NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
sylvia27 said:
Is there anyone in the same boat? Medicals will expire beginning of July. All docs were submitted in September and haven't heard anything since. Sent them an email in October and they said background check in process but it's still still going on until now. I find it's a bit too long for background check. I'm fearing that they will send us the visas last minute liike in june and won't give my parents enough time to prepare and settle their things and come here before the medicals expire.
Is is possible that they would go beyong medicals expiration date and ask us to do them again?
By looking at the timeline it seems that all the medicals done between June & September 2016 are being processed slower then others.
BTW I am in the same boat.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
punchshp said:
By looking at the timeline it seems that all the medicals done between June & September 2016 are being processed slower then others.
BTW I am in the same boat.
It's ridiculous especially that these medicals will expire in a few months and it sucks to be last minute not knowing if you have to pack all your stuff and leave or not.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Just linked my application.
Status is as follows

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. 
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. 
Review of additional documents Not applicable. 
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. 
Background check Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check. 
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
punchshp said:
Just linked my application.
Status is as follows

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. 
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. 
Review of additional documents Not applicable. 
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. 
Background check Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check. 
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

For background check it says "your application is in progress the next step is to conduct a background check". is it same as background check is in progress?

ttoommyy

Mar 7, 2017
I am in the same boat. I don't think the background check is in progress. Instead, Review of eligibility is actually in progress.

punchshp said:
For background check it says "your application is in progress the next step is to conduct a background check". is it same as background check is in progress?

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Just for FYI.... My sister in law applied for her parents and applied for it at the same time I did. BUT she paid $5000 to a lawyer but I didn't because I was capable of doing the application on my own. Her parents got immigration in 18 months and will be arriving anytime soon.
I just got sponsorship approval on Feb 3rd and a silence after that. No medical or police clearance request yet....

Not fair to people who can't afford a lawyer!!! My two cents... You think anyone cares.I GUESS NOT

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
nikary said:
Just for FYI.... My sister in law applied for her parents and applied for it at the same time I did. BUT she paid $5000 to a lawyer but I didn't because I was capable of doing the application on my own. Her parents got immigration in 18 months and will be arriving anytime soon.
I just got sponsorship approval on Feb 3rd and a silence after that. No medical or police clearance request yet....

Not fair to people who can't afford a lawyer!!! My two cents... You think anyone cares.I GUESS NOT
I don't think it has anything to do with a lawyer. I filled out all application forms myself for my mom and she got it in 20 months. There are more like me in this forum. Luck plays some role here and rest depends on CPC-M and specific LVO (some LVO seem lot faster in processing PGP cases than others).

Besides, $5000 for PGP application is a lot. Have some peace of mind that you didn't have to spend that much.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks,

My parents landed in Calgary yesterday. The officer provided them with a form called confirmation of permanent residency. But not form called "Proof of landing". Is that how it is supposed to be? Or were they supposed to get proof of landing as well?

thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
lenium said:
Folks,

My parents landed in Calgary yesterday. The officer provided them with a form called confirmation of permanent residency. But not form called "Proof of landing". Is that how it is supposed to be? Or were they supposed to get proof of landing as well?

thanks
Confirmation of Permanent Residency (CoPR) is usually given along with PR Visa. CIC usually produces 2 copies of CoPR and send them to the applicant so that he can officially land and become PR. At time of landing @ POE, the officer keeps 1 copy and gives back the other to the applicant. Until he receives the PR Card, this CoPR stands as a proof of permanent residency.

FYI, "Proof of landing" is long gone. So, your parents did it right.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much. I landed myself in Canada 7 years ago. Things are surely changed since then ;)

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
I just linked my application as well and this is the current status:
Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: Not applicable.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
We sent police certificates in Sep 2016 and medicals early Feb 2017. I don't understand why it still says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".. anyone knows what that involves besides the minimum income requirement?

hbestluck

Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karamba said:
I just linked my application as well and this is the current status:
We sent police certificates in Sep 2016 and medicals early Feb 2017. I don't understand why it still says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".. anyone knows what that involves besides the minimum income requirement?
We've already got PPR and here is what "mycic account" says:

Application status........We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility......We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results.....You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents.....Not applicable.
Interview....You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check.........We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision..........Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I mentioned in my previous post that CIC Application Status (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp) is more accurate and up-to-date than mycic account.

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
hbestluck said:
We've already got PPR and here is what "mycic account" says:
I mentioned in my previous post that CIC Application Status (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp) is more accurate and up-to-date than mycic account.
That's interesting.. The CIC Application Status page only shows me this:

We received _________ application for permanent residence on January 2, 2015.
We started processing _____________ application on July 15, 2016.
Medical results have been received.
Does it show you more information?

hbestluck

Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karamba said:
That's interesting.. The CIC Application Status page only shows me this:

Does it show you more information?
No, details are the same, but my status has now changed to "Decision Made". In our case, we've never received any update beyond "medical received/passed".

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
hbestluck said:
No, details are the same, but my status has now changed to "Decision Made". In our case, we've never received any update beyond "medical received/passed".
Did you receive any email that a decision was made or just Passport request? Do you remember when the Decision Made appeared on the status? before the email, same time or after receiving it?
Thanks.