+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
nush78l said:
Actually they do look 10 years ahead and there is another sponsor whose father failed the medicals due to similar issues.
I noticed in GCMS notes that following was required in our medical furtherance. Thought it might help.

Please provide a report addressing
history, physical examination findings, diagnosis, management
needs for the next five years and prognosis for the next 5-10 years.

Also, how long ago your father medical was done. MyCiC shows any new status yet or it's in progress? I would request GCMS notes asap, specifically for "medical". If you don't put medical in your request, they will delete all of medical related info. This info will be helpful in consulting to a lawyer or deciding for yourself if you want to withdraw the application or not.

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
concernedson said:
do not try to get local police certs. Go to the local PAK consulate and embassy.
Local embassy states processing time of 20 weeks

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, does anyone know if rheumatoid arthritis (RA) will be a concern for passing the medical exam

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Ibaadat said:
I noticed in GCMS notes that following was required in our medical furtherance. Thought it might help.

Please provide a report addressing
history, physical examination findings, diagnosis, management
needs for the next five years and prognosis for the next 5-10 years.

Also, how long ago your father medical was done. MyCiC shows any new status yet or it's in progress? I would request GCMS notes asap, specifically for "medical". If you don't put medical in your request, they will delete all of medical related info. This info will be helpful in consulting to a lawyer or deciding for yourself if you want to withdraw the application or not.
Did your parents pass the medicals or still in progress?

My father did his initial medicals in Oct 2016 and was sent for additional tests in Jan 2017. In the form from the LVO they had requested for similar information (i.e. whether dialysis is required for in the next 5-10 years. 10 years is such a long time no doctor is willing to give a recommendation.

Will request for the GCMS notes. How long does the process take?

concernedson

Jan 22, 2016
UOC said:
Local embassy states processing time of 20 weeks
The local police certificate will have some trouble getting approved by cic. Read the instructions on the cic website. its the ministry of interior of pak that issues the clearance. the wait is worth it unfortunately

Elumboy

Jan 24, 2017
Re: Sponsoring Parents in 2016

Hi all,

I am new here. I applied to sponsor my mother (2016 intake) who has being living with us in Canada since 2013. I received an email on Jan 22, 2017 that my sponsorship is approved and her application has been forwarded to Dakar Visa Office (Africa)

My question since she is in Canada on a Supervisa, can I request her application to be transferred to Ottowa? will this be of any help? or should I just wait.
Also my dad is of blessed memory, Can I be pro-active to send his death certificate?

Timeline:
We received your application to sponsor on January 4, 2016.
We started processing your application on June 8, 2016.
sponsorship approved Jan 23, 2017

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Elumboy said:
Hi all,

I am new here. I applied to sponsor my mother (2016 intake) who has being living with us in Canada since 2013. I received an email on Jan 22, 2017 that my sponsorship is approved and her application has been forwarded to Dakar Visa Office (Africa)

My question since she is in Canada on a Supervisa, can I request her application to be transferred to Ottowa? will this be of any help? or should I just wait.
Also my dad is of blessed memory, Can I be pro-active to send his death certificate?

Timeline:
We received your application to sponsor on January 4, 2016.
We started processing your application on June 8, 2016.
sponsorship approved Jan 23, 2017
There is a separate thread for 2016 intake: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-2016-future-pgp-applicants-t333951.0.html

Anyway, I don't think CIC will listen to you if you ask to move your LVO for your convenience. However, some tried your way and I don't know what happened to their cases. FYI, my mom was here with me in Canada and her file was transferred to Singapore-VO and we didn't have any problem dealing with the VO as all their communication was done via email or MyCIC account. My dad passed away as well and we had to submit the death cert. when our LVO asked for it along with medical/PCC/RPRF.

Since your file has recently been transferred, wait for their instructions to do medical, submit PCC / RPRF / Death Cert. / Updated Forms.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
nush78l said:
Will request for the GCMS notes. How long does the process take?
GCMS takes 30 calendar days. If you don't receive, on day 31 you can email them with your tracking # after which they typically take one more week. It usually comes on time though. In comment section, you must say please provide all medical results and don't forget to attach your father's consent to release that info to you. I also sent you a bit more info in your inbox.

timhortons

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July, 2011
AOR Received.
9th Sep, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
29th Sep, 2011
Med's Request
5th December, 2011
Med's Done....
11th January, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5th December, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20th March, 2012
Hi All

I wanted to share the good news that my mother finally got her passport back with the visa stamped on it. For your reference, i am giving her timelines as follows:

Application Reached: January 2, 2015 @ 9:41 AM
First AOR :21-Mar-2015
Extra Documents Request : April 26,2016
Approval Date : June 3,2016
Transfer to NDVO : June 3,2016
Medical/ PCC request : June 9,2016
Medical Sent : July 1, 2016 (we used the same medical that we has done for her visitor visa extension few months ago as the doctor refused to do another medical even on repeated requests from us saying that the existing medical is valid)

After that there was no updates till November, the status did not even change to Medicals Received. Then we contacted the local MP and asked for enquiry into the matter. He got back to us in 3 days with the detailed information on our file which said that my mother has to go through another medical test and that the existing medical wont be considered. So we got a fresh medical done for her on November 21st, 2016.

The status was changed to "Medicals Received" on November 10, 2016 and to "Decision Made" on 25th December 2016. The passport request was received on January 3,2016 and we sent the passport to Ottawa as my mom was already here on January 7,2016.
We shall be doing the landing this weekend at Niagara . Woohoo!

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
timhortons said:
After that there was no updates till November, the status did not even change to Medicals Received. Then we contacted the local MP and asked for enquiry into the matter. He got back to us in 3 days with the detailed information on our file which said that my mother has to go through another medical test and that the existing medical wont be considered. So we got a fresh medical done for her on November 21st, 2016.

The status was changed to "Medicals Received" on November 10, 2016 and to "Decision Made" on 25th December 2016. The passport request was received on January 3,2016 and we sent the passport to Ottawa as my mom was already here on January 7,2016.
Congrats!!! Did you get another medical done on your own or visa office sent you a request after an inquiry from MP? I've reached out to MP so many times, they did provide a bit info but visa office doesn't nudge and MP office does not ask visa office to do anything as it is outside their authority. Was that the same in your case? Your medicals received date of Nov 10 is prior to your fresh medical. Is that correct?

Also, what was the date when background check changed to "in process" on MyCIC.

maulikpatel35

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
timhortons said:
Hi All

I wanted to share the good news that my mother finally got her passport back with the visa stamped on it. For your reference, i am giving her timelines as follows:

Application Reached: January 2, 2015 @ 9:41 AM
First AOR :21-Mar-2015
Extra Documents Request : April 26,2016
Approval Date : June 3,2016
Transfer to NDVO : June 3,2016
Medical/ PCC request : June 9,2016
Medical Sent : July 1, 2016 (we used the same medical that we has done for her visitor visa extension few months ago as the doctor refused to do another medical even on repeated requests from us saying that the existing medical is valid)

We shall be doing the landing this weekend at Niagara . Woohoo!

So did you get the Medical and all other request from NDVO or from Ottawa.
Thanks.

KuRaMiTcH

Feb 9, 2011
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charged: 29-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 08-09-2014
Med's Request
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
27-10-2014
We got PPR last week (January 18). So glad Manila VO is moving. Hoping they will return the passports within a month. :)