Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Any one has any idea how long it takes to start background check?
My status shows next step is to conduct background check ever since I have linked my application (7th March)
I called them they confirmed that they have received everything on 5th September, and I see last update date showing in ECAS is 27th January.
Thanks

mysore

Jan 17, 2015
Hi all,

Finally received today the COPR Letters and the visa stamping on the passports for my parents in India! They have been given up to August 1, 2017 to land in Canada.

Hope you receive yours soon! All the best!

godsangel

Jul 21, 2013
mysore said:
Hi all,

Finally received today the COPR Letters and the visa stamping on the passports for my parents in India! They have been given up to August 1, 2017 to land in Canada.

Hi ,
When did they get the medicals done

mysore

Jan 17, 2015
godsangel said:
mysore said:
Hi all,

Hi ,
When did they get the medicals done
on July 25 2016

Harman167

Apr 22, 2017
nina.roy said:
I emailed CPC-Ottawa about the progress on my case and this the response I got ???

--------------

Dear <applicant>,

Your application is being processed as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within six (6) months as this could delay your application.

Please consult our Website for information regarding our processing

For your information, the processing times, provided on the website, is the average time it took visa offices to approve or refuse 80 percent of applications during a specified period in the past. They may not accurately predict future processing times.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum. In order to process requests efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests.

Regards,
Hello Nina,

I saw in one of your posts that you applied for 2014 and did not meet the 3010 LICO did Cic accept your 2013 lico? I'm in the same boat and recently I received an email from Cic that I am not electable as a sponsor because the 2010 lico was not met but my file is being transferred to a visa office I'm scared that they will reject it I'm planning to send my income from 2011 u til 2017 where I meet all the I come requirements?

Do u think they will consider it? Any input from you will be super helpful!

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Hello friends,

I received a reply back from London visa office after several weeks of inquiry and their reply is as follows:
Please note that this application is currently awaiting Security and Criminality review. We are unable to advise when this review will take place, however, please rest assured that we will contact you as soon as there have been any further developments.

My question is, what do they mean by "review" and who would be performing this review? My previous understanding was that "background checks" are carried out by various agencies who in turn advise CIC on the outcome. From the reply, what timeline can be inferred for this review to be completed. Please share your feedback on the above reply.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harman167 said:
Hello Nina,

I saw in one of your posts that you applied for 2014 and did not meet the 3010 LICO did Cic accept your 2013 lico? I'm in the same boat and recently I received an email from Cic that I am not electable as a sponsor because the 2010 lico was not met but my file is being transferred to a visa office I'm scared that they will reject it I'm planning to send my income from 2011 u til 2017 where I meet all the I come requirements?

Do u think they will consider it? Any input from you will be super helpful!
I withdrewa my application in 2014 and resubmitted it in 2015 as I did not want to take a chance, hope this helps.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone have any ideas as to why is it taking so long? My parents medicals were submitted back in September and still no PPR. 7 months and waiting.... :mad:

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
nina.roy said:
Anyone have any ideas as to why is it taking so long? My parents medicals were submitted back in September and still no PPR. 7 months and waiting.... :mad:
Same here, and medicals submitted in July and still no news. Visa office is Ottawa, and whenever I email them, I get the same response, background check still in process... I don't know why it's taking them so long for it while for others it's just a couple of months. I'm worried the medicals will expire before we get the visas.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
sylvia27 said:
Same here, and medicals submitted in July and still no news. Visa office is Ottawa, and whenever I email them, I get the same response, background check still in process... I don't know why it's taking them so long for it while for others it's just a couple of months. I'm worried the medicals will expire before we get the visas.

We did medicals in August, at least your background is in process, mine is not yet started.

Buleleng10

Jan 20, 2015
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
cvac
App. Filed.......
January 2015
Doc's Request.
July 5 2016
AOR Received.
July 5 2016
File Transfer...
July 4 2016
Med's Request
July 5 2016
Med's Done....
July 22 2016
Interview........
Decision Made
Passport Req..
May 1 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 5 2017
LANDED..........
June.....2017
Same here waiting.....

Medical results received

Waiting for PPR....

Medical will expire on July.....

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nina.roy said:
Same here :(

TataS

Jun 20, 2016
nina.roy said:
Same here. My mom did medical at the beginning of September and still no news.