
It went well i filled up a form with all the info related to our file. They said there are specialized agents at CIC dedicated to working with MPs and their offices so they can get more in depth information about the files from them. They said I should get some news within a week or 2 about the status of the application and mentioned that sometimes background check could take up to 13 months. I requested them to also ask if medicals could be extended for a few months instead of having to redo them, so they will inquire about that as well.